My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if"

Agree on Nelson, probably the safest player in the draft as well. Vea would be my second choice.

I know he is probably worth just taking at 11. But I think you can trade in the late teens, pick up some more picks and still get him.

I was under the impression that he was more of a late first projection... If he is no reach at 11, then he'd be a much better addition than a DE or G, is he a better prospect than say Nelson and Davenport?

I don't think he is better than Nelson, I just don't think we would go G at 11...we could and I would be fine with Nelson, but I think the line is set at this point. Vander Esch could go anywhere from top 10 to mid-20's...just depends on how the draft falls, but a defensive needy should not pass him up.

Some people are predicting that Nelson will slide, just because of the position he plays.

If so, I'd grab Nelson.

Yeah I didn’t include Nelson because I don’t think anyone in the organization is going to bang the table for a guard. But I’d be fine with it.

I’d hate it if we took an OG at 11, but could live with it in this rare talent of a player. In this scenario I’d be tempted to take Landry if I can’t trade down. I think he will be a difference maker and a Pro Bowler. Injury history worries me a lot tho.

Last edited:
I think it was just an oversight. I would be shocked if he were there at 11.

Wasn't an oversight... I think he slides out of top ten because of position...OT would be a top 10 IMO but even though he is an awesome pick I think guards slide a bit....we will see soon

I'll throw another one out there, GUICE. For me, in the 1st round it's a 'going for the fences' round. Either QB or a 'homerun', in this scenario, I wouldn't mind that homerun threat of a GUICE/DRAKE combo.

Buuuttt... I could be reasoned with in taking NELSON. Love me some road grader with pass protection ability.

I'll throw another one out there, GUICE. For me, in the 1st round it's a 'going for the fences' round. Either QB or a 'homerun', in this scenario, I wouldn't mind that homerun threat of a GUICE/DRAKE combo.

Interesting...I would go with Nelson over Guice because of the long term impact for the team AND the depth of RB's available with similar value...I think there are at least 2 RB's that will be available in round 3 that would compliment us nicely

Assuming we can’t trade, and it is the only way to play this game.....

Nelson
Davenport
Evans

In accordance with teams draft board of who they rank highest.

Nelson at 11 and sure up the O-line...possibly for the next decade if they manage these guys correctly...Nelson is a pro-bowler already and hasn't even taken a snap yet. it wouldn't be sexy but it would sure be amazing if was there...

Back
Top Bottom