Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mystery Interviewee - Saints Dc Dennis Allen

So the new report out says Jeff Ireland recommended Dennis Allen to Stephen Ross. Remember, Ross was the one who fired Ireland when he was with us. That's just too funny.

Nothing surprises me anymore. NOTHING.

And yes, that is hysterical.

You never stop do you? Once someone challenges you with some facts you get all pi$$y. Despite what you think about yourself you’re not all knowing, and some of your assinine comments over the years is evidence. Let it go “dude.”

Just pointing out that both Belichik and Carroll had bad starts and have turned into HOF coaches. Every candidate is a crap shoot, especially those with no head coaching experience. At least this guy has had some success with a great D and has been beside one of the best offensive coaches in the league.

For every Belichik and Carroll who did well the 2nd time around there are scores of Hue Jacksons, Chip Kellys, Rex Ryans and Rich Kotites. I'd think the former are the anomalies rather than the "rules."

It's quite possible that what originally made Dennis Allen a desireable candidate, his defensive acumen and success reinforced by his present success with NO presents a convincing argument that the DC level is where he's Peter Principled Out; that coordinating defenses is what he does best.

As far as forgiving a horrendous head coaching record, I would ask why other teams' garbage seems to be so alluring to our owner (who went dumpster diving in sports agency for Tannenbum) and some of the Fins' fans. An argument can be made that before considering Allen, maybe we should have retained Gase and Tannehill for that matter since relatively speaking, both had appreciably better records than him. I'd say based on what we've seen the first year, with some more seasoning, Gase still stands a better chance of turning into a Belichik clone than Allen ever will.

The fan base is alienated right now; Ross heard the cacophony of "boos." Hopefully he will hire someone who can at least initially evoke some optimistic enthusiasm. Ross more than most anyone based on his experiences with TBum should understand the old adage: "He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it!"

He was awful in Oakland. Granted, that team didn't have much talent but 8-28 is bad either way you slice it.

I wouldn’t mind Dennis Allen, he’s turned that saints defense into something respectable than it once was. He’s probably a long shot and just a due diligence interview.

You never stop do you? Once someone challenges you with some facts you get all pi$$y. Despite what you think about yourself you’re not all knowing

Not true. He knows every conventional wisdom tactic and conclusion known to football fandom. It is like a crank up version of those themes. At least I never have to guess

I asked an honest question. How many head coaches have been .222 bad for their first three seasons and then gone on to great success? I can't think of one.

Don't stub your toe on a bar stool racing in here to launch a full throated defense of Dennis Allen.

You never stop do you? Once someone challenges you with some facts you get all pi$$y. Despite what you think about yourself you’re not all knowing, and some of your assinine comments over the years is evidence. Let it go “dude.”

Just pointing out that both Belichik and Carroll had bad starts and have turned into HOF coaches. Every candidate is a crap shoot, especially those with no head coaching experience. At least this guy has had some success with a great D and has been beside one of the best offensive coaches in the league.

Really, who got pissy here?

I said that the guy won about 22% of his games in two-plus seasons, which is unusually bad. You jumped in to point out a guy who won about 45% of his games and then did better in his second job. When I replied that winning 45% is a bit different from 22%, and then asked if you could think of any coaches who were as bad as Dennis Allen who went on to success elsewhere, you replied with this crap.

I have no beef with you, man. I asked an honest question and you jumped on me for it. If you thought I was looking to give you the business, you thought wrong. I actually honestly want to know if anyone who had a winning percentage in that same range as Dennis Allen ever got another head coaching gig in the NFL. Because I really can't think of any.

Last edited:
Not true. He knows every conventional wisdom tactic and conclusion known to football fandom. It is like a crank up version of those themes. At least I never have to guess

This is rich, coming from you.

Back
Top Bottom