National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National Media certainly underwhelmed by hire...

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.

I could give a rats about what the national media has to say.

As for Schiano. Are you kidding me? Why would we want another college coach.

The Fins made the right decision. They have an offensive minded head coach, an experienced and aggressive DC, and a true GM.

About damn time if you ask me!

God, I hope you are right Blitz...

I liked the Cameron signing...

but I also fear a little bit all of this negativitiy from the national media.

consider the following response I got from one major correspondent (whose identity I'll keep secret because he does me the courtesy of responding almost immediately whenever I e-mail). Let me say, that I like Cameron but this certainly dampened my enthusiasm.

Rob--

I am under-whelmed by the hiring....he went nuts at Indiana and a lot of coaches I respect feel that he is simply OK....I heard they considered talking to Schiano. He would have been a better choice. Nothing about him says this is going to work.

Wayne supposedly has had this team up for sale since the tail end of Jimmy Johnson's career there. Wayne is frustrated in that he's thrown a lot of money at the dolphins and nothing has worked. Everyone told him that Saban was the right hire and look what happened. Wayne doesn't need to sell, but he could at any time. And unlike a lot of owners, he doesn't really understand the game like he does some of his businesses. After all these years, he remains a novice.

I guess any team is a candidate to move to LA that doesn't have strong support. I don't see Goodell allowing this franchise to move there, though. The Saints and Jacksonville still seem like better contenders.

The owner of the Raiders, Al Davis, is the one who needs to sell his team. He's getting too old. He's just not the same Davis from the 80s that I remember. I heard on ESPN that they are having a hard time finding a good head coach. Some Silicon Valley billionaire over there that loves football should buy the Raiders or something. Rebuild it from scratch.

Wayne was rated as a top 5 owner by Sports Illustrated this year. I googled it up here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ver/06/29/open.mike/index.html?section=si_nfl

Wayne is doing his part very well for Dolphin Nation. Dolphins fans are lucky to have him as an owner. Cam was right in his press conference about how important it is to have a good owner. Wayne just wants to have some more fun. He wants to see that stadium full of fired up Dolphins fans at the home games. Wayne is understandably just frustrated about losing like the rest of us are. Watch his interview on www.miamidolphins.com .

Except finfang...

that the guy saying this has a lot more credibility than a joke like Mortensen or King...

But, I am hoping you are right.

Players give their all for him from what I've read and that is just as important as the Xs and Os. He may not be a mad scientist type like Brian Schotty but he understands how to set up plays that work. I've seen about 6 Chargers games this year and all of his gameplans have a a great flow and make sense. Additionally he has the ability to change his gameplan mid game if its not working or something offers itself up. Think back to those crazy comebacks the Chargers made midpoint in the season. He plays to the teams strengths and he knows how to isolate his playmakers so they can play in space, something that Mularkey had no clyue in how to achieve.

People give Al Davis a hard time. The man looks like the cryptkeeper. However, knowing the man personally, I can tell you that he still has some good ideas for the legue, let alone the Raiders. He is stuck in the past with some of his coaching hires and decisions about personell, but he is a good man who should be able to stay as long as he wats for what he has done for this league imo.

Also, does everyone realize that Al Davis only owns 49% of the Raiders? Most people don't know that.

im sorry but that response lost all credibility the second he mentions the notion that the dolphins would be moved. im sorry but i dont care about his credentials this guy has no clue what hes talking about

just the thought of the miami dolphins moving to la is hysterical

we witnessed that "great" playcalling the second half on the pats game... it seemed to me he got moooolarkyish and forgot what got him where he was at.

People give Al Davis a hard time. The man looks like the cryptkeeper. However, knowing the man personally, I can tell you that he still has some good ideas for the legue, let alone the Raiders. He is stuck in the past with some of his coaching hires and decisions about personell, but he is a good man who should be able to stay as long as he wats for what he has done for this league imo.

Also, does everyone realize that Al Davis only owns 49% of the Raiders? Most people don't know that.

I did not know that. Really only 49%. Who owns the other 51% out of curiosity?

The owner of the Raiders, Al Davis, is the one who needs to sell his team. He's getting too old. He's just not the same Davis from the 80s that I remember. I heard on ESPN that they are having a hard time finding a good head coach. Some Silicon Valley billionaire over there that loves football should buy the Raiders or something. Rebuild it from scratch.

Wayne was rated as a top 5 owner by Sports Illustrated this year. I googled it up here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ver/06/29/open.mike/index.html?section=si_nfl

Wayne is doing his part very well for Dolphin Nation. Dolphins fans are lucky to have him as an owner. Cam was right in his press conference about how important it is to have a good owner. Wayne just wants to have some more fun. He wants to see that stadium full of fired up Dolphins fans at the home games. Wayne is understandably just frustrated about losing like the rest of us are. Watch his interview on www.miamidolphins.com .

The Raiders are up for sale and rumor is the Debartalo's might try and get back into the league and buy it. They just have to get everything and anything SF releated off the books first. They still have ties with SF in some small ways. And once that is cleared Al will probably sell them the team in a year or two.

who gives a rats *** about the media?

The media only surrounds its self with acts of stupidty or big names, neither of which cam has. Had we hired Shula it would've been a media circus, same with Mora. Just because the media has not been overwhelmed doesn't mean its a bad thing. There are 3 coaches last year that the media didn't give a damn about... Dick Jauron, Mike Mccarthey, and Sean Payton. All three were extremely successful in there first year. All three turned around dreadful programs, 2 into respectablity and 1 into a Superbowl contender.

The circus that surrounded saban was incredible and he led a talented football team into playing up to their potential in year one and playing like the detroit lions in year 2. Media doesn't matter. In fact i think it is a good thing they aren't saying anything. :dolphins:

im sorry but that response lost all credibility the second he mentions the notion that the dolphins would be moved. im sorry but i dont care about his credentials this guy has no clue what hes talking about

just the thought of the miami dolphins moving to la is hysterical

It is one opinion of many. This fan here does not put too much credence into it. The assertion that Wayne H. has been trying to sell since the end of JJ's tenure is pushing it. I mean we have heard the rumors of potential sell. Quit a few owners will put out 'feelers' about what certain interests would pay for thier pay to gauge market price and what route to go if they wanted to. Smart business people always enable themselves to have the most options. But that does not mean he will leave high and dry at the drop of a hat either. Even if he did want to sell I don't think the team leaves S. FL anyhow. Too much speculation from this guy for my tastes.

we witnessed that "great" playcalling the second half on the pats game... it seemed to me he got moooolarkyish and forgot what got him where he was at.
That's what I was thinking too.

I'm not going to start jumping on Cam's bandwagon. You all can go ahead and praise the guy as your new god and savior of the Dolphins. I did that for Saban as soon as he was hired, and look what it ended up.

Once Cam accomplishes ANYTHING, then I will give him his props, but for now, I'm just sitting back, waiting for the Dolphins to win.

Back
Top Bottom