NBA draft preview: Shooting guards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA draft preview: Shooting guards

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
Antoine Wright - a 6'7" big, physical, yet fast scoring machine...we can wish, can't we?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-shootingguards062305&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

TOP SHOOTING GUARD PROSPECTS

1. Martell Webster, 6-7, Seattle Prep – Sizzling individual team workouts have moved this big-time athlete up in recent weeks. The Portland Trail Blazers claimed they've never had a player perform better in their workout. Never.

2. Antoine Wright, 6-7, Texas A&M, junior.

3. Rudy Fernandez, 6-5, Spain – He's reported to be an incredible outside shooter who has the size to create his own shot.

4. Rashad McCants, 6-4, North Carolina, junior – There's no questioning his ability to put points on the board, but some scouts are troubled that Carolina had to sub him out on defense late in the NCAA title game.

5. C.J. Miles, 6-6, Dallas Skyline High School – Maybe a little raw but has all the physical tools to make a long-term impact in the NBA. Absolutely tore up the competition in the Lone Star State.

Dan Wetzel is Yahoo! Sports' national columnist. Send him a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Fernandez pulled out of the draft and from what I've heard, scouts now have Miles behind Kennedy Winston, Francisco Garcia, Luther Head, and Julius Hodge.

Yeah WI pointed out that fernandez did pull out of the draft, and Martell Webster being 235 lbs. is gonna move to SF...so im not calling him a sg, Gerald Green however only being 195 is a SG!
Heres how my top 5 would look!

1. Antoine Wright - imo 3rd best player in the draft behind Chris Paul and Andrew Bogut
2. Gerald Green - Hes a younger version of T-Mac
3. Francisco Garcia - The Latin Assassin...Nuff Said
4. Rashad McCants - Good Shooter, But can be invisible on defense at times
5. CJ Miles - Should of went to Texas and proved to the world he can play against top competition

Buddwalk, I'll bet my house that Gerald Green is not a SG.
For the following reasons:

-The kid might only weigh 195 but his game is tailored for the SF position. I hate to bring out the comparison (no players are the same only similar) but the experts have a point when they compare him to a young T-Mac.
He's got the freakish athletic ability that T-Mac had coming out of Mt.Zion and the suspect jump shot to go along with it. Not the mention the long arms.

- He's coming out of HS, he's got plenty of time to develop an NBA body like a Jermaine O'Neal or Kobe Bryant.

- Look at a guy like Tayshaun Prince, he probably weighs less than a Stephon Marbury but that doesn't mean the Pistons play him at G. He's too good of a rebounder and shotblocker to play those positions. I've only seen Gerald Green play once, but there's no doubt he's got those qualities and will make a SF and not a SG.

Pink_Dove said:
Buddwalk, I'll bet my house that Gerald Green is not a SG.
For the following reasons:

-The kid might only weigh 195 but his game is tailored for the SF position. I hate to bring out the comparison (no players are the same only similar) but the experts have a point when they compare him to a young T-Mac.
He's got the freakish athletic ability that T-Mac had coming out of Mt.Zion and the suspect jump shot to go along with it. Not the mention the long arms.

- He's coming out of HS, he's got plenty of time to develop an NBA body like a Jermaine O'Neal or Kobe Bryant.

- Look at a guy like Tayshaun Prince, he probably weighs less than a Stephon Marbury but that doesn't mean the Pistons play him at G. He's too good of a rebounder and shotblocker to play those positions. I've only seen Gerald Green play once, but there's no doubt he's got those qualities and will make a SF and not a SG.

It also depends what team grabs him...Hes a SG/SF imo better suited for SG your opinion you say SF. If portland gets him they'll probobly play him at SF, and if charlotte gets him they'll probobly play him at SG [Kareem Rush is a bust]

Back
Top Bottom