Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

Gregg Williams probably still has a house down there. I am on that bandwagon. He got the Browns rolling and has the taste in his mouth of showing he can do it. Has experience and contacts.

Dennis Allen!? The guy we got fired in London before Joe Philbin got fired in London?

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

I want a coach with some experience to try to fix this mess, but that's, uh, that's not inspiring.
That’s him? The Raiders guy? Ugh.

Dude it took him 7 years to show improvement, that's a red flag to me.
A red flag is minimal improvement or inconsistency. Seven years learning and taking his lumps with other teams. Hitting lightening in a bottle is great but this is real life. Guy learned his lesson and we'd get him as he is coming into his own. That's the best you can hope for.

I'd like to think worst case scenario is elevating Rizzi, right?

He's not interviewing anywhere else.

He may be on the next HC staff if he doesn't get the top job.

It’s clear if we’re interested in Allen it’s only to tank the season for a high draft pick in 2020. Then Ross will fire Allen and bring in another coach. Terribly unethical to purposely destroy a man’s career and use him.

Wow I can only imagine what this fan base would do if this guy was hired as the next HC

36-44 is signficantly better than 8-28, dude. It's true that you can find examples of good coaches who had disastrous first years, but how many good coaches had disastrous first, second, and third years? I'd be interested to see that.

You never stop do you? Once someone challenges you with some facts you get all pi$$y. Despite what you think about yourself you’re not all knowing, and some of your assinine comments over the years is evidence. Let it go “dude.”

Just pointing out that both Belichik and Carroll had bad starts and have turned into HOF coaches. Every candidate is a crap shoot, especially those with no head coaching experience. At least this guy has had some success with a great D and has been beside one of the best offensive coaches in the league.

It’s clear if we’re interested in Allen it’s only to tank the season for a high draft pick in 2020. Then Ross will fire Allen and bring in another coach. Terribly unethical to purposely destroy a man’s career and use him.

This is so ridiculous and wrong. We will hire a new coach and then gut the roster which will make us tank.

Well, you guys did say you wanted someone with experience...

Anyway, I'm not as concerned with his lack of success coaching the Raiduhs as most here. Back then, coaching Oakland entailed holding a clipboard and looking busy while Al Davis ran things. Also, he was very young (he's still very young) and he's done a heck of a job for the Saints.

I'm actually as fine with Dennis Allen as with any other candidate.

Well, you guys did say you wanted someone with experience...

Anyway, I'm not as concerned with his lack of success coaching the Raiduhs as most here. Back then, coaching Oakland entailed holding a clipboard and looking busy while Al Davis ran things. Also, he was very young (he's still very young) and he's done a heck of a job for the Saints.

I'm actually as fine with Dennis Allen as with any other candidate.

I think he was the first hire after Al died. By that time, coaching Oakland was more like wondering why you had no players, and no cap space left.

Back
Top Bottom