My thoughts on the Jets game. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on the Jets game.

SirDrums

I like big drums and I cannot lie.......
Club Member
Reaction score
So here we are, week 6, The patroits lost last night (is Denver still over rated? I don't think so) and we are officially back in the hunt. A win against the jets tonight puts us right back into the middle of things.

So given that, what are your thoughts on the game tonight?

Here are mine:

1. I get the feeling that the Jets are in danger of overlooking this team. we have the #1 rushing offense, a top 10 defense and an improving secondary and most people only look at the fact we are 1-3. The possiblilty for this to be a trap game for the Jets is high.

2. Only the ravens last year where able to effectivley shut down the wildcat. Since then no one has really been able to totally stop it. The reason we have held the ball for almost an hour longer than our opponets is becasue of the effectiveness of our running game. If the jets can't stop the running game or suddenly trade for manning, we shoukd be able to suffocate their offense.

3. If our secondary continues to improve I look to see less big plays (20+ yards) and stronger tackling. People seem to forget we have to rookies out there so we should only get better.

4. Sanchez is a unknown factor right now, no one knows how he is going to rebound after last week. I'm sure he is going to be looking to for a way to rebuild his confidence. The key for us is to use porter, Taylor, wake to keep him unsettled and force him to make mistakes.

5. By limiting their passing game we will force them into the run and with the best rush defense in the league, I do not see them succeding.

6. Our pass blocking has got to step it up. Six sacks against Buffalo (who just got beat by the browns) is an alarming stat. i know two were coverage sacks but we have got to seal up the gaps and give henne more time in the pocket, if not, Henne not sanchez may be the one making the mistakes. The last thing we need is for our QB to get rattled.

7. Will the real Tedd Ginn please stand up? at least I hope he hasn't stood up yet. This guy really needs to have a big game tonight, I would love to see some YAC. Just a little Ginn, please?

8. Crowd noise. I really hope the crowd that showed up for the colts game, shows up tonight, I want to be so loud that we can't hear the refs through there mikes. The noise alone should be good for some false starts.

9. Its a division game and we are fighting to stay alive. I am sure the jets want to win but losing wont be the end of their season, it could be the end of ours if we lose. I expect to see our guys play with an extra level of intensity. They have to weeks to recover, so give the jets a beating they wont forget.

Those are my thoughts, I'm no expert but thats how I feel going into tonight. I feel like this is a very winnable game. We have played some very good teams so far this year (a combined 11-7 record to the jets 9-9) so I am looking and hoping to see this team build off the momentum from last week and show the nation tonight what we already know. Miami is a team you respect, not look past.

Back
Top Bottom