Najee Harris | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Najee Harris

Harris wouldn't be worth a first rounder.

confused monty python GIF

Many RBs usually plays enough to validate their 1st round selection, which I have no problem with.
But may of them also wear and teared after their rookie contract, which concerns me.

Many RBs usually plays enough to validate their 1st round selection, which I have no problem with.
But may of them also wear and teared after their rookie contract, which concerns me.
True. You can find value and just as good talent in the 2nd round or beyond...often!

Depends how the board turns out..that could determine also if we stay @ #18 or trade back (down). If we get any calls and good enough offers, that is!

I absolutely agree with you. But, imo, and particuliarly how the game is played now there are few 1st round worthy backs.

It seems most teams feature back aren't first rounders. Hell! Most aren't even 2nd rounders.

Seems like you can get a much better value @18 for another position.

I'm almost willing to bet that #18 is going towards a defensive player and one that plays on the line or has a pass rushing skill set.

Najee will be gone in the top 20 imo. Etienne and Williams between 20-32. So if we adopt the mind set of what some are saying we'll simply miss out on the top RBs again. We better not screw this up!! Do we really want the Jets, Patriots or Bills to get Najee Harris? And we'll counter with Mel Kiper's 14th best RB. While we're not reaching and over drafting Harris some team will gladly "reach" for him, Etienne and Williams. Guys, believe me when I tell you, a great running game elevates our offense quicker than anything we could do. It also gives us an identity of toughness and physicality and we have the o-line to do it, especially if we add a piece or 2 in the draft. This should be who we are on offense, not some Adam Gase fantasy of throwing on every down until you give up interceptions or your QB gets injured ala Joe Burrow.

I just don't believe these made up terms like reaching and over drafting and getting value carry any weight with anyone other than fans and guys like Kiper and DJ etc. Where you draft a guy doesn't mean a thing in this world unless there is a better player on the board you should have picked. If we pick Etienne or Najee at #18 and they put up 1000 yards rushing, another 400 receiving and 12 TDs who would say, well the player was first string All Pro but the Dolphins could have had Najee at #23 so it was a reach. Najee delivered a Super Bowl to the Dolphins, too bad he was over drafted!! See how silly that sounds? If you love the player and have a conviction, then draft him and never look back.
Well said

Back
Top Bottom