Nate burleson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

I thought about this at the beginning of the season. This would help the WR core out, if a decent deal could be struck, I'd love this move.

According to some one this board our WR core is so bad he would instantly be a starter :lol:

Have you not read finheaven lately and heard that our wr core is in shambles? Wallace is a sure thing to get traded. hartline, Gibson and binns all have one leg and won't be ready for the season. Right now our only receiver is Matthews. We need to sign burleson and trade all our draft picks this year except our 7th to move up and get a top notch wr. In the 7th or even Even undrafted we can find our starting Olinemen there since the draft is so deep. Then we should trade next years 1st round pick for (insert over hill but still good wr i.e. Andre Johnson/fitz) then we'll be set!!- finheaven logic

I hope you're right. Gibson looked like the best WR on the team for a couple games before he got hurt. He plays all out.

I'll eat crow on that signing. Thought it was a bad signing but Gibson was our best YAC receiver last year by far.

Just said on nfl network he's flying to Miami, mutual interest

As u know Nate has been a guess host all offseason on nfl network, and they just said he called their producers with this news.

2 points for beating Daytona with the news!!

2lxjzx3-1.jpg

All for signing him from what I know; however I would hope it would be at the expense of Binn's roster spot cuz IMO Mathews is a star in waiting and will be signed by the jest within 24 hours of release or placed on the PS.

Yeah, I'm with everyone this is weird.

Wallace, Hartline, Gibs, Matthews....Burleson?

Guess this puts Binns on the hot seat?

Burleson and Binns battle for 5th spot. Doubt we ride with 6 WR's.

Looks like that wanna push Mathews amd binns. That's good don't hand the spot to either guy although I see Mathews as a lock.

repeat after me...WASHED UP

Eh.....

I think Nate has enough in the tank to be a 5/6 WR.

Better question is can he contribute on ST. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews top 4 are locked up IMO, so unless season ending injuries happen (again) doubt he would see the field much.

I have seen people on Twitter speculate that this means one of the current guys could be traded/released and even Armando says that this smells like something else is happening.

But if the plan is to replace any of the top four(Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews) with Burleson, it is a downgrade. That better not be the plan.

Somebody surgery didn't go as expected. Burlson is veteran, leader, mental, etc...

Hes also washed up and I would as soon as whoever is ready for play then Burlson gets released.

I have seen people on Twitter speculate that this means one of the current guys could be traded/released and even Armando says that this smells like something else is happening.

But if the plan is to replace any of the top four(Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews) with Burleson, it is a downgrade. That better not be the plan.
That would be a terrible replacement. If they did trade a guy i would hope they draft either Evans or Watkins. I love hartline but hes hit his ceiling hes a very good chains guy. Never gonna score TDs in bunches

If we had a plan to ship out Wallace/Hartline/Gibson we would of seen early action in FA. You dont swap down turn career WR as your top guy.

James Jones, Decker, Nicks, etc....

Unless we plan on moving up for Watkins/Evans or taking Lee, etc.

I like everything kickey is doing thus far.. seems to be a very good GM. I totally see why you would bring in a Nate B. TRUE COMPETITION. You don't want anyone on your roster complacent or sure that they have a starting spot. Everyone needs some type of threat of having their spot taken if they don't perform. This keeps everyone working hard and doing everything they need to do to keep their jobs. Bringing in a guy that has had success in the league and could be an actual threat to start or contribute is better than bringing in unproven camp bodies who everyone knows unless a miracle happens will not make it past first cuts. Keep em coming Hickey...

Back
Top Bottom