Nate Allen !!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate Allen !!!

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm know some of us watch different versions of Dolphins games at the same time and probably same channel (CBS & NFL Network) but we can all agree that Nate Allen is MIA in Miami and nowhere to be found on the field.

There was an article last month stating that he was always at the right place at the right time, never blowing his assignments.... But his assignment is hiding behind the referre or the bench??? Is he a strong safety or free safety??? Who can replace him? Aikens (now a CB), AJ Hendy (Apparently has regressed big time) or that # 2 undrafted rookie Smith?

This is another free agent bust that we will have to love to hate for 8 weeks before T. J. McDonald comes back after his suspension.

He started ahead of McDonald in Week 3, played the first couple of possessions.

I though Reshad was shaky, let Torrey Smith run by him and who was it Zach Ertz with the juke out? He did have a great blitz that led to a Andre Branch sack.

Jones brings a savage presence, and he should display that at all times as the leader of the back 4. He will turn things up come week 1.

As far as Allen, sometimes the more quiet he is, the better. Stats say 2 solo tackles, but I was at the Eagles game and could not tell you Nate Allen's number, MIA indeed. Jones stood out, not in a great way.

I though Reshad was shaky, let Torrey Smith run by him and who was it Zach Ertz with the juke out? He did have a great blitz that led to a Andre Branch sack.

Jones brings a savage presence, and he should display that at all times as the leader of the back 4. He will turn things up come week 1.

As far as Allen, sometimes the more quiet he is, the better. Stats say 2 solo tackles, but I was at the Eagles game and could not tell you Nate Allen's number, MIA indeed. Jones stood out, not in a great way.

Maxwell's assignment.

What a bunch of huey! What coverage did he screw up? What easy tackles did he miss? What penalties did he commit??

You can't tackle players when there aren't any ball carriers in your area.

You can't log passes defensed when they aren't throwing at you.

Fans should be very happy they have not heard his name. It's usually a bad thing to hear a secondary players name.

Maybe the reason they aren't throwing his way is because he has good coverage in his area.

I though Reshad was shaky, let Torrey Smith run by him
and who was it Zach Ertz with the juke out? He did have a great blitz that led to a Andre Branch sack.

I actually think it was Maxwell that screwed up on the play.

Nate Allen is a pretty unspectacular football player. We knew this when he was signed.

We all know that Nate Allen has limited talent - he just needs to do his job. However, I thought Reshad Jones looked a bit rusty. Not all players come back from major reconstructive surgery with ease. I had assumed that he'd be fine but now think there's a chance he may take a while. Do others have any concerns? Welcome feedback...

The list of poorly performing defenders in that game is long ... depressingly long.

But keep repeating the mantra ... which also happens to be correct, "it's only preseason, we don't really know anything yet."

only one preseason showing but did about as much as a card board cut out.

We get safety play like we did in that philly game and we are toast.

That was horrid.

Back
Top Bottom