National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire...

You can't criticize Cameron for the playcalling at the end of the Patriots game, apparently Marty took the headset towards the end and he was the one calling the plays. I think Bill Simmons said it best on ESPN.com, Marty was so concerned in not playing Martyball that he got too cute with the playcalling, while Martyball probably would have resulted in a W.

that the guy saying this has a lot more credibility than a joke like Mortensen or King...

But, I am hoping you are right.

Highly doubt that. What many in the national media fail to see is that WH is big fan of the Dolphins and had been a season ticket holder since the expansion year. He has a passion for this team, unlike the Marlins or the Panthers. If he had truly wanted to sell the team since JJ was here, believe me, there would have been numerous offers thrown at him.
WH worked very hard in the late 80's to buy a minority interest in the team from Joe Robbie. He was more than happy to buy the whole team after JR passed away and the Robbie family got stuck with that corrupt estate tax(sorry, that's a political issue for another debate).
He also owns the stadium. He makes plenty of money from the team and the stadium revenue. It's not as if he is losing money like he was with the Marlins.

The owner of the Raiders, Al Davis, is the one who needs to sell his team. He's getting too old. He's just not the same Davis from the 80s that I remember. I heard on ESPN that they are having a hard time finding a good head coach. Some Silicon Valley billionaire over there that loves football should buy the Raiders or something. Rebuild it from scratch.

Wayne was rated as a top 5 owner by Sports Illustrated this year. I googled it up here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ver/06/29/open.mike/index.html?section=si_nfl

Wayne is doing his part very well for Dolphin Nation. Dolphins fans are lucky to have him as an owner. Cam was right in his press conference about how important it is to have a good owner. Wayne just wants to have some more fun. He wants to see that stadium full of fired up Dolphins fans at the home games. Wayne is understandably just frustrated about losing like the rest of us are. Watch his interview on www.miamidolphins.com .

Google CEO's should buy the Raiders. Change the name to the Googlers and have rainbow colors. Build the best hightech stadium in the nfl.

yeah i think well see what kinda of job he does and then evaluate him instead of taking the medias word for it according ot the media aka sports illustrated we were going ot the sb this year

this is the same media that had us in the Super Bowl. lol. I think its a great sign that they are underwhelmed

Hmmmm......

Sounds kind've like last year's hirings of Sean Payton and Eric Mangini, huh?

that the guy saying this has a lot more credibility than a joke like Mortensen or King...

But, I am hoping you are right.

...according to you....give up the secret identity and let others judge whether or not this guy has more credibility than mortensen or king. peter king doesn't seem to lack credibility - when we all believed saban when he said he wasn't going, king didn't buy it at all...

I could give a rats about what the national media has to say.

As for Schiano. Are you kidding me? Why would we want another college coach.

The Fins made the right decision. They have an offensive minded head coach, an experienced and aggressive DC, and a true GM.

About damn time if you ask me!

A-freaking-men!!

I liked the Cameron signing...

but I also fear a little bit all of this negativitiy from the national media.

Allow me to add this....first off... What did they think about the Sabin hiring? I'll bet they were all for it and look how it turned out. And second who really cares what they think. Let's be adults and form our own opions and then BELIEVE in them until proven otherwise. But most important... let's believe in our team. Go Fins in 07.

As for the second half of the Pats game last week I don't blame Cam because it was turnovers on Special Teams (the botched punt), on Defense (the interception that was fumbled back to the Pats) and a foolish Personal Foul Penalty on what would have been 4th down and a really long field goal by the Pats, that Florence made. Those three plays are what made that game in the second half, and I think the Pats made their last 14 points as a result of them, so Cam can't be blamed for that and on offense I did notice Marty didn't have the headset on in the first half but in the second half he did. Although myself I'm unsure of Cameron because how hard was it to have a great offense with that talent in SD, plus his Indiana record is troubling. On the other hand he did make Rivers look very good this year and if Mularkey was SD's OC then they would be awful. So I'll see what time brings but I'm not jumping on the Cameron bandwagon yet.

I'm not sure this one anonymous example really counts as the "national media." It's nice that he's courteous, but those are some ridiculous quotes. No, the Miami Dolphins are not leaving. If Wayne really wanted to sell the team it would be sold. And Greg Schiano? Come on. If this really is a national media figure then it's a good example of how ridiculously uninformed and irrelevant their opinions are.

Do you really think people like Shula and Marino would somehow allow this team to move? As far as I know they don't own any part of the organization but you would have to imagine those guys (as well as some other ex-fins) would fight tooth and nail for them to stay. It's nice to know that ex-players/coaches from Miami are still involved alot and actually care about the franchise.

Highly doubt that. What many in the national media fail to see is that WH is big fan of the Dolphins and had been a season ticket holder since the expansion year. He has a passion for this team, unlike the Marlins or the Panthers. If he had truly wanted to sell the team since JJ was here, believe me, there would have been numerous offers thrown at him.
WH worked very hard in the late 80's to buy a minority interest in the team from Joe Robbie. He was more than happy to buy the whole team after JR passed away and the Robbie family got stuck with that corrupt estate tax(sorry, that's a political issue for another debate).
He also owns the stadium. He makes plenty of money from the team and the stadium revenue. It's not as if he is losing money like he was with the Marlins.

To that end, it's pretty incomprehensible that Wayne would pour $300 million in to the stadium to renovate it, then sell the team, see it move and lose its prime tenant, thereby decreasing the value of the stadium.

consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.

I don't know who he is, but I don't buy anything he said to you.

Back
Top Bottom