nat moore, and the marks brothers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nat moore, and the marks brothers

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
just watching nfl network and the ten best receiving corps....

these three got # 7. but it got me thinking man, wouldn't it be nice to have a trio of WR's like this again someday??

clayton was smaller than I remember him, but what little scrapper man. he broke a lot of tackles.

nat moore, played the third wheel but some say he was the best of the three.

one of the commentators in one of the games, as duper was breaking a long run, said he runs the 40 in 4.25... was that true or just an exaggeration. thats quick man. real quick, it's accurate.

anyway, got me reminiscing, whats your favorite marks bros' memory?

Draft 1. Dez Bryant 2. Bebe Thomas 3. Shipley, Gilyard, Decker, Mike Williams, and we might be there. And if we can grab Jimmy Graham in the first four as well, now we are talking firepower.

one of the commentators in one of the games, as duper was breaking a long run, said he runs the 40 in 4.25... was that true or just an exaggeration. thats quick man. real quick, it's accurate.
That was the truth. Not only was he fast but he knew how to get open with more than relying on just speed. Clayton was the go to guy, but Duper was a capable receiver. This was before the league changed the rules on coverage and hand strapped the DBs. Which makes their accomplishments even more amazing. Oh, by the way, we did have Dan Marino throwing to them. I think he was pretty good.:up:

Moore worked harder at his craft than Clayton or Duper I think. To say he was the best of the three is wrong, though.

Draft 1. Dez Bryant 2. Bebe Thomas 3. Shipley, Gilyard, Decker, Mike Williams, and we might be there. And if we can grab Jimmy Graham in the first four as well, now we are talking firepower.
Boy would we lose a lot of games then as our defense becomes the laughing stock of the NFL.

Boy would we lose a lot of games then as our defense becomes the laughing stock of the NFL.

Why? What do the Saints have that we dont? Vilma? Sharper? Those were free agency acquisitions, not rookies. Jets? What do they have that we dont? Revis? Well we drafted Vontae and Smith last year. Jenkins? That's FA acquisition, not a rookie. Bart Scott? FA, not a rookie. Colts? NE? We killed them last year. We have Nolan. We have some good players. We need a few free agents. That's all.

We should ceertainly draft some defensive projects with 5 sixth and sevenths to develop. That should take care of it.

Miami needs more than just a few FA's. They need a lot of FA's or something more realistic, a mixture of both. Miami needs a NT, ILB, OLB, FS. Would be nice to have good depth as well. Would like to actually get 2 ILB's. maybe one to groom to replace crowder. We also may need another OLB to replace taylor if he's not coming back next year.

Miami needs more than just a few FA's. They need a lot of FA's or something more realistic, a mixture of both. Miami needs a NT, ILB, OLB, FS. Would be nice to have good depth as well. Would like to actually get 2 ILB's. maybe one to groom to replace crowder. We also may need another OLB to replace taylor if he's not coming back next year.

Why do we need OLB? We have Cameron Wake. He is an exceptional pass rusher. Taylor is an exceptional pass rusher. Is Griffen or Graham better than Wake or Taylor next year? I don't think so.

Why do we need a NT next year? We can sign Ferguson. We have Soliai. You honestly think that a rookie like Odrick or Williams, or Cam Thomas will be better than Ferguson or Soliai?

ILB, we can adress in FA. We can sign Dansby. FS may not be available in FA, but we can draft one, or see how Clemons develops. But do you honestly think that rookie FS like Chad Jones will win us games?

Why do we need OLB. We have Cameron Wake. He is an exceptional pass rusher. Taylor is an exceptional pass rusher. Is Griffen or Graham better than Wake or Taylor next year? I don't think so.

Why do we need a NT next year? We can sign Ferguson. We have Soliai. You honestly think that a rookie like Odrick or Williams, or Cam Thomas will be better than Ferguson or Soliai?

ILB, we can adress in FA. We can sign Dansby. FS may not be available in FA, but we can draft one, or see how Clemons develops. But do you honestly think that rookie FS like Chad Jones will win us games?

So far the only thing Wake has proven is he can get to the QB with a hand on the ground. He can't seem to play in space, and is in his prime right now. I'm not saying he's not a competant player in a role....He is obviously. It's just that he hardly is a staring WOLB

Wake has proven more than any rookie. Great work ethic and comittment to improvement. Exceptional strength. In less than a third of full season he has 23 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 pass deflection and one forced fumble. Pretty darn good, enough to send Porter into retirement.

Wake has proven more than any rookie. Great work ethic and comittment to improvement. Exceptional strength. In less than a third of full season he has 23 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 pass deflection and one forced fumble. Pretty darn good, enough to send Porter into retirement.

You keep on judging him like he's a rookie. He's not.

Back
Top Bottom