My Top 10...who Do You Pick "if"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mwestberry, Apr 16, 2018.

1. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Not the greatest scenario for Miami. I'm hoping either Edmunds or Smith drops and I think one of them could, most likely Smith.

I know a lot may disagree, but I'd gamble on Lamar Jackson. He has a long way to go with mechanics, footwork etc. But, I've also never seen a more athletic quarterback. In a way, he's a blank slate for a coach like Gase. I think Gase could get his foot work in order, he could sit for a year behind Tannehill and could be well-suited for a RPO offense, even adding a "wildcat" dimension there.

Jackson has most often been compared to Robert Griffin III, but I don't think he's as good a passer coming out. I think he's more like Colin Kaepernick, able to get chunk yards with his legs, won't beat you if forced to work entirely from the pocket (at least for now), nice deep game.

Certainly would consider Nelson there as well and Bryan, who I like a lot. Even Guice, who could give Miami similar production that Ajayi did in 2016 -- dictate the running game more.

2. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

How come you feel Minkah will drop?

3. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

He's listed as picked.

4. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

You take Nelson in that scenario. And then you nod, shrug, and say "Welp." And then you think, "Hey, the Fins just got much better in the trenches."

5. dtjp17

dtjp17 Well-Known Member

Quentin Nelson the best guard in the draft and solidly the OL

6. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

Easy question. Quentin Nelson every time and I'm thrilled about it.

7. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

That is true but it wasn't the scenario for this exercise. It lists Allen as being available at 11.

8. SF Dolphin Fan

We are set, but lots of short-term contracts on the offensive line as well. Nelson could probably play center if needed as well and Davis isn't a sure thing at RG.

rickd13 and BSQ like this.
  9. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Because there’s been some rumors that his teammate whatever his name is is actually a better prospect, and he didn’t do that great comparatively to other safeties like James at the combine. I think he is a safe pick but he isn’t as elite of a prospect as most thought. I would love to get him though because he brings intelligence and is reportedly very hard working, which is obviously what we’re looking for. I just see him being the one player that’s been mocked top ten to drop.

10. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

I keep hearing the Bills are in love with Allen so unless Josh Allen goes #1, there should be a trade up to 2 or 4 to get him. Personally I am not worried about facing Rosen or Allen twice a year. I just don't want to see Mayfield in NY or Buffalo and to a lesser degree, Sam Darnold.

11. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

Pretty uninspiring "high light" tape. Smith and Edmunds are mountains better than LVE. And I am not basing this off that "high light" tape.

12. SF Dolphin Fan

I would like to amend my pick. I didn't realize Josh Allen was available. I think he could even go #1 overall to Cleveland.

A little boom or bust, but again I think Gase could help him become a really good quarterback in the league.

rickd13 likes this.
  13. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Thanks to all who played the game...I believe in this scenario that we pick the safest most sure thing....IMO that would be Nelson...I don't want our #1 to be a wait and see type player....Nelson starts day one

Wishfishin likes this.
  14. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

LMAO I didn’t even read it that well.

Excuse my comment hahaha.

15. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos Donator

Aside from being safe, he's the antithesis of what's plagued your offense for a decade. On the field and in the locker room.

I want the kind of OL play that garners gifts from QB's and RB's in the off season as a thank you.

mwestberry likes this.