Najee Harris | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

I like him...if he's there in the second round, at least!
If you need a running back and you like him, you draft him, especially if you like him better than any other players on your board that are available at the time of your pick, it’s that simple. If there is another player that you like more than him at that pick then maybe you draft that other player. It matters not the round...

If you need a running back and you like him, you draft him, especially if you like him better than any other players on your board that are available at the time of your pick, it’s that simple. If there is another player that you like more than him at that pick then maybe you draft that other player. It matters not the round...
It does to me..and most. Value is better for a RB in round 2. If he's not there in round 2, then take someone else..like Etienne or Williams or Carter in the third. We'll be okay either way..RB's have a short shelf-life and can be had later in the draft.

Draft Value.

I wouldn't take any RB in the first round, tbh. None this year. Any year, mostly.

There are many examples of opinions/articles that can explain better than I can...

..I have seen many RB's going 2nd or 3rd round or much later or even un-drafted do just fine or better in the NFL than first rounders as a RB.

..the short shelf-life of a RB is another concern...they usually aren't as good their next four years if they make it that far as the first four or so years.

It's all about value to me...nothing more or less.

Najee Harris is a fine back. Maybe the best in this class...Still wouldn't touch him before Round #2.
Lol I knew that was coming. And your excuse for drafting a tightend #6 overall? Must be because he is from UF.

This value nonsense of not drafting a RB in the 1st round is just stupid crap.
The value in the 1st round is drafting good football players. Ignore the position. Pick players that can start and excel in the NFL period.
Those arguing against this then explain the value in drafting a project total bust nickel CB in Iggy in the 1st round. He stinks, is barely an average player. So because of so called value they passed on Taylor, Swift , Dobbins, C H-E, Akers. Do people understand they are all better football players than Iggy will ever be.
Najee Harris is one of the 10 best football players in this draft. Thats a fact.

This value nonsense of not drafting a RB in the 1st round is just stupid crap.
The value in the 1st round is drafting good football players. Ignore the position. Pick players that can start and excel in the NFL period.
Those arguing against this then explain the value in drafting a project total bust nickel CB in Iggy in the 1st round. He stinks, is barely an average player. So because of so called value they passed on Taylor, Swift , Dobbins, C H-E, Akers. Do people understand they are all better football players than Iggy will ever be.
Najee Harris is one of the 10 best football players in this draft. Thats a fact.
Did I say we should have drafted Iggy? No one really agreed with that, that I know, tbh.

I've been on the Harris bandwagon all year but we'll see how the FO see things. I'd be happy with Etienne or Williams if they were the pick.

Najee is a special RB. One that you dont pass up , especially when you dont have a true RB1. No need to overthink this, if he is there you take him. I believe he is going in the 14-16 range so , im moving up for him without hesitating. Plug and play pro bowler

He's not a typical TE. He's a hybrid TE/WR.

I knew your tiring "Pitts is just a TE" shtick was coming.

Anymore information on Pitts you can get wrong?

What does that have to do with anything? He can't produce like a Wr, so I think that title of WR is a reach. He is more like a non blocking freakishly athletic tightend.

But I think you made the point by what you said about Najee.

Najee will be gone in the top 20 imo. Etienne and Williams between 20-32. So if we adopt the mind set of what some are saying we'll simply miss out on the top RBs again. We better not screw this up!! Do we really want the Jets, Patriots or Bills to get Najee Harris? And we'll counter with Mel Kiper's 14th best RB. While we're not reaching and over drafting Harris some team will gladly "reach" for him, Etienne and Williams. Guys, believe me when I tell you, a great running game elevates our offense quicker than anything we could do. It also gives us an identity of toughness and physicality and we have the o-line to do it, especially if we add a piece or 2 in the draft. This should be who we are on offense, not some Adam Gase fantasy of throwing on every down until you give up interceptions or your QB gets injured ala Joe Burrow.

I just don't believe these made up terms like reaching and over drafting and getting value carry any weight with anyone other than fans and guys like Kiper and DJ etc. Where you draft a guy doesn't mean a thing in this world unless there is a better player on the board you should have picked. If we pick Etienne or Najee at #18 and they put up 1000 yards rushing, another 400 receiving and 12 TDs who would say, well the player was first string All Pro but the Dolphins could have had Najee at #23 so it was a reach. Najee delivered a Super Bowl to the Dolphins, too bad he was over drafted!! See how silly that sounds? If you love the player and have a conviction, then draft him and never look back.

Back
Top Bottom