Nate Allen !!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate Allen !!!

In fairness to Nate Allen, at no point in his career was he ever considered good to begin with. Going into training camp, if I had to rank our starters 1-22, he'd have been 21 or 22, with his only competition coming from the LG spot. This signing is nothing like the IAQ signing where there was still upside.

These posts are just crazy. Rashad Jones, arguably one of the top 3 players on the roster, has looked terrible with his footing, angles, etc,. thus far and nobody says a word about that. Allen is only projected as a starter due to McDonald's suspension. He will be fine, though. Remember Rambo last year and some of the other dumpster fire projects we threw back there? We are greatly improved at the safety position with RJ healthy and Allen + McDonald, Aikens, etc.

In fairness to Nate Allen, at no point in his career was he ever considered good to begin with. Going into training camp, if I had to rank our starters 1-22, he'd have been 21 or 22, with his only competition coming from the LG spot. This signing is nothing like the IAQ signing where there was still upside.

That's not fair at all. He had a good stint with the Eagles. Philidelphia let him test the FA market, Oakland overpaid, and they couldn't match. He was then let go by Oakland because he didn't live up to the high priced contract that they gave him.

I will reserve judgement right now, but I am not convinced at all that McDonald can play free safety effectively. Nate Allen may play alot all season, even after TJ Mac comes back.

I think (or hope rather) that we'll be utilizing some Big Nickel packages once McDonald returns. As you said, I see Allen playing the major role at FS while we (hopefully) design packages to have Jones and McDonald on the field at the same time in SS/LB hybrid roles.

That's not fair at all. He had a good stint with the Eagles. Philidelphia let him test the FA market, Oakland overpaid, and they couldn't match. He was then let go by Oakland because he didn't live up to the high priced contract that they gave him.

And both of those teams, on two separate occasions, released him twice each. He's not good enough. There wasn't an Eagles fan around who was sad to see him go.

And both of those teams, on two separate occasions, released him twice each. He's not good enough. There wasn't an Eagles fan around who was sad to see him go.

Eagles never released him. They lost him much like we lost Vernon and Miller a few years back. We let them test the market and then they got paid.

Last edited:
I think you are fine with tj if you can sit in 2 deep and cover 2 you don't want anything to do with him in single high he's late to the perimeter of the field. Really you want him in the box and attacking the los.

Classic strong safety and you better hide him in coverage. He's flat footed a lot bad recipe.

It's basically a reshad like role except reshads better in coverage.

Nate Allen has to show better than Michael Thomas or we got problems. Draft didn't break a way that safety was the correct value in the first 2 days so is what it is. Looks like an obvious priority to me for this coming offseason.

Do you guys remember that it's pre-season, I want everybody to be dominate but this team is growing, lower your expectations, everybody is not going to pick 4 passes, or make 30 tackles, stop over analyzing this team and wait until everything starts, every week it's a new player that feels the "arm chair quarterback" wrath, just calm down let things shake itself out.

Pre-season or not, this is the same defense from last year (maybe worst without Vance Joseph). Matt Ryan scored very easily like he was practicing but hey!!! pre-season and no game planning but that was too easy. The starters got torched again against a 3rd string QB (Eagles game). Pre-season or not, this defense needs help and probably Jesus too!!!

Back
Top Bottom