Nate McMillan takes Portlands Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate McMillan takes Portlands Job

Damn. I was hoping McMillan would remain on the market a little longer to take the Detroit job if Larry Brown retires or leaves. The Sonics have no one to blame but themselves; they let McMillan twist in the wind all year without giving him an extension, and it backfired. Great move by Portland. McMillan will put up with that prevailing "inmates run the asylum" attitude for about five seconds.

Wally Walker has to be the most arrogant and ultimately stupid team president in the NBA.

Here's McMillan, who has patiently waited for Walker to get off his *** and do what he should have been doing all last season; McMillan, who is "Mr. Sonic" - and Walker can't get him signed.

Add this to the list of blunders Walker has made since he's been here, and the good people he's alienated with his arrogance, and the damage he's done to this team. Hell of a job there, Wally.

NaboCane said:
Wally Walker has to be the most arrogant and ultimately stupid team president in the NBA.

Here's McMillan, who has patiently waited for Walker to get off his *** and do what he should have been doing all last season; McMillan, who is "Mr. Sonic" - and Walker can't get him signed.

Add this to the list of blunders Walker has made since he's been here, and the good people he's alienated with his arrogance, and the damage he's done to this team. Hell of a job there, Wally.

Good post.. they will be scrambling now for a 2nd rate option most likely inless Saunders signs there.

I guess Seattle wanted a change after they gave Ray the big bucks. Seems like a bad move for Seattle losing a good coach. I would not be shocked to see Old Lenny Wilkins coaching them next year.

jville_fin said:
I wouldve never thought of that choice. I bet Ray Allen is kickin himself for re-signing with the sonics. heres the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2101994

Well, I guess I'll mention this even though it's improbable. Ray Allen agreed to the deal with Seattle but, according to the CBA, can't actually sign it until the 22nd. So he's technically still a free agent. If he wants to back out of the deal, the Sonics will hate him, the rest of the country won't care, and he'll probably be wearing wine and gold.

RWhitney014 said:
Well, I guess I'll mention this even though it's improbable. Ray Allen agreed to the deal with Seattle but, according to the CBA, can't actually sign it until the 22nd. So he's technically still a free agent. If he wants to back out of the deal, the Sonics will hate him, the rest of the country won't care, and he'll probably be wearing wine and gold.

I think there is a much a chance of Ray giving back 85 Million over 5 years as a Rottweiller would give back a sirloin steak. It's all about the bling bling....and forgot all the talk about how much love Ray gives the community of Seattle. It's all about the money.

Roman529 said:
I think there is a much a chance of Ray giving back 85 Million over 5 years as a Rottweiller would give back a sirloin steak. It's all about the bling bling....and forgot all the talk about how much love Ray gives the community of Seattle. It's all about the money.

He'd still be getting plenty of money anywhere else he goes, but you're probably right. Unless McMillan was the reason he stayed, he's not going anywhere. I figured it was worth mentioning though.

When teams agree to a deal like that before the deadline, there's ZERO chance of someone backing out. The Carlos Boozer thing last year was an abberation, and in any event, that was a handshake deal (and one of questionable legality, at that). This is an agreement-in-principle. Allen's agent would be nuts to back out of an agreement-in-principle; he's get blackballed around the NBA immediately for that. Especially considering there's no indication that Allen re-signed with the Sonics because they guaranteed McMillan would be coaching the team.

Back
Top Bottom