My thoughts on Saturday’s electric practice.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on Saturday’s electric practice..

confused-icegif.gif
Trying to think with an IQ of 3 - LOL

I wish I was able to attend one of these practices. Maybe one year. Great write-up!
I was hoping to come through with mega millions this weekend so I could buy a condo, a suite at hard rock, and a custom Winnebago to travel the East Coast. Oh well, maybe next time :-)

Trying to think with an IQ of 3 - LOL
this reminded me of number 45 (not a player)

I think the best way for me to sum up his evaluation is to say when I watched his film/skillset I believed he would do best in closer quarters and closer to the LOS where his height and poor tracking skills would be minimized.

I think with his excellent COD he has better chances of being in the receivers hip therefore easier to deflect passes.

Unfortunately he has not gotten that opportunity and has been used on the Perimeter and has struggled as I suspected he would..

Also think this staff planning on playing Gesicki more in-line is a huge mistake.. but that’s just me.
I'm thinking a lot of "cross body blocks", but they only work so much especially against pros

Last edited:
I think the best way for me to sum up his evaluation is to say when I watched his film/skillset I believed he would do best in closer quarters and closer to the LOS where his height and poor tracking skills would be minimized.

I think with his excellent COD he has better chances of being in the receivers hip therefore easier to deflect passes.

Unfortunately he has not gotten that opportunity and has been used on the Perimeter and has struggled as I suspected he would..

Also think this staff planning on playing Gesicki more in-line is a huge mistake.. but that’s just me.
I'm thinking a lot of "cross body blocks", but they only work so much especially against pros

Using the tag on Gesicki hasnt kept them from assembling by far the most talented roster for as long as I can remember. So from that angle, the investment is minimal and has no repercussion long term.

The acual probability of the outcome is only half the story. You could make a living wining only 10% of your bets, if the upside on those bets were properly evaluated...

Could you make a living winning .00001 cause that’s what your odds are with gesicki as a primary in line?

😂

Could you make a living winning .00001 cause that’s what your odds are with gesicki as a primary in line?

😂
He doesn't have to be the primary in line to be a valued and effective player though. Too many ppl get hung up on the position title, and the conventional definition of it. That being said, if the guy is looking for 18m/yr contract, I would surely pass on it.

He doesn't have to be the primary in line to be a valued and effective player though. Too many ppl get hung up on the position title, and the conventional definition of it. That being said, if the guy is looking for 18m/yr contract, I would surely pass on it.

Nah that’s BS. If he’s playing in line then he’s playing as a Y in the offense and Ys have to be able to block. Especially in an offense similar to what we’re installing. If u wanna make him an h back and ask him to do more split zone type blocks u might have more luck with here. But there’s a reason Durham smythe was barely out snapped by Gesicki last season and it’s bc Gesicki couldn’t carry out the full ask of the Y position and was largely limited to being flexed out in pass sets. It’s a tell when U gotta interchange 2 dudes within 1 position

It’s not tiles and definitions it’s Xs and Os and that’s what a Y te is asked to do. Hoops was right on if ur gonna ask him to play as ur Y he’s gonna have to block often unless u wanna sub him out in run sets which is bad for the offense.

Nah that’s BS. If he’s playing in line then he’s playing as a Y in the offense and Ys have to be able to block. Especially in an offense similar to what we’re installing. If u wanna make him an h back and ask him to do more split zone type blocks u might have more luck with here. But there’s a reason Durham smythe was barely out snapped by Gesicki last season and it’s bc Gesicki couldn’t carry out the full ask of the Y position and was largely limited to being flexed out in pass sets. It’s a tell when U gotta interchange 2 dudes within 1 position

It’s not tiles and definitions it’s Xs and Os and that’s what a Y te is asked to do. Hoops was right on if ur gonna ask him to play as ur Y he’s gonna have to block often unless u wanna sub him out in run sets which is bad for the offense.

Where’d this guy come from? And where ya been?

🤝

I think you missed my point. I wasn't saying he was good to play the primary in line. I was saying he has value aside from that as a main assignment. I also wouldn't read a whole lot in last year's snap counts as a rule. We had clowns running the show. I don't necessarily need to have MG taking 85% of the snaps for him to be a productive player. He can be a mismatch at times, and motion/shifts pre snap can certainly influence and manipulate defenders.

It's really kind of a moot point. He is here this year. We will see how things work out.

Please watch the oline today specifically austin jackson and larnell Coleman tackle play

Oh yeah and oline dline 1 on 1s that’s usually a pretty good indicator of how things are gonna go with your oline play.

Don’t sugar coat it either 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom