My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if"

Interesting...I would go with Nelson over Guice because of the long term impact for the team AND the depth of RB's available with similar value...I think there are at least 2 RB's that will be available in round 3 that would compliment us nicely
Agreed.

In no particular order...
QB...Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield
RB ...Barkley
DE...Chubb
LB...Smith, Edmunds
S...James
CB...Ward, Fitzpatrick

Who is there after these are gone that you would take at 11?

Tough question, this is the one scenario I fear can very well happen to our Phins on draft day. But what I hope happens is for QB desperate teams to trade in to the top 10, therefore pushing other coveted players out of the top 10 for us to pick :)

But going back to your scenario:

1st Choice: I hope the Phins look to trade down in the mid to late first round because all the coveted players are gone. If they do successfully trade down in the first, I hope we can get another 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, and draft Leighton Vander Esch. If they can't find the right value from potential trade partners, then draft BPA:

2nd Choice: BPA is definitely Quenton Nelson: Not a sexy pick for us, but he is the best guard prospect over the last 5 years. He will be a consistent Pro Bowler. This will make an already good looking offensive line (on paper) look more formidable.

BPA is Nelson but do you move him to RG as a rookie and make him switch again next year IF Sitton retires. Moving Sitton from his natural spot is not a great idea, IMO.

I'd probably trade down in this scenario for someone wanting Josh Allen. Not wild about a guard this high to begin with...even if he is "generational". He is a dominant run blocker but not as dominant in pass pro. I don't think the drop-off in talent/value is that big compared to what Isaiah Wynn will be...as well as other guards in this draft like Will Hernandez.

Trade down, grab Da"Ron Payne and an additional 2nd round pick. Teams may be willing to give up more than the value chart considering Buffalo is foaming at the mouth at 12. Teams will want to jump them.

We end up with DaRon Payne, a top TE as well as our original pick 42 for a top free safety. Would you rather have Nelson or a top DT AND TE?

You could also go Vander Esch, DT and then TE.

Easiest decision possible.

Quenton Nelson come on down. There isn't a better scenario IMO than this one.

Nelson/Goedert combination is what I want. I know a lot of people want a LB and its hard to resist but id like to upgrade around my QB as much as i can.

For those that dont want Nelson you likely dont have to worry about it. I'll be happy settling for a blue chip defensive player.

I’d pick Nelson. Buffalo would undoubtably pick him given incognitos retirement. Plus, he’s a monster of a player at a position of need.

In no particular order...
QB...Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield
RB ...Barkley
DE...Chubb
LB...Smith, Edmunds
S...James
CB...Ward, Fitzpatrick

Who is there after these are gone that you would take at 11?

Nelson, no question. Dream scenario, IMO.

I don't normally want a guard at 11. You want an impact position and guard is not an impact position. Notice I didn't say that is not important but in a passing league you want to draft pass offense(QB,LT) or pass defense(DE,FS,Corner) but you also have to see who's there. If Nelson is so much better than everyone on your board at that time then it'd make sense to at least consider him. I'd start him and move Davis to RT and try to trade James who imo will leave after this coming season anyway.

Teams may be willing to give up more than the value chart considering Buffalo is foaming at the mouth at 12. Teams will want to jump them.

I think with the ammo the Bills have if the player they covet
is available in the top few picks of the draft they will move up.

Buffalo currently sits at No. 12 and No. 22 in the first round,
along with two picks in the second round and two in the third.
They have plenty of ammo to get into the top five to draft the quarterback of the future

I don't see them as reactive but more pro active

I would be really surprised if two LB’s AND two safeties go top 10. Minkah is gonna drop. I would bet on it. Edmunds might drop too. We always forget how none of the actual football minds have given their opinions yet and assume we have a clue how the draft will fall. Every year we find out how wrong we were.

Edmunds imo is a much riskier pick than most people seem to think. I hate to use this comp because it isn’t great but Vernon Gholston comes to mind when I think of physical freaks that dominated in college off pure athletic ability but had questions about their football IQ. I like edmunds and think at 11 he could be a great pickup, but it’s no sure thing.

I love the idea of getting a Zach Martin type player in Nelson but in FA we just landed a Pro Bowl LG and we're set at RG with ascending Iowa RG Jesse Davis. The line, complete with depth, seems set. In addition, I don't recall a mock where Nelson falls out of the top ten. If this exact situation unfolds take Nelson and move on, you never have enough o-linemen. But, and this is a big but, Allen is on the board, and you have to turn that into more picks if you truly don't like Allen.

Back
Top Bottom