National perception of Dolphins draft highly positive | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

National perception of Dolphins draft highly positive

On the topic of playing on the perimeter, Waddle split his time between wide splits and inside at the slot. He played 242 snaps in 2020 with 147 of those coming from an inside alignment. That jives with Waddle's skillset. He scored a 62.5 percent success rate vs. press coverage. That mark, per Harmon, falls at the 33rd percentile among all prospects in the Reception Perception's history.

Pressing receivers in the slot – especially receivers with a sub 4.4 timed speed and perhaps even quicker game-speed – is an "enter at your own risk" proposition for opposing corners.
Waddle gained 495 yards from the slot, which ranked 24th in college football. His slot yards per game (123.8) was far and away tops in the nation.

Even for a receiver that excels in getting to top speed quickly and showcases a unique burst off the line, Waddle can haul in a contested ball downfield; he made four contested catches in his four games this past season.

Waddle finished tied for sixth in the country with an average of 10.1 yards after the catch. He also generated the 26th-most deep yards (passes throw 20-or-more yards downfield) with 329 yards on just seven passes of that criteria. He also turned seven reception on screen passes into 65 yards (9.29 yards per screen reception).

Sounds like a keeper to me - LOL

Who’s gonna get yards on the ground? We’re missing a stud RB that can take over in the 4th quarter, convert 3rd and short.
They’re trying to get cute with all this trade BS it’s still the NFL and you need a running game

With this offensive line, I could be an effective runner, as long as I'm allowed to use my walker. - LOL

They always give them a A after every Draft over the years. Strange that considering all I've been hearing lately is how the Patriots drafting has been average to poor over the last few years. Stinks of bias but im not suprised as I'm still seeing the usual butt kissing by certain media pundits and reporters.
Fins are leaving the Patriots in their wake now and that trend will continue and won't be changing anytime soon imo.
We've had exactly 1 season in a row where we finished above them, and it wasn't dominatingly so. We didn't win the division, we were clearly second-best to the Bills. I'd say that this bodes well ... but the final chapter hasn't been written. We all expected the Patriots to stumble back a step when they lost Brady ... now it's about seeing whether Belichick can get them right back to the top. At least we have a legit chance to compete for the division now.

57z65s.gif

You can do better then that!

Really great to read. Thanks Nubs.

You KNOW those same fans who were saying “all is lost!” with picks like Phillips will be the loudest to cheer when he sacks Zack Wilson the first time and it looks like a Sub Zero Mortal Kombat fatality.

Edit: Will be especially gratifying because Zack Wilson has that douchey Johnny Cage vibe.
Screen-Shot-2020-12-05-at-7.12.47-PM-775x465.png

Odds are very very small, even tough for just one, but imagine if Waddle looks so good, he wins Offensive Rookie the year, while Phillips goes off for Defensive Rookie of the year.

"The team that won the draft, if you make me pick one team, I'm going with the Miami Dolphins. (...) I was just blown away by the Dolphins' draft."

There was a season where we appeared in the super bowl in some espn or etc simulation. I think this was with Cam Cameron or maybe after. The results of that season were a disaster lol. It seems the Dolphins play good when they are not expected to play good, and play bad when they aren't expected to.

Back
Top Bottom