NBA Coach of the Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Coach of the Year

Muck said:
Take Shaq away and we still have Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a #1 pick. One can't just knock us for Shaq without ackhnowledging what we gave up to get him.

Shaq > Everything they traded.

He's the most dominating force in the NBA. Van Gundy is a good coach, but he doesn't deserve coach of the year for simply having the best player in the NBA.

Despite being a Suns fan and thinking D'Antoni is in the running, I am going with Nate McMillan because he turned his team around with no major additions from last year. And not just a slight turnaround either. Record at this time last year: 35-42. Now: 50-26. Heat added Shaq, Suns added Q and Nash and both teams improved their bench. Not to take anything away from SVG or D'A because they are both great coaches, but Nate has them on this one.

Gonzo said:
Despite being a Suns fan and thinking D'Antoni is in the running, I am going with Nate McMillan because he turned his team around with no major additions from last year. And not just a slight turnaround either. Record at this time last year: 35-42. Now: 50-26. Heat added Shaq, Suns added Q and Nash and both teams improved their bench. Not to take anything away from SVG or D'A because they are both great coaches, but Nate has them on this one.

This argument I buy. The turnaround that the Suns went through is indeed very impressive.

Hostile7 said:
Shaq > Everything they traded.

He's the most dominating force in the NBA. Van Gundy is a good coach, but he doesn't deserve coach of the year for simply having the best player in the NBA.

Of course Shaq is better. But with those other guys, we're still better than a middle-of-the-pack East team.

I still think Rick Carlisle is COTY

Gonzo said:

McMillan will probably lose it because of all these injuries hes had lately. I would have to give it to Scott Skiles now with the Bulls getting home court. But any of the coaches of the top five teams deserve it....even Larry Brown.

Muck said:
Take Shaq away and we still have Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a #1 pick. One can't just knock us for Shaq without ackhnowledging what we gave up to get him.

Okay, take those players back and take away Shaq, you would be a middle of the pack team. Again, Shaq is the Heat!

Put Shaq on the Raptors, and they have the best record.

Back
Top Bottom