My take on todays game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My take on todays game

bastid

Starter
Reaction score
I watched the game today and would like to share the things that stood out to me today. I was as excited and pumped as most of you were when kickoff started. Our offense had bright sides and real ugly sides today. The emergence of the "Wild Pat" as some say was laid down today. The potential from some of those plays made me feel better about the L. If White would've hit Ginn in stride deep, I believe that would be 6. White got his welcome to the NFL when he ran left and just got swallowed up. Ricky's still got it. He found where he wanted to go and went. I still believe that he should get the nod over Ronnie and thats not a knock on Ronnie. Ronnie didn't seem too decisive at where he wanted to go. Bess is still a beast and keeps proving hes a warrior. Camirillo's catch was awesome, I like what I see out of our WR corps. I also like what I saw out of Ginn today. He made some good catches and was open alot. Made something out of nothing on that would be pass and had a nice run. What was Fasano doing? Both catches were clutch, if he woulda just hung on to them. You CANNOT cough those up. Same with Chad, you cannot just give away the football, especially if its not from the blind side. He had pressue in his face all day, and was still efficient but not 'good' either.

Must I say there is NO excuse in getting bull rushed to the ground. That was probably the most embarassing thing I have ever seen, I felt bad for him lol. I admit its tough to play on the line especially on the road and in a dome. However, those are usually mental mistakes, false starts mainly, not getting pushed to the ground and just getting abused. Carey also did not impress by letting his man get around him and even had that holding call. I liked what I saw out of Grove I dont recall seeing him get pushed around.

S. Smith looked like a rookie, made a mistake early but bounced back it seemed like. They were toying W. Allen all day I felt bad for him too. I wouldn't be surprised to see both rookies take over at some point in the season. Davis showed nice burst on that tackle he made. Alot of the good corners have this, the not so good ones dont. Taylor made a good debut back, Merling looked great. Our whole front 7 looked outstanding. Bell had a nice deflection but his pass coverage is still on the weak side. Both Bell and Wilson led the team in tackles.

All in all it was an ugly game for us that showed alot of upside. The 'fumbilitis' will be corrected, I hope. However with the plays out of the Wildcat that had 'big play' written all over them showed glimer of hope. The way our WRs were catching and the way Ricky and Ronnie looked at some points were good. Our run D is stout we held Turner in check. Our pass coverage mainly Allen are questionable. Our Oline still looks questionable. Its hard to tell if its just a coaching thing, time to gel, or what. If there were some things I missed feel free to point them out. :up:

Back
Top Bottom