My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Way Too Early First Miami Mock Draft

I’m going to pencil in Najee as my first pick in round two.
This is shaping up to be one of my favorite mock drafts because I’m working on the assumption Miami nailed their meat and potatoes draft last season.

This is shaping up to be one of my favorite mock drafts because I’m working on the assumption Miami nailed their meat and potatoes draft last season.

Something tells me we nailed out meat and potatoes too. Jackson looks good, Kindly looks like a steal, Raekwon Davis has a ton of untapped potential, but the jury is still out on Hunt at RT. This worries me, because if he doesn't succeed at RT, I'm not sure where his fit is on our line. I think he will be fine, however.

With that said, next year will be filling out the missing pieces. If we can somehow nab Parsons AND Rousseau, then grab some play makers in round 2, I may just cream my pants...

No disrespect to Harris but i will be really surprised if Etienne is no the first RB off the board.

Now there is a long time until the Draft but I have to think if the Draft was today Etienne goes first.

But I have admitted my Etienne man crush here many times so I may be biased. ;)

Still not taking either of them in R 1 of course.
Ettiene is my guy too. Najee seems like more of a power back whereas ET is very electric

And i think I’ve actually warmed up to drafting a rb in the first round, BUT, only at the tail end like picks 30,31,32. So a trade up
(Or down) would be necessary for us but i like that it gives you the 5th year option on a back, rather than signing them to a second contract. Get them for another year cheap

No disrespect to Harris but i will be really surprised if Etienne is no the first RB off the board.

Now there is a long time until the Draft but I have to think if the Draft was today Etienne goes first.

Honestly didn’t see Hellaire going before Swift or Taylor so anything is possible. It depends on the team and certain fits. There seem to be the three backs at the top, Eitenne, Harris and Hubbard. Eitienne is smallish, Harris is slow, not sure about Hubbards measurables.

Edwards-Hellaire was my favorite back last year, I love his pass catching ability.

KC is the kind of team that can overpay for a RB in R 1. They are pretty stacked right now with no real glaring needs so why not add another shiny sports car to the collection?

Edwards-Hellaire was my favorite back last year, I love his pass catching ability.

KC is the kind of team that can overpay for a RB in R 1. They are pretty stacked right now with no real glaring needs so why not add another shiny sports car to the collection?

I don't disagree, unfortunately with Grier I do not see us reaching that point. His next play maker will be his first. This franchise has not drafted a RB worth a ****, ever. We have Parker and Landry to show for the WR corp and neither are elite. We have never had an elite TE, Geisicki was not who I wanted. You had Andrews and Goedert sitting there and we pick this guy.
KC has an embarassment of riches and we have WR's that cannot get seperation and a plow horse RB. Truly pathetic and we will rely on Grier to upgrade? Right.
Sorry I was watching Jackson light up Cleveland, Mark Andrews make an amazing catch and Dobbins run for a TD. All players we could have had. We are Miami and they are Baltimore, enough said.

Something tells me we nailed out meat and potatoes too. Jackson looks good, Kindly looks like a steal, Raekwon Davis has a ton of untapped potential, but the jury is still out on Hunt at RT. This worries me, because if he doesn't succeed at RT, I'm not sure where his fit is on our line. I think he will be fine, however.

With that said, next year will be filling out the missing pieces. If we can somehow nab Parsons AND Rousseau, then grab some play makers in round 2, I may just cream my pants...
Can you imagine Parsons AND Rousseau. Only drawback is the time off from football, but that will be the case for a lot of players

I like Brown from Penn State too. I'd be happy with Etienne, Harris or Brown. I think Etienne maybe the only back drafted in the 1st.

I don't disagree, unfortunately with Grier I do not see us reaching that point. His next play maker will be his first. This franchise has not drafted a RB worth a ****, ever. We have Parker and Landry to show for the WR corp and neither are elite. We have never had an elite TE, Geisicki was not who I wanted. You had Andrews and Goedert sitting there and we pick this guy.
KC has an embarassment of riches and we have WR's that cannot get seperation and a plow horse RB. Truly pathetic and we will rely on Grier to upgrade? Right.
Sorry I was watching Jackson light up Cleveland, Mark Andrews make an amazing catch and Dobbins run for a TD. All players we could have had. We are Miami and they are Baltimore, enough said.
I think with Flores, we'll see more of a New England approach. Emphasis on defense more than offensive playmakers.

Someone like Chase might be tough to pass on. But if it was Chase or Parsons, I think the team would draft Parsons and maybe look receiver after that.

Honestly didn’t see Hellaire going before Swift or Taylor so anything is possible. It depends on the team and certain fits. There seem to be the three backs at the top, Eitenne, Harris and Hubbard. Eitienne is smallish, Harris is slow, not sure about Hubbards measurables.

Najee is not slow.

I think with Flores, we'll see more of a New England approach. Emphasis on defense more than offensive playmakers.

Someone like Chase might be tough to pass on. But if it was Chase or Parsons, I think the team would draft Parsons and maybe look receiver after that.

Which would be a mistake. Especially in this era of offensive friendly rules.

We all want to see an upper tier or elite level defense. But you gotta score too. And you need playmakers to accomplish that.

KC didn’t win last season’s SB nor are they the favorite to win this season’s SB largely because of their defense. They arguably boast the most explosive offense in the game. With an elite QB and the most explosive WR in the game.

I’m all in on Ja‘Marr Chase — who I believe was the best WR in college football last season.

I really like Parson’s, but a playmaker like Chase can provide more impact.

Me too. A big back with power and speed who also possesses the necessary skills in the passing game.

Doesn’t hurt that he and Tua are quite close either.

While I think all three running backs are talented I don't think we have the luxury to spend a pick in the top 2 rounds on an RB quite yet. We are not at the point where the only missing piece is a top level RB like KC with CEH, NE with Michel, Indy with Taylor. I'd much rather spend picks on oline, LB (parsons)/Safety and two picks on receivers as crazy as that sounds. I really don't trust Devante Parker/Preston Williams to stay healthy/fully develop. Chase/Waddle in the first and Devonta Smith in the second (I think he falls to the top of the second as he doesn't have any physical attributes that stand out). Address the RB through free agency if Bredia/Howard don't work out for another year. Provide Tua with an embarrassment of riches like he had at Alabama. Attack the position like they attacked the Oline.

Back
Top Bottom