Nails at LT ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails at LT ?

Yeah he's been a RT before, but never a LT.

then again, if Spriggs sucks ag NO, then we have 2 LTs that suck, so why not play our best 5 OLmen out there even if it means Nails starting over for PS. I would still rather have a brute like Nails on the interior of the line since that would help Ricky more, but if Perry, Searcy and/or Dixon prove good enough, and Spriggs and Smith do not...

The #1 duty of a LT is to protect his quarterback's blindside. If Nails' weakest aspect of his game is pass protection consistency, he should not be at left tackle. PERIOD. Jay is not a 6'5" 250 lbs monster like Daunte Culpepper. Protecting his blindside is of the utmost importance.

I would MUCH rather keep our best 5 OLmen on the field by putting Mark Dixon over at LT and Nails in at LG. At least that way, Nails pass protection weakness will be somewhat covered up by Tim Ruddy, and Dixon's pass protection strength will be put to good use.

Wow that's interesting since we didn't even consider him at LT, but we've been putting Dixon there..I agree D39, I prefer Nails on the interior and Dixon on the LT if we're going to start Nails somewhere.

Jaime Nails played LT in college (Florida A&M).

Wow Muck I did not know that. Thats interesting. But still his weakest suit is his pass protection. Wise still says the guy will have those plays where a single move will beat him and have a raving lunatic rushing like mad toward the QB. I don't like that, it seems like he'd have a LONG way to go before he was good and fast enough to play LT...all by himself.

Yup, 3 year starter. But he's an NFL guard.

His pass blocking ability is probably why he was moved to guard..

Here's a funny bit from one of the pieces in the article...

The picture was meant in fun but Patriots coach Bill Belichick apparently didn't see the levity in it. Word is that the players were fined, allegedly for providing the Dolphins incentive for their first matchup with the Pats this year, on Oct. 6 at Miami.

This is in referrence to the pictures that these guys sent to the Dolphins when they were wearing their SB rings on their middle fingers. Apparently Billick thinks the 'Fins are going to have some sort of extra motivation to want to crush the Patsies...hmmmm, I wonder why.
:bling:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The #1 duty of a LT is to protect his quarterback's blindside. If Nails' weakest aspect of his game is pass protection consistency, he should not be at left tackle. PERIOD. Jay is not a 6'5" 250 lbs monster like Daunte Culpepper. Protecting his blindside is of the utmost importance.

I would MUCH rather keep our best 5 OLmen on the field by putting Mark Dixon over at LT and Nails in at LG. At least that way, Nails pass protection weakness will be somewhat covered up by Tim Ruddy, and Dixon's pass protection strength will be put to good use.

hey Parrothead, have you been watching Nails? his guy doesnt budge. his guy never gets by. nails onconsistant? i dont think so. but LT is not for him. he needs to be in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom