Myles Gaskins Pre-Draft Breakdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Myles Gaskins Pre-Draft Breakdown

Same. I thought he was alright in limited time, for a late round rb. Sucks he broke his leg or whatever it was. Hopefully he can recover

What's really amazing is how RBs benefit from moment and holes
up front! Makes it so much easier to gain + yardage!

We should work on that!

:lol:

A lot of people don't understand common logic. If Henry were a Fin in '19, how well would he have done? If Gaskins had been a Titan, how well would he have done? The TEAM matters.
Mahommes wouldn't have won had SF scored one more TD or had one more time consuming drive. Team matters.
And coaching

A lot of people don't understand common logic. If Henry were a Fin in '19, how well would he have done? If Gaskins had been a Titan, how well would he have done? The TEAM matters.
Mahommes wouldn't have won had SF scored one more TD or had one more time consuming drive. Team matters.
And coaching

One of the prime reasons I am high on Flores is his continuous emphasis / focus on TEAM!

Chemistry and cohesion are essential in football. Some folks try to make it rocket science

but it's essentially a simple game. Sure you need a consistent productive QB, sure you need

your share of top shelf players -- but you need TEAM first.

One of the prime reasons I am high on Flores is his continuous emphasis / focus on TEAM!

Chemistry and cohesion are essential in football. Some folks try to make it rocket science

but it's essentially a simple game. Sure you need a consistent productive QB, sure you need

your share of top shelf players -- but you need TEAM first.
I like flores but u need talent too. Looking on waver is not going cut it.. dolphins need some top players on this roster..it ain't how hard u work but how smart dolphins front office, coach and player work together as one.

And coaching
While this is true, we need to stop evaluating players or giving players a pass because we think the guy next to him sucks. Each player should be evaluated based on his performances. Is it harder to evaluate on a bad team? Yes, but it was clear as day that let's say laird had good vision and played smart, but is not physical or fast enough to get passed anyone that has a beat on him. Did not need a good OL to see that.

While this is true, we need to stop evaluating players or giving players a pass because we think the guy next to him sucks. Each player should be evaluated based on his performances. Is it harder to evaluate on a bad team? Yes, but it was clear as day that let's say laird had good vision and played smart, but is not physical or fast enough to get passed anyone that has a beat on him. Did not need a good OL to see that.

Don't disagree, but there's a difference between "giving players a pass" and crediting a top player with elite stats without considering the team as a whole. Bad players look bad, even on bad teams. They may improve if they are green enough, but that doesn't mean ignore bad play. If I were to use an example, I'd say Ballage is the most glaring example. Slow, no vision, no quickness. I doubt he'd be too successful on SF.
OTOH, and I'll stay with your RB example, a RB ranking in top 5, BUT, on average, doesn't get first contact until he's gained 3 yards, owes a lot of his success to the OL. CBs look better with a top 5 pass rush. Even the 'elite' QBs look worse with significant OL injuries.
As a reminder, I was responding to BNF . . . " What's really amazing is how RBs benefit from movement and holes up front! Makes it so much easier to gain + yardage! "

This is an area where Miami needs a major upgrade IMO. Yes, hard to evaluate behind a horrendous offensive line, but I'm not sure either Gaskins or Laird are long-term keepers.

I do like Laird as a receiver out of the backfield.

Don't disagree, but there's a difference between "giving players a pass" and crediting a top player with elite stats without considering the team as a whole. Bad players look bad, even on bad teams. They may improve if they are green enough, but that doesn't mean ignore bad play. If I were to use an example, I'd say Ballage is the most glaring example. Slow, no vision, no quickness. I doubt he'd be too successful on SF.
OTOH, and I'll stay with your RB example, a RB ranking in top 5, BUT, on average, doesn't get first contact until he's gained 3 yards, owes a lot of his success to the OL. CBs look better with a top 5 pass rush. Even the 'elite' QBs look worse with significant OL injuries.
As a reminder, I was responding to BNF . . . " What's really amazing is how RBs benefit from movement and holes up front! Makes it so much easier to gain + yardage! "

I think Ballage would do just fine on some teams. He's not as slow as some would like to imagine. His top end speed is pretty darn impressive for a guy his size. His acceleration and agility isn't great, which is bad on a team that really sucks at blocking like us. It's even worse when you combine that with a guy who appears to be somewhat fragile mentally.

Hopefully we can find out how Ballage plays on another team, I never want to watch that crap again.

Back
Top Bottom