My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if"

Not the greatest scenario for Miami. I'm hoping either Edmunds or Smith drops and I think one of them could, most likely Smith.

I know a lot may disagree, but I'd gamble on Lamar Jackson. He has a long way to go with mechanics, footwork etc. But, I've also never seen a more athletic quarterback. In a way, he's a blank slate for a coach like Gase. I think Gase could get his foot work in order, he could sit for a year behind Tannehill and could be well-suited for a RPO offense, even adding a "wildcat" dimension there.

Jackson has most often been compared to Robert Griffin III, but I don't think he's as good a passer coming out. I think he's more like Colin Kaepernick, able to get chunk yards with his legs, won't beat you if forced to work entirely from the pocket (at least for now), nice deep game.

Certainly would consider Nelson there as well and Bryan, who I like a lot. Even Guice, who could give Miami similar production that Ajayi did in 2016 -- dictate the running game more.

I would be really surprised if two LB’s AND two safeties go top 10. Minkah is gonna drop. I would bet on it. Edmunds might drop too. We always forget how none of the actual football minds have given their opinions yet and assume we have a clue how the draft will fall. Every year we find out how wrong we were.

Edmunds imo is a much riskier pick than most people seem to think. I hate to use this comp because it isn’t great but Vernon Gholston comes to mind when I think of physical freaks that dominated in college off pure athletic ability but had questions about their football IQ. I like edmunds and think at 11 he could be a great pickup, but it’s no sure thing.
How come you feel Minkah will drop?

Quentin Nelson the best guard in the draft and solidly the OL

I think with the ammo the Bills have if the player they covet
is available in the top few picks of the draft they will move up.

Buffalo currently sits at No. 12 and No. 22 in the first round,
along with two picks in the second round and two in the third.
They have plenty of ammo to get into the top five to draft the quarterback of the future

I don't see them as reactive but more pro active

That is true but it wasn't the scenario for this exercise. It lists Allen as being available at 11.

I love the idea of getting a Zach Martin type player in Nelson but in FA we just landed a Pro Bowl LG and we're set at RG with ascending Iowa RG Jesse Davis. The line, complete with depth, seems set. In addition, I don't recall a mock where Nelson falls out of the top ten. If this exact situation unfolds take Nelson and move on, you never have enough o-linemen. But, and this is a big but, Allen is on the board, and you have to turn that into more picks if you truly don't like Allen.

We are set, but lots of short-term contracts on the offensive line as well. Nelson could probably play center if needed as well and Davis isn't a sure thing at RG.

How come you feel Minkah will drop?
Because there’s been some rumors that his teammate whatever his name is is actually a better prospect, and he didn’t do that great comparatively to other safeties like James at the combine. I think he is a safe pick but he isn’t as elite of a prospect as most thought. I would love to get him though because he brings intelligence and is reportedly very hard working, which is obviously what we’re looking for. I just see him being the one player that’s been mocked top ten to drop.

I keep hearing the Bills are in love with Allen so unless Josh Allen goes #1, there should be a trade up to 2 or 4 to get him. Personally I am not worried about facing Rosen or Allen twice a year. I just don't want to see Mayfield in NY or Buffalo and to a lesser degree, Sam Darnold.

Vander Esch and I wouldn't trade back. LVE has a top 10 grade, has excellent coverage skills and ranks right there with Smith and Edmunds. Stay the course and draft the guy who could man multiple positions on the defense.

Pretty uninspiring "high light" tape. Smith and Edmunds are mountains better than LVE. And I am not basing this off that "high light" tape.

I would like to amend my pick. I didn't realize Josh Allen was available. I think he could even go #1 overall to Cleveland.

A little boom or bust, but again I think Gase could help him become a really good quarterback in the league.

Thanks to all who played the game...I believe in this scenario that we pick the safest most sure thing....IMO that would be Nelson...I don't want our #1 to be a wait and see type player....Nelson starts day one

Thanks to all who played the game...I believe in this scenario that we pick the safest most sure thing....IMO that would be Nelson...I don't want our #1 to be a wait and see type player....Nelson starts day one

Aside from being safe, he's the antithesis of what's plagued your offense for a decade. On the field and in the locker room.

I want the kind of OL play that garners gifts from QB's and RB's in the off season as a thank you.

Back
Top Bottom