Nate burleson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just said on nfl network he's flying to Miami, mutual interest

As u know Nate has been a guess host all offseason on nfl network, and they just said he called their producers with this news.

2 points for beating Daytona with the news!!

This is a more curious visit than any of the other ones so far. He will be 33 this season and is not a tall WR like I figured they would mostly be looking for right now. Plus is in the downside of his career. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews pretty much locked into the roster, not sure I understand the Burleson interest.

Competition. He can push these guys who think they are set which is always good

Would be a solid pick-up, but where would he be on the depth chart? Maybe its insurance for Gibson in case he isnt ready to go.

This is a more curious visit than any of the other ones so far. He will be 33 this season and is not a tall WR like I figured they would mostly be looking for right now. Plus is in the downside of his career. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews pretty much locked into the roster, not sure I understand the Burleson interest.

Could be the interchangeable, all WRs must be able to play all spots philosophy philbin learned in GB. But yea I am surprised at this as well, maybe the med report on Gibson or hartline aren't as positive as we have heard

Just some competing he might not even make the opening day roster. But if some gets hurt you have a pretty good back up.

Maybe, but Gibson is supposed to be ready for offseason camps. I just don't know where Burleson fits.

The highest spot I see Burleson pushing for is Matthews spot, and I like Matthews. I dont see Burleson in competition with anyone else above him.

Maybe it makes sense in that they would be adding another veteran leader to the locker room. On the field he wouldn't be more than a 4 or 5 compared to the guys we already have.

I am with Nubs on this one. Not sure I understand as if he is brought in as a 4th or 5th WR he is going to be needed and expected to play ST, and not so sure how well he would do that.

I am with Nubs on this one. Not sure I understand as if he is brought in as a 4th or 5th WR he is going to be needed and expected to play ST, and not so sure how well he would do that.

That is a good point, you want that 4th or 5th WR to be able to contribute on special teams. That is not Burleson. As I mentioned in my other post, the only reason I see that makes sense for adding him is for another veteran leader in the locker room.

With all that said, Burleson is probably going to sign here. Hickey so far has shown that he doesn't waste people's time with free agent visits. The trend so far seems to be that Hickey is only bringing in guys he expects to offer a contract to. Ireland used to do a lot of look sees with free agent visits and didn't always offer a contract. Hickey hasn't danced around like that so far.

Didnt see this coming. Not sure what the benefit is. Maybe everybody here is right that he is insurance in case a WR needs to start the season on short term IR

If they sign him it better be for the veteran minimum with no guaranteed money. He was supposed to be the #2 behind Megatron but couldn't stay healthy. He will be 33 years old this season and has only played 15 games the past two seasons due to being injured. If all things are equal, I would much rather see the Fins develop Matthews, than bring in an aging veteran in the twilight of his career no matter how much locker room presence he has.

I don't know man very questionable moves so far I mean honestly besides Brandon Albert, and maybe knowshawn, very questionable free agency so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom