My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft

Waddle might be the best offensive player in the country in my opinion. He's in the top 2 or 3.

Supercharged version of Albert Wilson maybe. Faster, more explosive, more elusive. Younger and healthier. It'd be flat stupid to snub your nose at Jaylen Waddle for Albert Wilson.

Waddle is a special player. I think Miami is looking for something special to tinker with in the slot and on punt returns. They'd have it in Waddle. Built in chemistry with Tua.

I’m with ya on parsons and Humphrey. Waddle not so much. At least not in the sense of a primary target top 15-25 pick investment based on what I’ve seen and his usage at bama. Maybe the usage expands more this year with guys like juedy and Ruggs out of the way. But it looks to me like the ask to date has fit his game very well. I kinda doubt he’s faster than 4.39 Wilson’s timed speed.

I’m not a huge Wilson fan i just think I can get a waddle like ask and production by and large with a lesser draft asset or a combo of players even. The returner stuff to me doesn’t add much value it’s kinda throw in in terms of skill player grades even though I’m sure he’s gonna be asked to do it in the pros.

I mean for example and I’m not saying he’s the same level as a returner but Noah Igbo returned kicks at Auburn and you could see how twitchy etc he was in the process but Miamis not validating that 1st round pick and grade with anything other than the corner play. Doesn’t matter how many kick returns he has.

Last edited:
I’m with ya on parsons and Humphrey. Waddle not so much. At least not in the sense of a primary target top 15-25 pick investment based on what I’ve seen and his usage at bama. Maybe the usage expands more this year with guys like juedy and Ruggs out of the way. But it looks to me like the ask to date has fit his game very well. I kinda doubt he’s faster than 4.39 Wilson’s timed speed.

I’m not a huge Wilson fan i just think I can get a waddle like ask and production by and large with a lesser draft asset or a combo of players even. The returner stuff to me doesn’t add much value it’s kinda throw in in terms of skill player grades even though I’m sure he’s gonna be asked to do it in the pros.

I mean for example and I’m not saying he’s the same level as a returner but Noah Igbo returned kicks at Auburn and you could see how twitchy etc he was in the process but Miamis not validating that 1st round pick and grade with anything other than the corner play.

You ain’t finding no Jaylen Waddle with a lesser draft asset. He was already better than Ruggs. Waddle will be the second receiver in combine history to put up a 4.2 forty and a 40” vert.

There ain’t no way you can find 25 better players than Jaylen Waddle. I’d laugh my ass off at 20 of the guys you’d draft ahead of him. Waddle is a rare kid I’m just telling you.

Most dangerous punt and kick returner to come along in quite a while. Igbo can tell you all about him. He was there to see Waddle destroy Auburn last year in every phase. All those Auburn DB’s that Miami has had in recently can tell you.

You ain’t finding no Jaylen Waddle with a lesser draft asset. He was already better than Ruggs. Waddle will be the second receiver in combine history to put up a 4.2 forty and a 40” vert.

There ain’t no way you can find 25 better players than Jaylen Waddle. I’d laugh my *** off at 20 of the guys you’d draft ahead of him. Waddle is a rare kid I’m just telling you.

Most dangerous punt and kick returner to come along in quite a while. Igbo can tell you all about him. He was there to see Waddle destroy Auburn last year in every phase. All those Auburn DB’s that Miami has had in recently can tell you.

Finding 25 better players yeah you probably right difficult especially if you take qbs out of it. I like the player I just think top 15 or top 25 for what I consider his ideal fit and usage and my vision for the role for the player is rich. And that I can find better value considering that usage and fit elsewhere.

I might even prefer his teammate with the Marvin Harrison like game and frame.

I am OK with taking as WR in the 2nd half of R 1, but I am really uncomfortable going earlier than that.

I just don't think the position warrants that kind of investment.

Nothing to do with a specific player, I just don't want to spend a high pick and a lot of cash on WR.

Waddle might be the best offensive player in the country in my opinion. He's in the top 2 or 3.

Supercharged version of Albert Wilson maybe. Faster, more explosive, more elusive. Younger and healthier. It'd be flat stupid to snub your nose at Jaylen Waddle for Albert Wilson.

Waddle is a special player. I think Miami is looking for something special to tinker with in the slot and on punt returns. They'd have it in Waddle. Built in chemistry with Tua.
I find this very interesting and I think you may be on to something. It seems as though Miami is using the same process they used to secure a franchise QB. Acquire cheaper options as scratch off tickets (Malcolm Perry, Lynn Bowden, Antonio Callaway) like we did with Rosen and when/if they don't work out make the big investment in the same position. You could probably say that for any position but it seems as though they are putting additional effort into securing a slot receiver.

If Waddle is indeed that fast, and I believe it, I’m all in.

So where should Najee Harris be drafted? I’m becoming a fan.

Najee should be drafted anywhere in the 35-50 range. He ain't Derrick Henry, but he's about as close as you're gonna get. Doesn't have Henry's top end speed - Harris is about a 4.65 kid.

But he's one of the most versatile backs I've seen in college recently, and versatile backs typically don't come that size. Natural pass catcher out of the backfield with soft hands and doesn't fumble. He's like a baby bull on contact. There ain't many backs that can toss a 258 pound defensive end coming full speed like a small child with one arm the way he did D.J. Wonnum in the S. Carolina game last year....followed by hurdling DB's on his way to the endzone.

Most of all he's dedicated. Relentless worker. Intelligent. Loves football. Takes care of his body. Extremely durable like Derrick Henry. He'll be a great pro. Nice fit for Miami. He's really been working hard at improving his speed this summer - trying to get in that 4.5 range.

Etienne is probably the only R1 back but I see Harris in the middle of R2.

Too rich for me, I prefer finding RB's in R3 or later.

Most teams are probably going to have Najee Harris above Etienne on their board. I'm not sure I will, but I believe a lot of NFL teams will.

I can pretty much guarantee that Etienne being the consensus top back over Najee Harris or Chuba Hubbard across the league ain't happening.

Really?

I see a pretty clear gap between Etienne and the rest.

Really?

I see a pretty clear gap between Etienne and the rest.
Pachyderm is right. Not all GMs and Scouts will see it that way. Etienne is 5'10" 205 lbs...some teams will view him as a 3rd down/change of pace back because of his size. 205 lbs doesn't exactly say "bell cow" in the NFL. It's pretty doubtful that his slight frame, generally speaking, will endure the pounding of a 16 game season.

Najee Harris on the other hand is 6'2" 230 lbs. He's not as explosive as Etienne but he is a bruising back with pretty remarkable body control. He's shifty in the hole and he can adjust well to passes in the air. If you watch his film from last year he does a pretty solid job of make adjustments to back shoulder throws. Not something you see often from RBs at the college level.

Harris made a back shoulder catch at the pylon in the end zone from tua last year that was a highlight for body control for his size.

Last edited:
I don’t think this rb class will be as good as the 2020 one though.

I will just guess at this but I imagine that ok state rb has been running in some bullshit scheme that doesn’t translate very well to the pros.

Najee is one of my favorite RBs coming out, Versatile player. He’s not the fastest as others have stated, but he shows up and makes plays pretty consistently. I know he’s close to Tua, I don’t think it would take those two long to develop chemistry.

I’ve seen him play quite a bit, but never watched his pass pro. I’m curious to how well he does there. He’s certainly got the size.

Back
Top Bottom