My Take On The Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Take On The Game

While some people here are looking at Walton and Gaskin to battle for the final spot at RB, don't be surprise if Laird beats them both. He just looks and seems to play like that NE type of RB that they've had before. I'd like to see him play at least a couple of drives with the starters tho that O-line might not help him much.

The Rosen cake looks about 50% baked IMO.

No clue how much performance upside the finished product will offer.

I noted the Laird kid last week and in my view he's just a football player.

I thought he was surprisingly physical last night. And seemingly every time he

touches the ball it's positive yards. I think he has a legit chance to make the 53

and if not for sure on PS. Been digging on Sam Eguavoen since early TC.

Dude attacks and plays aggressive.

Maybe the best game I've seen from Harris. He looked more confident and

showed some upfield explosion. DL in general was pretty dang good. I think

we have some nice young talent to develop. Ledbetter. Hendrix. Taylor. Wilkins etc.

I thought Prince looked decent. Kid certainly has the physical frame etc. for the position.

Jesse Davis looks ??? @OT IMO. Getting beat to the outside pretty consistently...

Deiter needs to ramp up his game fast.

Too bad Li'l bitch Arians turned the game into a flag fest...

I thought the OL was fine until they took out Tunsil then it went to crap and I thought they would be destroyed by the Bucs aand Suh. They weren't until we changed up the line

Last edited:
If I'm creating the roster Walton is gone. I had hopes for him but he's a smallish guy who lacks any exceptional speed, ability to make people miss, or vision. I'm not super impressed with Gaskin either but he's shown some physicality. Maybe the team is seeing other things in practice though.

I would not be surprised if one of our backup RB's comes from anotehr roster.

When Tunsil and Kilgore were taken out of the game the OLine suffered big time. Up until that point the 1st string line played surprisingly well. Reed lacks the command of the center position. He's still a work in progress. But his lack of experience at the positions seems to have a negative affect on both Calhoun and Deiter.

Interesting. I have him pulling up the rear right now. He plays like the slowest of the bunch and very indecisive. I'm pulling for Laird as our #3.

Agree. What I saw from Walton was the opposite of what kdawg said. I saw Walton with zero vision and just running into the backs of the linemen. There were opportunities but it’s almost like he was running with his eyes closed.

Given the contributions the others have made I too think Walton is an easy cut.

While some people here are looking at Walton and Gaskin to battle for the final spot at RB, don't be surprise if Laird beats them both. He just looks and seems to play like that NE type of RB that they've had before. I'd like to see him play at least a couple of drives with the starters tho that O-line might not help him much.

It means little what he has done, unless as you say, you see it against better competition.

I believe the other backs are ahead of him for a reason.

The interior of the OL is dreadful, were going to get very little from the running game to help the QB.

Kiko and McMillian- have you missed them at all?
Good to see Harris finally finish and get to QB, so many times he was just a tick late previously.

DB competition is something to watch Armstrong, Hartage, Smith, Wiltz, lammons- they seem to like Needham still. Davis got beat for the winning catch, just couldn’t defend that size and good throw.

I think Lammons has a shot to make it, he is a guy Im pulling for.
The interior did not look as good I agree. But some of it might also have to do that Ballage and Drake were not playing and our 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and what not) RBs had trouble hitting the holes anyways. There was a lot of times too many stutter steps and wiggling around.

My takeaway on the QB play after two games...Rosen looked a lot better playing with the backups against Atlanta than Fitz did playing with backups last night.

I guess people are expecting a QB Messiah to drop from the sky. Otherwise, I don’t know how some can overlook what has been very solid play from Rosen. Yes, he’s had two very poor throws in his two appearances. But the kid is 22 years old with 12 games under his belt. His ball placement on the majority of his throws has been tremendous. His pocket movement and awareness has been very good. He’s got the arm talent. He stood tall in the pocket last night and completed throws with pressure in his face, and he also made one great throw on the run.

I don’t see how you can’t be optimistic about Rosen if you’re a Dolphins fan.
I’m optimistic - I just see some red flags is all. There was another thread when we first got him where a “pro” broke down his film from AZ. The most concerning thing on it was that he was routinely late delivering the ball - even on little 5 yard outs. I don’t know if he’s still doing that or not but that definitely jumped out as a concern. That and bad decisions like that lob right to the defender will make you want to pull your hair out as a fan. Hopefully he cleans that up.

Tunsil truly helped the OLine look decent. It was night and day with him in there. Prince once again held his own, showcasing his long arms in pass pro. I realize it was against backup type guys, but the technique was what I was looking for. Charles Harris played very well and showed off his cat quick pass rush on his 2nd sack of the game. Maybe the lights gone on? Maybe he knows it's a contract year? I also thought the run defense was very stout. The DE's are really setting the edge so far. The DT's have been hard to move out and the LB's are filling the gaps. Great job.
Is it already a context year for Harris? Holy crap he’s done jack **** in 3 seasons. Agree he looked good last night - for once.

Back
Top Bottom