Name the theme for the year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name the theme for the year

I think you missed the most important point of your own argument. They had a good team already to plug him into. Without that Maholmes would not be nearly as effective. You know how I know that? Because he got injured and they kept winning with Matt Moore as the QB.

In reality, what makes KC special is Tyreek Hill, not Patrick Maholmes. Take Tyreek Hill off of that team and they are not the powerhouse offense they are now, as evidenced by their losses when Hill was out, and more evidence when they kept winning when Maholmes was out.

Even Patrick Maholmes on this team would not do much more than is being done. If he did play for us this year, he may have already been injured by now.

When Rosen was starting and sucking many claimed no one could play better under these conditions. Yet Fitzpatrick a journeyman QB far removed from his best years was able to do so, but yeah I'm sure an elite talent like Mahomes couldn't fair better than old man Fitz.

There is no theme, because the FO and Coaching staff aren't on the same page.
I have no idea how you can come to the conclusion that the FO and the coaching staff aren’t on the same page. It was the FO that hired Flores and this coaching staff with the belief they would solve the long term issues we have experienced wIth terrible coaching over the last decade and a half.
The fact Flores and this coaching staff have had any success with the players on this roster is a major positive. It shows that Flores just might finally be the right man to turn this team into a winner.

I would love to see the Dolphins draft Burrow or Tua but if either of them were to come to a team with a lousy coaching staff, they would both fail. If losing out on the opportunity to draft one of these two QB’s
because Flores and the coaching are doing a good job, so be it.

I really can’t imagine that the FO is regretting hiring Flores because he wasn’t happy for his team to go winless this year. In fact the head of the team , Ross was shown with a big smile on his face after each of the wins the last two weeks.

It was the tank for Tua crowd who seemed to have an agenda that the Dolphins lose enough to get the first pick. I never read anywhere that the goal of the FO or the coaching staff was to get that first pick.

Well we were originally supposed to tank for Tua. Now that we're 5th or 4th or 6th and looking like we're ready to win a few more, we need a new slogan to reflect our purpose this year.

Here are some I was kicking around

Limping for Love
Eazy Peezy for Eason
Fermenting For Fromme
A Few Win for Justin
Chapter I: The Beginning Of A Dynasty

I think Flores wants to draft Young and build the defense and the OL. It would not surprise me in the least if
they don’t try and sign a veteran QB in free agency and wait until 2021 to draft a QB in the first round. If they do decide to draft a QB in the first round this year, I could see it being Jalen Hurts with their 3rd first round pick if he is still on the board.

At one point though people really wanyed herbert. Same Tua. Now because of 1 game people want burrow now. I honestly dunno who I want. At this point id take Jalen Hurts

At one point though people really wanyed herbert. Same Tua. Now because of 1 game people want burrow now. I honestly dunno who I want. At this point id take Jalen Hurts

You know what I want....I wanna talk to Sampson!!!

Nah I don't have enough knowledge about college QBs to have an opinion on who to get. I just want our GM to have the balls to go get who HE thinks is the right guy for the team - and to pass if he's not convinced on any available talent. Like Daniel Jones for instance - I believe everyone was going apeshit at the Giants GM about picking him too early. Maybe not so much now. If you think a QB is the answer for the team and there is any risk of losing out next round, screw the consensus and grab who you feel is the right man for the job.

"First Step to the Superbowl"

The whole idea of this season was to clean house of the expensive junk so create cap space.
Bring in a new coach who would need to grow but show signs he could lead us to the promise land.
Sort the wheat from the chaff in regards to giving young players a chance to show they may be part of the future.
Pad the draft (s) with as many picks as possible, so bring in some elite or at least starters as an upgrade in all positions.

I think the boxes so far have been ticked.
How many steps? I think most would be hoping only around 4/5 to be knocking on the door, with the chance to do it multiple times over the next decade or more.

Back
Top Bottom