Najee Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

I have no problem using a higher pick on a RB, when the time calls for it.

Id rather go through a season or two with Tua and then draft a guy who might only be around for 4 years.

It’s the same old unavoidable problem with RBs, it’s just a matter of time before you regret the extension.

OL, DL, S and LB’s matter more in 2021.

I am not drafting RB's high and I am not paying them big money.

There is not a single RB in college football right now i would want to use a 1st rounder on, and there is not a single RB in the NFL right now that I would want to be paying market value for.

I think there is very flawed ideaology on here. You have to hit on your first round picks period. It does not matter if you think a DE is more valuable. To worry about a second contract means the player was successful to get to that point. We suck at success rate in the first round. How did Swift look today? How has Taylor looked? What about our CB? What about Misi? Odrick? Harris?

No one is saying use a top 10 pick but if you have multiple 1st rounders then take BPA. Who wants the 3rd or 4th option at a position if you can have the BEST of something at another?

This year I want a RB with that 1st 2nd round pick. Pick of the litter. I also would love a WR with one of our 1st rounders. Time to tend to an offense that could use some dynamic play makers. Hey a Parsons or Rousseau with the other 1st? Great but use some FA $ for other holes.

To me Najee can do anything Charles Clay could do in his prime but can play RB. If used properly Najee could be like Keith Byars in his prime. That is why I’m a fan.

I had to go back a few years to really find a great comparison for Najee Harris that jolts me.

I remember watching another kid coming out of high school in California nearly 3 decades ago by the name of Rashaan Salaam - he would go on to commit to Colorado and win a Heisman Trophy. Salaam was a big back like Najee and wasn't blazing fast, but like Najee Harris, he was fast enough.

The old Big-Eight days were some great football back then.

RIP Rashaan. I can see some of him in Najee Harris.

I'd be all over Etienne or Harris in the second round, but I'm not taking a RB in the first unless he's generational.
I get that logic if it was a top 10 pick. What if it’s late 1st round? Generational? I don’t know but Harris, Misi, Odeick and I don’t think Iggy ends up being “generational”, Hell average would have been nice.

I would hands down have taken Swift or Taylor with our last 1st rounder this past draft. Now with our first pick (Houston) I want a Parsons/Chase but if the second first is later or even our first second give me Harris or Etienne and I am happy as Hell.

Seeing what Henry does for Tenn makes me want a real back! Not just some plug and play guy. A play MAKER

I’d take Devonta Smith before Najee if I had the chance, preferably with Houston’s 2nd. Not looking to draft him 12-18ish.

Id be ok with Harris in the 2nd as well. Talent is talent and if I can get either of them in the second, they have my blessing.

I’m looking at DE, LB, C and S as the first round candidates right now. Outside chance at a WR if one of the top guys fall, with our pick (if it’s mid first).

We are at the point now that we can just go bpa.

Team is averaging 26 PPG with average up/ down QB play.
Add RD1 WR and a legit RB1 (Rd2), maybe a young C...
Young/ strong OL, Tua, Parker, Gesicki.. healthy Preston... RB2 Gaskin ..
it’s a Top 5 Unit

I had to go back a few years to really find a great comparison for Najee Harris that jolts me.

I remember watching another kid coming out of high school in California nearly 3 decades ago by the name of Rashaan Salaam - he would go on to commit to Colorado and win a Heisman Trophy. Salaam was a big back like Najee and wasn't blazing fast, but like Najee Harris, he was fast enough.

For some reason Harris reminds me of a bigger Edgerrin James. Maybe not early James, but James after he lost a step but was still very effective. I could see Harris just grinding out yards and being a great asset receiving out of the backfield.

didn't we sign RS in the days of Wanny? I remember another Running back came out that same season, Mr. Glass Ki-jana Carter.

Back
Top Bottom