Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris will be at the senior bowl!

Najee is not all footspeed. Are you implying he is not the best running back in the draft? Who would you prefer we draft in his stead? Who in this draft do you think has "homerun" capability?
He serves a purpose as a powerback...

Etienne is a homerun hitter. He had an off year. Doesn't discount what he did and can do. He's the better back for Tua. Can play practically all the skill positions if need be.

I like etns body lean he runs with. And now I see the word “we” so you got a skin in this game.

as for the adding value to guys when returns isn’t their primary job you are drafting them that high for in the first place yep we will agree to disagree. I’m fully aware there’s 3 levels to a team and specials has value im just not drafting guys in the top 50 with that in mind or driving any of the grade. Probably not drafting anything in day 2 adding for that. Slot wr who also returns kicks yeah that’s great but the wr is what carries it. Rb. Db etc.

frankly I think that’s foolish considering how dime a dozen returners are these days and most kickoffs don’t even get returned anymore.
Well I’m not going to hide that I’m a Clemson fan bc I am but this is a Miami Dolphins forum. I want the best player for the Miami Dolphins. Sure it’s great when we get some former Tigers which we have in Christian Wilkins and Shaq Lawson but I want the best player for Miami. I’m able to take the bias out when I don’t think a player is a good fit for Miami. For example Derion Kendrick was projected in the late 1st early 2nd round in this upcoming draft before he decided to go go back to Clemson for one more year. But I’d be the first to tell you that that’s way overrating him. I wouldn’t draft him before the 3rd round. I’m just using him as an example. But the point is I want to see Miami win a Super Bowl in my lifetime and we’re not going to do that if we’re not truly getting the best player instead of me being homerish and saying oh draft the Clemson guys. No bias at all but ETN is better than NH in my opinion and he’ll be better than NH in the pros in my opinion and I’ve stated why I think so.

Najee isn’t fast, but I still got him RB1.

He serves a purpose as a powerback...

Etienne is a homerun hitter. He had an off year. Doesn't discount what he did and can do. He's the better back for Tua. Can play practically all the skill positions if need be.

The better back for Tua? Etienne is good and he does have homerun ability but I think the better back for Tua is the guy who he has experience throwing tons of TD's to.

Either way I think Najee is the better back. He is a power back with speed, elusiveness, and great hands. Comparable to Adrian Peterson or Derrick Henry. 2 All-Time talents.

Travis Etienne would be a nice consolation price in the 2nd round if we were to miss out on Najee.

Well I’m not going to hide that I’m a Clemson fan bc I am but this is a Miami Dolphins forum. I want the best player for the Miami Dolphins. Sure it’s great when we get some former Tigers which we have in Christian Wilkins and Shaq Lawson but I want the best player for Miami. I’m able to take the bias out when I don’t think a player is a good fit for Miami. For example Derion Kendrick was projected in the late 1st early 2nd round in this upcoming draft before he decided to go go back to Clemson for one more year. But I’d be the first to tell you that that’s way overrating him. I wouldn’t draft him before the 3rd round. I’m just using him as an example. But the point is I want to see Miami win a Super Bowl in my lifetime and we’re not going to do that if we’re not truly getting the best player instead of me being homerish and saying oh draft the Clemson guys. No bias at all but ETN is better than NH in my opinion and he’ll be better than NH in the pros in my opinion and I’ve stated why I think so.

I think that just tells me that you’ve seen a lot of him to form your take and I respect that.

curious as to what your immediate reaction was when Miami took Wilkins top 15 and 2 years later if it’s changed at all?

Also where do you have justyn Ross value coming off the neck surgery?

or is he a medical no go

Najee is not as fast as Henry or Peterson. Said it before Najee is Chuck Foreman.

Harris is arguably more speedy and athletic than Henry. Henry ran a 4.54 40 time, Harris ran 4.45, and Peterson ran a 4.4.

I am not saying he is those guys. He is comparable to them. Power speed backs. I dont know who Chuck Foreman is.

What I really want to know is who is the best pass blocking RB out of the top RBs, cause that is what gives Flores a hardon.

I think that just tells me that you’ve seen a lot of him to form your take and I respect that.

curious as to what your immediate reaction was when Miami took Wilkins top 15 and 2 years later if it’s changed at all?
I was happy bc CW is a really good player. But his value comes in the locker room and building the culture. Theirs a reason Flo and Grier went with him for the first pick of their regime. A true locker room guy that will help establish great culture and love for one another. The ultimate team player is who CW is and he truly enjoys the game. He’s never going to be a superstar but he’ll be a solid player in the league for a long time. He is not as talented as Dexter Lawrence although not many are as Dex is just a man among boys. To be completely honest Clelin Ferrell was the most talented DL between the 4 when we had him CW Dex and Austin Bryant. Ferrells been banged up here and there but I’m really shocked that he hasn’t performed better. Now I’m not going to put it all on him as LV as a whole is just trash on D but I do wonder if they’re putting him in the right position to succeed bc he’s got a good balance between pass rusher/edge setter. He’s not an elite pass rusher and never will be but he can do it. But he was really good at setting the edge at Clemson. I really don’t pay much attention to LV so maybe his numbers don’t tell the whole story but it did take him until his 3rd year at Clemson before he really popped and he’ll be coming up on his 3rd year next year. But as far as CW great guy met him quite a few times and he’s a lot of fun to be around and hangout with. Ultimate team player and just loves football. He’ll be a very solid player for a long time.

Also where do you have justyn Ross value coming off the neck surgery?

or is he a medical no go
We’re kind of in wait and see mode on him. We’re hoping he’ll be able to go come next season bc we start with Georgia in Charlotte in the 1st game. But Dabo has been extremely careful to not commit to anything involving Justyn. If he’s able to play hopefully he’ll regain his form bc as a freshman and sophomore he looked like a future first round guy. Mike Williams had a very very similar injury to his neck and missed an entire year at Clemson but came back even better than he was before the injury and ended up going 7th overall I believe. That’s Justyns ceiling if he completely regains form but like I said we’re just kind of waiting to see and Dabo won’t commit to anything publicly any time soon. But the hope inside the building is that Justyn will be ready to go come that 1st game against Georgia. “Cautiously optimistic” is what I’ve been told by 2 different people.

I was happy bc CW is a really good player. But his value comes in the locker room and building the culture. Theirs a reason Flo and Grier went with him for the first pick of their regime. A true locker room guy that will help establish great culture and love for one another. The ultimate team player is who CW is and he truly enjoys the game. He’s never going to be a superstar but he’ll be a solid player in the league for a long time. He is not as talented as Dexter Lawrence although not many are as Dex is just a man among boys. To be completely honest Clelin Ferrell was the most talented DL between the 4 when we had him CW Dex and Austin Bryant. Ferrells been banged up here and there but I’m really shocked that he hasn’t performed better. Now I’m not going to put it all on him as LV as a whole is just trash on D but I do wonder if they’re putting him in the right position to succeed bc he’s got a good balance between pass rusher/edge setter. He’s not an elite pass rusher and never will be but he can do it. But he was really good at setting the edge at Clemson. I really don’t pay much attention to LV so maybe his numbers don’t tell the whole story but it did take him until his 3rd year at Clemson before he really popped and he’ll be coming up on his 3rd year next year. But as far as CW great guy met him quite a few times and he’s a lot of fun to be around and hangout with. Ultimate team player and just loves football. He’ll be a very solid player for a long time.

mine was meh and it still is

mine was meh and it still is
Yeah I get it definitely not the sexy pick but like I said he’s a tone setter in the locker as far as culture and accountability and I guarantee the guys love him. He’s a really great guy. His senior year at Clemson he was already finished with classes so he volunteered to be a substitute teacher. Well he got a call and actually filled in a couple days as a substitute for a kindergarten class lol. The kids absolutely loved him and were amazed at how big he was haha.

I prefer Etienne to Harris. We know Etienne has juice - 4.43 and a 37" vert at 199 coming out of HS. Going into his Junior year, the concern was his receiving ability, and he's been the best receiving RB in CFB over the last two years.

Ok first off yes he wasn’t great in that semifinal game but that’s one game. We also got behind midway through the 2nd quarter like a couple possessions behind and had to start throwing basically every down. But again that’s one game and like I said our OL was not very good this year. They were the weakest unit of our team and it showed against Ohio St so yes his rushing numbers were down but his receiving went way up. We found all kinds of way to get him the ball and as usual he delivered many times. Go watch the Notre Dame ACC championship game and particularly the 2nd quarter and watch him bust through the line and shake off a defender on his long TD run right before the half. That’s just one example off the top of my head.

You can say what you want about KR and PR not adding value but I totally disagree. Theys 3 parts to a football team and it takes all 3 playing well to win at the highest level. Offense defense AND special teams so we’ll just have to agree to disagree their.

As far as the highlight comment I should have clarified as that was not directed towards you specifically but I can see how you would feel that way. So I apologize and I should have been more clear. I just meant like people in general and not specifically you.

He's turned into an unbelievable receiver so it's very tempting. I wish he was a bit more patient between the tackles sometimes and NH is better in pass pro. But he could have a transformative effect on our run game AND our pass game.

ButI hope the FO use their heads and don't fall in love with NH or ETN. There's 7 or 8 RBs in this draft class who can do a job if we get our Oline right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom