Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

I thought that was implied. Of course, specially if you go by how they did in college.
I watched Bama more often than not when they came on primetime and never saw Najee Harris break a "home run" type run unless everything was juuuuust right...

You sure you're not looking as his footspeed through rose-colored glasses?

That punt/kick return stuff is worthless with a rb shouldn’t impact a grade at all. That goes for any position unless the guys strictly a returner in which case downgrade

if Etienne runs tbru contact at the kamara rate in the pros I will eat my shorts. Probably my one biggest issue with that comp. don’t get it twisted kamara is a bull for his size

although kamara didn’t run thru contact in college at his pro clip either
But that’s the thing bro TE does run through contact. Like I said I’ve watched every game of his 4 year career and he will lower his head and punish defenders. He will not shy away from contact. He’s much more powerful than everyone thinks. Of course you don’t see those 6 yards runs where he takes on a defender on a highlight tape bc highlight tales are just big plays. All his big plays are where he gets in the open and hits the home run so it makes it appear as though he’s all speed and nothing else and that’s just not true. But that is a big difference between TE and NJ is that if TE gets a crease he fittin to house it. NJ is a body blows tailback while TE is a haymaker thrower. Give me the big play guy.

You can say kick return or punt return don’t matter until you need a big play or a spark. That’s exactly how Dabo used him. TE was never the primary returner but when we needed a spark or a big play or great field position we would put TE back as a returner. My point is he has experience doing it and he may very well be called on in the pros to do just that.

But that’s the thing bro TE does run through contact. Like I said I’ve watched every game of his 4 year career and he will lower his head and punish defenders. He will not shy away from contact. He’s much more powerful than everyone thinks. Of course you don’t see those 6 yards runs where he takes on a defender on a highlight tape bc highlight tales are just big plays. All his big plays are where he gets in the open and hits the home run so it makes it appear as though he’s all speed and nothing else and that’s just not true. But that is a big difference between TE and NJ is that if TE gets a crease he fittin to house it. NJ is a body blows tailback while TE is a haymaker thrower. Give me the big play guy.

You can say kick return or punt return don’t matter until you need a big play or a spark. That’s exactly how Dabo used him. TE was never the primary returner but when we needed a spark or a big play or great field position we would put TE back as a returner. My point is he has experience doing it and he may very well be called on in the pros to do just that.

well I watched him in the National semi game and there won’t much run thru contact there. First man hit him he’s down. But I don’t undervalue him either. If you want kamara you’d probably be smart to see what kind of lower half strength etienne has cause kamaras lower half workouts/strength and balance/agility work is legendary

you can mention the return stuff yeah whatever that’s fine but it’s kinda like adding draft value to a igbo as a kick returner last year as a draft prospect when all of his grade should come from his db work (his meal ticket)

Oh and I don’t just watch highlights boss so don’t paint me with that brush

ETN is bigger than I thought. 210

Thats right on the borderline of being a power back.

I watched Bama more often than not when they came on primetime and never saw Najee Harris break a "home run" type run unless everything was juuuuust right...

You sure you're not looking as his footspeed through rose-colored glasses?

Najee is not all footspeed. Are you implying he is not the best running back in the draft? Who would you prefer we draft in his stead? Who in this draft do you think has "homerun" capability?

Oh and I don’t just watch highlights boss so don’t paint me with that brush
Ok first off yes he wasn’t great in that semifinal game but that’s one game. We also got behind midway through the 2nd quarter like a couple possessions behind and had to start throwing basically every down. But again that’s one game and like I said our OL was not very good this year. They were the weakest unit of our team and it showed against Ohio St so yes his rushing numbers were down but his receiving went way up. We found all kinds of way to get him the ball and as usual he delivered many times. Go watch the Notre Dame ACC championship game and particularly the 2nd quarter and watch him bust through the line and shake off a defender on his long TD run right before the half. That’s just one example off the top of my head.

You can say what you want about KR and PR not adding value but I totally disagree. Theys 3 parts to a football team and it takes all 3 playing well to win at the highest level. Offense defense AND special teams so we’ll just have to agree to disagree their.

As far as the highlight comment I should have clarified as that was not directed towards you specifically but I can see how you would feel that way. So I apologize and I should have been more clear. I just meant like people in general and not specifically you.

ETN is bigger than I thought. 210

Thats right on the borderline of being a power back.
That’s what I been trying to say. He’s not some small scatback that’s just pure speed like people think. His legs are huge and he’s got some power I promise you.

Ok first off yes he wasn’t great in that semifinal game but that’s one game. We also got behind midway through the 2nd quarter like a couple possessions behind and had to start throwing basically every down. But again that’s one game and like I said our OL was not very good this year. They were the weakest unit of our team and it showed against Ohio St so yes his rushing numbers were down but his receiving went way up. We found all kinds of way to get him the ball and as usual he delivered many times. Go watch the Notre Dame ACC championship game and particularly the 2nd quarter and watch him bust through the line and shake off a defender on his long TD run right before the half. That’s just one example off the top of my head.

You can say what you want about KR and PR not adding value but I totally disagree. Theys 3 parts to a football team and it takes all 3 playing well to win at the highest level. Offense defense AND special teams so we’ll just have to agree to disagree their.

As far as the highlight comment I should have clarified as that was not directed towards you specifically but I can see how you would feel that way. So I apologize and I should have been more clear. I just meant like people in general and not specifically you.

I like etns body lean he runs with. And now I see the word “we” so you got a skin in this game.

as for the adding value to guys when returns isn’t their primary job you are drafting them that high for in the first place yep we will agree to disagree. I’m fully aware there’s 3 levels to a team and specials has value im just not drafting guys in the top 50 with that in mind or driving any of the grade. Probably not drafting anything in day 2 adding for that. Slot wr who also returns kicks yeah that’s great but the wr is what carries it. Rb. Db etc.

frankly I think that’s foolish considering how dime a dozen returners are these days and most kickoffs don’t even get returned anymore.

I prefer Williams he is only 20 yrs old to Harris 23.Way less wear and tear due to him
splitting time with M.Carter.

I like Williams too. I’ll be ecstatic if he ends up in MIA.

But this narrative about Harris having a lot of wear and tear needs to stop. Go research both his HS and college career. He had less touches than Derrick Henry who only played 3 seasons in college.

The smart thing is to take the best, most well rounded player. Whomever they deem that to be. By the end of their rookie contracts, neither player will be old. And MIA can decide then whether it makes sense to extend. And hopefully MIA has challenged for a SB by then. Which is why they need to take the best player in the first place.

If somethings gonna stop it should be the narrative that Najee harris has long speed

I sure haven’t seen it. Probably won’t run now cause why would ya when you can just say Covid and be excused from it I’m sure but if he’s sub 4.6 I’m shocked

and that body is maximized in terms of meat on the bone. He’s in premium condition physically

Back
Top Bottom