NBA Coach of the Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Coach of the Year

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
With the 05 NBA season coming near a close who will your choice for NBA coach of the year?

My choice is: Stan Van Gundy

Two things Van Gundy emphasizes -- defense and winning at home -- the Heat are doing extremely well. The Heat are fourth in the league in opponents field-goal percentage (.428) and eighth in the league in points allowed (94.96). At home, the Heat are one of the best in the league (second only to San Antonio) with a record of 33-6 and recently had their string of 18 consecutive wins snapped.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
With the 05 NBA season coming near a close who will your choice for NBA coach of the year?

My choice is: Stan Van Gundy

Two things Van Gundy emphasizes -- defense and winning at home -- the Heat are doing extremely well. The Heat are fourth in the league in opponents field-goal percentage (.428) and eighth in the league in points allowed (94.96). At home, the Heat are one of the best in the league (second only to San Antonio) with a record of 33-6 and recently had their string of 18 consecutive wins snapped.

I would not vote for him. The Heat go as far as O'neal take them!

I would say either Mike D'Antoni of the suns or George Karl of the Nuggets

Karl has done wonders since coming in!

Don't forget what Franks did with a banged up Net team!

I would take all three before Van Gundy.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I would not vote for him. The Heat go as far as O'neal take them!

You didn't watch the heat last year, didn't you?

Dolphin1184 said:
You didn't watch the heat last year, didn't you?

Shaq made that team, take him away and you are right in the middle of the pack like every other Eastern team.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Shaq made that team, take him away and you are right in the middle of the pack like every other Eastern team.

Exactly... The heat are nothing without Shaq. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it was going to be Gundy. He's a good coach who was helped out by the idiot lakers.

Hostile7 said:
Exactly... The heat are nothing without Shaq. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it was going to be Gundy. He's a good coach who was helped out by the idiot lakers.

Give Gundy some credit. Even though he has the most dominant presence in the league in Shaq. Gundy had to mold his personnel with Dwayne Wade to generate that team chemistry to be successful. Before the beginning of the season the critics said that Miami would be a good team but not a force that could possibly win it all.

Give SVG some credit, he took a Heat team that started 0-7 w/ Wade as a rookie to the 2nd round of the playoffs, if the Heat didn't have Shaq and had more or less the same team as last year i think we would still be at the very least 2nd seed in the East, the guy is a very good coach, just not coach of the year this year w/ some of the amazing jobs the others have done.

This will be one of the toughest years for the media to crown a Coach of the Year. So many worthy candidates!

NJFINSFAN1 said:

I am talking about last year's team; read my post carefully. How could shaq make that team? SVG took a toilet team with no big man that started 0-7 and brought them to the second round of the playoffs. No shaq there. We got shaq THIS year. Shaq is one of the major reasons that we are doing well, but that does not take anything away that SVG is an awesome coach.

Dolphin1184 said:
I am talking about last year's team; read my post carefully. How could shaq make that team? SVG took a toilet team with no big man that started 0-7 and brought them to the second round of the playoffs. No shaq there. We got shaq THIS year. Shaq is one of the major reasons that we are doing well, but that does not take anything away that SVG is an awesome coach.

Again, you take Shaq away, and your a middle of the road team!! :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1 said:

:shakeno: Doesn't take away from Van Gundy's ability.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Take Shaq away and we still have Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a #1 pick. One can't just knock us for Shaq without ackhnowledging what we gave up to get him.

I think Rick Carlisle needs to get some props in this thread. The guy has done a helluva job.

Back
Top Bottom