My thoughts on trading up to get RG3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My thoughts on trading up to get RG3

Drubatuba

Active Roster
Reaction score
Putting it plain and simple It would cost WAAAAY to much to jump to the #2 spot. It would easily take AT LEAST this years 1st and 2nd in addition to next years 1st. Again that is the minimum, considering there will be a bidding war, they may still want more. We are in the middle of rebuilding this team, there is no way we trade all those picks away.

But besides that, I don't think the Rams want to trade down all the way to the number 8 spot anyway. It doesn't make sense for them. They would miss out on 2 big time key "franchise" players who I guarantee they want (Blackmon and Kalil). They have invested allot into Sam Bradford and they need to invest in helping him out. By moving down 8 spots there would be no chance of grabbing either Blackmon or Kalil. If they trade down to a team like the Browns, they would have the opportunity to still get 1 of the 2 guys they want (most likely Blackmon) in addition to some extra picks.

There is no way the Rams trade down to the #8 spot. And if they do I will gladly, and happily eat crow. I would love to get a guy like RG3. I just don't think the Rams are dumb enough to miss out on an opportunity to grab a franchise T or WR AND some extra picks, to help out there "franchise" QB.

Just my $0.02...

Back
Top Bottom