Nails to test free agency? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nails to test free agency?

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Haven't seen this anywhere else, but...

Dolphins meet with agents: General Manager Rick Spielman spent 15 minutes with agent Drew Rosenhaus on Wednesday, discussing clients Adewale Ogunleye (who the Dolphins want to re-sign), Zach Thomas (whose contract the Dolphins plan to restructure by guaranteeing salary), Jamie Nails (who plans to explore the free-agent market) and kicker Olindo Mare (who the Dolphins figure to restructure).

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ons/thursday/sports_04f0c26ca54c42a100fa.html

That's fine their are much better Guards on the market and he'll either see that and sign cheap, or he'll be overpaid by someone and we'll replace with someone else just as good as he was last year and hopefully better for less money.

Well, Nails didn't come close to playing as good last year as he did the year before. If he can get back in shape then I'd like for him to be back but he shouldn't get big money. Mare's been missing a lot the last couple of years tho his kick offs have been good.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know that Nails will ever fully recover from the Achilles injury. Dan was never the same with his legs after that injury. Up until that point, there was no sign of Dan's decline. There seemed to be a steady decline from that point on with Dan's ability to move around within the pocket.

Considering that leg strength is the most important factor for an offensive lineman, or any football player for that matter, I'd have to say I'd pass on bringing Nails back. An Achilles tear is one tough injury to overcome.

Nails will get paid better elsewhere if he can find someone who wants him to start based on 2002, but I suspect, he will be back here looking for work with a tiny signing bonus and vet. min. contract

He better stay, who wouldnt want to stay and block for the best runningback in the nfl!! :thewave:

I think we can get him back for limited $$ and that is a good thing. The achilles injury typically takes two years to get back fully. He has showed that he can focus, and he kept his weight down. Noone will wnat to take a chance with him and pay him the bucks he is looking for. I am glad he will be pulling for ricky next year.

Back
Top Bottom