***nba Moves Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***nba Moves Thread***

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Porzingis, Courtney Lee, and Tim Hardaway Jr. just got shipped from the Knickerbockers to the Mavs for Wes Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr., and Deandre Jordan.

I'm surprised to see Porzingis moved...I haven't followed the NBA a whole hell of a lot though.

Word is Prozingis has hated the organization for a few years because of how they treated Melo... and his brother has basically planted it in his head that he needed out.

He and Luca are a great duo for the Mavs while the Knicks are all in on ranking for one of the Duke boys but also have 2 solid building blocks in Knox and DSJ

In other news Anthony Davis is trying to force his way into the Lakers?

I read another article this morning that said Davis is telling teams he's only a one year rental until he can get to play for the Lakers

Porzingis, Courtney Lee, and Tim Hardaway Jr. just got shipped from the Knickerbockers to the Mavs for Wes Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr., and Deandre Jordan.

I'm surprised to see Porzingis moved...I haven't followed the NBA a whole hell of a lot though.

I'm a Knicks fan and just don't understand WTF they are thinking. Porzingis is the best player NY has drafted in a generation and is traded before the end of his rookie contract for what seems like cap space and a bag of oranges. I know the relationship soured but it had to be recoverable. I'd also feel better about getting two first round picks if they weren't out two and four years. I'm also very concerned that regardless of crazy cap space, they may not be able to draw the top free agents without Porzingis. This is definitely a bet on the future and could result in huge success down the road but it really sucks right now.

I'm a Knicks fan and just don't understand WTF they are thinking. Porzingis is the best player NY has drafted in a generation and is traded before the end of his rookie contract for what seems like cap space and a bag of oranges. I know the relationship soured but it had to be recoverable. I'd also feel better about getting two first round picks if they weren't out two and four years. I'm also very concerned that regardless of crazy cap space, they may not be able to draw the top free agents without Porzingis. This is definitely a bet on the future and could result in huge success down the road but it really sucks right now.

Yeah i thought the move was horrible for the knicks. Like you say who knows how this pans out for them in the future but today it doesn't look very good.

The Knicks are the NBA equivalent of the Dolphins.

The Knicks are the NBA equivalent of the Dolphins.

They aren't even mildly mediocre like the Dolphins, they full on suck and have for several years. The Carmelo trade set the franchise back a decade. They had a great young core and traded it all away for a ball hog. Only the Knicks! I can tell you that it's been painful being a Knicks and Dolphins fan over the years, two storied franchises that have fallen off into the abyss.

They aren't even mildly mediocre like the Dolphins, they full on suck and have for several years. The Carmelo trade set the franchise back a decade. They had a great young core and traded it all away for a ball hog. Only the Knicks! I can tell you that it's been painful being a Knicks and Dolphins fan over the years, two storied franchises that have fallen off into the abyss.

Very parallel circumstances though...championship teams in the 70s, they got pretty solid in the 80s/90s, and have fallen off since their star left (Ewing to Sonics, Marino retired). Poor management and coaching decisions have abounded since then.

Very parallel circumstances though...championship teams in the 70s, they got pretty solid in the 80s/90s, and have fallen off since their star left (Ewing to Sonics, Marino retired). Poor management and coaching decisions have abounded since then.

Very true, Cedar, very true.

The Knicks are banking on a superstar or two coming there. That's a very tall hope.

As for the Pelicans, if I'm the owner/GM...I would never trade him to the Lakers. Even if I receive something less from another team. I'm spiteful like that.

The Knicks are banking on a superstar or two coming there. That's a very tall hope.

As for the Pelicans, if I'm the owner/GM...I would never trade him to the Lakers. Even if I receive something less from another team. I'm spiteful like that.

Maybe they'll trade him to the Clippers...kind of a parallel Chris Paul deal. That'd stick in the Lakers craw a bit.

Sounds that way. I read yesterday that the Pelicans weren't going to talk to the Lakers, but now it seems that they are. I wouldn't count Boston out, either.

as long as Boston has Kyrie then the Celts cant go after him this season. I think something to do with 2 bird rights players traded to the same team. And AD is crazy as hell. he is (was) loved in NO. hell the league cheated to get him to the pelicans...yeah really they won the lottery that year over my hornets??? sure the league owned team gets a generational player??? GTFOH..but anyways...sorry seems my hornets always seem to get screwed in the lotto when I a generational player is there... but anyways would've been in his best interest to maybe just play out his contract. I guess LA he gets more endorsements or something, he's not quite the Hollywood appearance type in my eyes like LBJ might be. AD just looked goofy as hell in the Barbershop movie at the end. if they trade for him, they are giving up a boatload of young pieces, LBJ is not young anymore, and seems to be getting a little more fragile as the years go by. its not a team in 4 years from now I see competing for squat.

Ill be honest with you, if KP comes back next year and hasn't skipped a beat, that is the team that AD should've been looking for..

but on the nicks, I really wouldn't mind seeing the hornets see if they could take some kind of flyer on Frank NIticotkkidkisiolocki. I was think he was projected to us when we grabbed malik monk. parker is gone at the end of the year, more than likely cant resign lamb, and he's obsolete now in NY

Back
Top Bottom