National Championship Game - Clemson vs LSU | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Championship Game - Clemson vs LSU

I said the same thing in the game thread on the college forum and I would do the same with Venables and our DC. If Ross is really serious about turning us into a contender, you've got to give Flores the tools to get it done, I'm not confident in Galley and this internal guy they are promoting.

We don’t have the physical talent to win, period. Not one NFL level linemen and we’ve only had one for the last 10 years and we traded him away.

bums like pouncey and fat Albert don’t count because they couldn’t stay healthy.

I think Burrow is the clear 1st pick but I will join the minority saying he isnt some transcendent talent. There are several factors here people will ignore or in their mind easily explain away. He is athletic and determined but I am always wary of a 23/24 year old guy dominating college teams. His situation is far different and sort of reminds me of Chris Winkie, not saying he is worth the same pick obviously but Older guys dominate college football. Look at some of the surprise teams on the past 15 years they are all loaded with 4th and 5th year seniors who are just grown men compared to 18/19 kids just getting their feet wet.

1. Burrow is a grad transfer, he takes 1 class and can use the rest of his day studying film and breaking down plays. While other guys are taking 4-5 classes and trying to balance it all. That preparation gap closes in the NFL. Coaching staffs put in 100+ hours in a week on how to slow you down or stop you. It will be interesting to see him adjust.

2. Joe Brady is an NFL guy. The concepts and system he runs is new and way above the college defense capabilities. With no tape on the system coordinators are simply treading water trying to score and keep up. You saw this with Saban when he came back from the NFL with a far more complex defense and for like 5 straight years allowed under 10 points a game; I mean nobody could score on them. It balanced back out as the offenses got more explosive throughout college.

3. He has at least 4 NFL players at the skill positions, everyone kills Tua for his receiver talent but Burrow is THE MAN even though he has elite talent around him as well. Hell people say Fromm is trash because his line is good and he doesnt tear it up. Fromm has NFL running backs but no one catching a pass is elite at UGA, but people kill him.

4. Burrow has an average NFL arm, its measured objectively and does not have all the throws in his repertoire, last night his guys made a number of great plays for him, which you need at any level but you have to be able to make some throws on timing and rhythm that you just dont see from him. Tua, Herbert, Love and Fromm all have stronger arms that Burrow.

5. His escapability was on point but NFL guys dont miss like 18/19 year old kids who will never play above this current level.

But an Ohio kid and an Ohio team picking #1 its a lock unless he gets hurt during workouts, but the Bengals are a bad franchise and he will likely never reach an elite level in the NFL. Sad for him; if you get him receiving talent like Miami and spend time building the line you would see closer to this level but with the cheap AF Bengals and a coach who has shown no ability to coach up talent or create a good game plan he will end up like David Carr, beat up and never able to access his talent.

Don't think anyone described Burrow as transcendent, just very, very good, with few holes in his game.

Point 3 is ridiculous, doesn't matter who he was throwing to, the ball placement is just exceptional, Fromm's ball placement has been all over the place this year and he's had 4 and 5 star recruits to throw to, Pickens is a hell of a talent.

Too much is being made of the arm strength, it's largely nonsense, Burrow's arm is good enough, you don't have to have a Herbert kind of an arm to make it in the NFL.

Point 5 is also pretty silly, he feels the pressure better than anyone in college and escapes the rush way too many times to put this down to soley playing teenagers who don't know what they are doing. This will help him survive a little longer than say a Jake Fromm who has zero tools in his locker to escape the press.

We don’t have the physical talent to win, period. Not one NFL level linemen and we’ve only had one for the last 10 years and we traded him away.

bums like pouncey and fat Albert don’t count because they couldn’t stay healthy.

Absolutely true, that's why FA and the draft over the next couple of years are so very important to us. Fortunately we have a ton of resources to address one of the weakest areas on the team.

I think Burrow is the clear 1st pick but I will join the minority saying he isnt some transcendent talent. There are several factors here people will ignore or in their mind easily explain away. He is athletic and determined but I am always wary of a 23/24 year old guy dominating college teams. His situation is far different and sort of reminds me of Chris Winkie, not saying he is worth the same pick obviously but Older guys dominate college football. Look at some of the surprise teams on the past 15 years they are all loaded with 4th and 5th year seniors who are just grown men compared to 18/19 kids just getting their feet wet.

1. Burrow is a grad transfer, he takes 1 class and can use the rest of his day studying film and breaking down plays. While other guys are taking 4-5 classes and trying to balance it all. That preparation gap closes in the NFL. Coaching staffs put in 100+ hours in a week on how to slow you down or stop you. It will be interesting to see him adjust.

2. Joe Brady is an NFL guy. The concepts and system he runs is new and way above the college defense capabilities. With no tape on the system coordinators are simply treading water trying to score and keep up. You saw this with Saban when he came back from the NFL with a far more complex defense and for like 5 straight years allowed under 10 points a game; I mean nobody could score on them. It balanced back out as the offenses got more explosive throughout college.

3. He has at least 4 NFL players at the skill positions, everyone kills Tua for his receiver talent but Burrow is THE MAN even though he has elite talent around him as well. Hell people say Fromm is trash because his line is good and he doesnt tear it up. Fromm has NFL running backs but no one catching a pass is elite at UGA, but people kill him.

4. Burrow has an average NFL arm, its measured objectively and does not have all the throws in his repertoire, last night his guys made a number of great plays for him, which you need at any level but you have to be able to make some throws on timing and rhythm that you just dont see from him. Tua, Herbert, Love and Fromm all have stronger arms that Burrow.

5. His escapability was on point but NFL guys dont miss like 18/19 year old kids who will never play above this current level.

But an Ohio kid and an Ohio team picking #1 its a lock unless he gets hurt during workouts, but the Bengals are a bad franchise and he will likely never reach an elite level in the NFL. Sad for him; if you get him receiving talent like Miami and spend time building the line you would see closer to this level but with the cheap AF Bengals and a coach who has shown no ability to coach up talent or create a good game plan he will end up like David Carr, beat up and never able to access his talent.
The minute Joe sets down in the Show the NFL has caught up to Joe - he a man will be playing against men -

The throw that impacted the game more than has been talked about was the duck Burrow threw that led to a PI on a 3rd and 18 -

Burrow took the game over with his legs and I have to credit him but D coordinators will love to see him run in the NFL -

Burrow reminds me more and more of Chad Pennington -

I look forward to taking up the convo in the General NFL forum - for the next 10 years

Now I know some of you want to keep resurrecting Burrow within Miami draft threads but there is no way in Gods green earth that the Dolphins are moving to the number one pick -

Burrow is the no. 1 overall pick

So get over it already

Joey burrow man.

gun to my head if I had #1 overall pick I’m picking burrow over tua. Injury history plays very large role inthat decision

I’m still willing to make my moveup to grab tua but if I had my choice at both, I gotta go burrow

Trevor Lawrence just another in the line of one read QBs. I Mean he even telegraphs the screen, albeit he is super young and has One more year to grow with his skills (before he declares) - but wil he or wil he rely on his scrambling?!

Boy he left plays out on the field

Last edited:
Joey burrow man.

gun to my head if I had #1 overall pick I’m picking burrow over tua. Injury history plays very large role inthat decision

I’m still willing to make my moveup to grab tua but if I had my choice at both, I gotta go burrow
I respect that

You can add Sewell to that list...

I don’t know who that is but I tell ya what if I can get any of those kids with miamis pick next year assuming we get the qb this year I’m sprinting the card up.

I think these kids are more talented than anything in this class at their position. Well maybe not wr I don’t know. But chase is legit. Capitol l

Parsons is probably the best off ball underclass lb prospect as in soph I’ve seen in a long long time. His ceiling is nuts

That Stingley is the best Freshman CB I have ever seen.

He's been playing like that all season as I'm sure you know. Just crazy how Clemson had to pick on the projected first round pick on the other corner to avoid him.

You can add Sewell to that list...

Yep, he's as good a LT as I've seen, even I can tell he's a future star. He's only just turned 20 , probably declares next year, maybe a great pick up if we have done the right thing with our 1a this year.

Back
Top Bottom