Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your 5 most joyous moments as a Phins fan.

1. Meeting and hanging out with Kiick and Zonk at Biscayne College. I got to spend about 15 minutes with them. They played around with my 2 friends and me.. They were so cool. Zonk was my hero and still is my favorite player ever. Even though I was only 11 years old, One of my favorite memories ever!
2. San Diego game in 72. Griese goes down heart break. Morrall comes in and plays great. Even scored a running touchdown. Heartbreak over.
3. Marino throwing the ball into spaces that no else could or ever has. Best pure passer ever.
4. Getting season tickets in 72 for $33. MacArthurs dairy had a promo for kids. It was great.
5. Celebrating the 72 season with my buddies. The super bowl was over we made signs and stood waving white hankies by 17th Ave in North Miami yelling and screaming trying to get cars to honk their horns if they loved the Dolphins. The horns never stopped. Life was great! I will always be a Dolphin fan.

Watching Zach Thomas Knock out Shawn Jefferson in his first game

Watching Ricky run for 200 yards against the Billd

Watching Dan break the TD record

Watching Dan play at old Foxboro stadium

Beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day

On a personal note. I went to the orange bowl the night the Hurricanes played VT for the last game ever at the Orange bowl. I was in Miami to see the Dolphins vs Bills game. But instead of going straight to my hotel I went to the old stadium to try to get in. By the time I got there players were getting on team buses and the game was long over. But my buddy drove us right up to the end zone where we parked, got out of the car, walked around, and took pictures on the field. We took pictures of the banners. It was a great memory. We just acted like we belonged there.
How funny; my father and I flew down to Miami and saw the final game in the Orange Bowl. As I remember it was a terrible game where the Hurricanes got their butts kicked. We went to the Dolphins game the following day against the Bills. On a side note, we also took an air boat tour through the Everglades when we were there and it was pretty epic.

Has any NFL team scored from a designed hook and ladder since? Quickly looked at the wiki and it mentioned the Giants and Tiki Barber, but it did not sound like a designed play from their description.
I remember going apeshit when they pulled it off. I haven't seen anything like it since...

Jake Scott picking off Kilmer in the endzone of SB VII. (That should've clinched the win....)
Csonka blasting into and thru Wally Hilgenberg to put Miami up 24-0 in SB VIII.
'94 opener. Marino hits Fryar on 4 & 5 to beat NE
Duhe's third INT of the day. Scored on it to beat the Jets in the '82 AFC Championship game.
Yepremians game winner to beat KC on Christmas Day '71. (First game I remember ever watching).

No particular order...

1. Super Bowls VII and VIII
2. August 7, 2005 - Attending Marino's HOF induction.
3. April 26, 1983 - Miami uses the 27th pick to draft Marino.
4. December 2, 1985 - Miami defeats the Bears 38-24.
5. Christmases and birthdays throughout the '70s, as my parents really made the effort to buy me as much Dolphins' gear as possible.

No particular order...

1. Super Bowls VII and VIII
2. August 7, 2005 - Attending Marino's HOF induction.
3. April 26, 1983 - Miami uses the 27th pick to draft Marino.
4. December 2, 1985 - Miami defeats the Bears 38-24.
5. Christmases and birthdays throughout the '70s, as my parents really made the effort to buy me as much Dolphins' gear as possible.
I was at the Marino induction, I think I remember seeing you there... lol
That's where I met and became friends with Vernon Carey's Dad. I also had a bizarre encounter with Ricky Williams at the team hotel in Cleveland but that's for another day...

1) ran into Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Olindo Mare and Ed Perry accidentally at the NFL HOF for Marino’s induction.
2) Miami Miracle after staying up all night in Thailand to watch the game, then spending the next 17 hours in flights to Tokyo and DC being to excited to sleep lol.
3) Watching Leon Lett kick the blocked FG when I was 9 years old at my grandparents house and me slowing start comprehending we get to try again.
4) Being at MetLife Stadium in 2016 after we scored three touchdowns in 7 minutes and offering all the Jets fans in my section to pay for their train ticket home to beat the traffic while drunk off my ass.
5) Watching Trace Armstrong crush Doug Flutie causing a fumble that sealed a playoff victory, unknown at the time that would be Buffalo’s last playoff appearance for 20 years.

Great offseason topic BTW man. Really enjoyed reading everyone’s responses.

Back
Top Bottom