My take on our opening day roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My take on our opening day roster

Seems about right.

Not sure if Elastic Roberts recovers in time for opening day (or even the first quarter of the season).

If we move on from Smythey, ideally we can get a pick for him. Doesn't seem like a guy you have to just cut outright.
Almost put on note on Roberts that said exactly that. We did give him some guaranteed money when we signed him however, so I put him on the roster. It might be better if he did start the season on the injured list. Better for him, and better for us.

I don't get it with Rowe -- he was very highly rated last year from everything I've seen.
Rowe covered TEs pretty well, but I think he's jag in the run game and offers pretty much zero as a blitzer.

Take a look at his contract some time, he's got a lot of possible bonus money contained in it... money he only makes if he plays. It's not a contract that guarantees much.

Almost put on note on Roberts that said exactly that. We did give him some guaranteed money when we signed him however, so I put him on the roster. It might be better if he did start the season on the injured list. Better for him, and better for us.
I don't think he'll be healthy by opening day so yes, he'll probably start on the PUP list

As you can see from my explanations, I gave added weight to the contracts that they've signed-- figuring that yes, Flores will cut them if they don't perform, but the contracts that they've received signify what we thought of them when we signed them.

Bobby McCain and Eric Rowe are both Cornerbacks playing Safety.

Not that there's anything wrong with that (especially if you're Rod Woodson, late in your career).

But I have the feeling that if two actual Safeties shoe up (Brandon Jones and Jevon Holland, maybe?), neither guy will be starting any more.

Bobby McCain and Eric Rowe are both Cornerbacks playing Safety.

Not that there's anything wrong with that (especially if you're Rod Woodson, late in your career).

But I have the feeling that if two actual Safeties shoe up (Brandon Jones and Jevon Holland, maybe?), neither guy will be starting any more.
Ed Sullivan has entered the building...

and you are 100% correct on McCain and Rowe.

There's lots of positional battles I can't wait to see who wins. McCain and Rowe are both converted corners playing safety well enough that they won't just get cut. Jones and Holland will have to be great communicators and be able to cover TE's better.

Do we have anyone other than Benito to play the nose yet?

I want to see Wilkins and Davis lined up at DT in the 4-3.

If this line can improve as much in run blocking that they improved at the end of last year, Gaskin ought to have a great year.

The progression of Tua. I want to see him throwing guys open again. The game seemed fast for him last year. This year will be better.

Let the camp battles begin!

Nice work Fever, looking over that I think a lot of people are concerned with RB and C obviously but I would like another LB'er in the mix. Baker, Van Ginkel are fine but not sure if McKinney will return to his 2019 form. Just something that caught my eye, I like the rest of the position groups.

That is pretty close to spot on.

I think Grant would make it over Wilson, but you could be right. Foster actually might make it over both of those guys. The wide receiver battle will be very interesting.

Nice work Fever, looking over that I think a lot of people are concerned with RB and C obviously but I would like another LB'er in the mix. Baker, Van Ginkel are fine but not sure if McKinney will return to his 2019 form. Just something that caught my eye, I like the rest of the position groups.
I've got LB on the list for our possible 1st draft pick next year.

Baker may leave, McKinney is on a one year trial, and Van Ginkle looks like a good, but not great player.

I know that the NFL has devalued the position, but if we can secure a 3 down, star linebacker with the right personality who can call the defensive plays... we've got our target.

Waddle, Fuller, Wilson, and Bowden put Grant on the bubble imo.

(edited to add Wilson)

That is pretty close to spot on.

I think Grant would make it over Wilson, but you could be right. Foster actually might make it over both of those guys. The wide receiver battle will be very interesting.
The Foster signing still stumps me... of all the guys we signed, he seems to have the longest shot of sticking. It's almost like we decided to sign him just in case we didn't draft any receivers.

Now... if he can win the punt or kick returner job (or both), then maybe we'll have something.

...what kinda moves you talkin' 'bout?

Trades?

if so >>>> speculate!
Waiver wires - trades - we are still gonna rent a RB - plus we need 2 players for the center position and we only have skura so...

we have assets to offload for picks and players - including but not limited to Parker, McCain, and maybe even X...fasten your seat belt - this is not Cam Cameron or dunce cap wanstadt

The Foster signing still stumps me... of all the guys we signed, he seems to have the longest shot of sticking. It's almost like we decided to sign him just in case we didn't draft any receivers.

Now... if he can win the punt or kick returner job (or both), then maybe we'll have something.
Isn't he related to someone on the team?

Or is he the one with the pictures of Stephen Ross nobody wants getting out?

Back
Top Bottom