***nba Moves Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***nba Moves Thread***

as long as Boston has Kyrie then the Celts cant go after him this season. I think something to do with 2 bird rights players traded to the same team. And AD is crazy as hell. he is (was) loved in NO. hell the league cheated to get him to the pelicans...yeah really they won the lottery that year over my hornets??? sure the league owned team gets a generational player??? GTFOH..but anyways...sorry seems my hornets always seem to get screwed in the lotto when I a generational player is there... but anyways would've been in his best interest to maybe just play out his contract. I guess LA he gets more endorsements or something, he's not quite the Hollywood appearance type in my eyes like LBJ might be. AD just looked goofy as hell in the Barbershop movie at the end. if they trade for him, they are giving up a boatload of young pieces, LBJ is not young anymore, and seems to be getting a little more fragile as the years go by. its not a team in 4 years from now I see competing for squat.

Ill be honest with you, if KP comes back next year and hasn't skipped a beat, that is the team that AD should've been looking for..

but on the nicks, I really wouldn't mind seeing the hornets see if they could take some kind of flyer on Frank NIticotkkidkisiolocki. I was think he was projected to us when we grabbed malik monk. parker is gone at the end of the year, more than likely cant resign lamb, and he's obsolete now in NY

Ntilikina just hasn't ever had the bulb come on for him. He can defend but just can't get his offense together. I think he's a goner and may develop into something special down the road, he just never clicked in NY.

Ntilikina just hasn't ever had the bulb come on for him. He can defend but just can't get his offense together. I think he's a goner and may develop into something special down the road, he just never clicked in NY.

yeah its why I was hoping we could get him cheap ;-) I know someone compared the knicks to the fins, but I think the Hornets are closer to the Fins. always finish each year just a hair out of the playoffs. always seem like theirs potential their to make the post season, but know you wouldn't do **** once you got in, and the entire thing probably needs to be blown the hell up. I love Kemba, and kemba is an allstar unlike RT17. but as long as we have Kemba, we'll never be bad enough to get a top 2-3 pick, but we'll never be good enough to challenge in the playoffs

yeah its why I was hoping we could get him cheap ;-) I know someone compared the knicks to the fins, but I think the Hornets are closer to the Fins. always finish each year just a hair out of the playoffs. always seem like theirs potential their to make the post season, but know you wouldn't do **** once you got in, and the entire thing probably needs to be blown the hell up. I love Kemba, and kemba is an allstar unlike RT17. but as long as we have Kemba, we'll never be bad enough to get a top 2-3 pick, but we'll never be good enough to challenge in the playoffs

There's a chance the front office gets its act together and manages to build a team around Kemba or finds another disgruntled star to trade for. They've just drafted so poorly and made so many bad signings that its almost impossible to see either of those things happening.

Kemba is the best thing that's happened to Hornets basketball since Baron Davis and I can't imagine they would trade him or offer anything less than the max unless he wanted out. There's really no other reason to watch that team other than him and its not like tanking for the next five years is guaranteed to produce someone better.

There's a chance the front office gets its act together and manages to build a team around Kemba or finds another disgruntled star to trade for. They've just drafted so poorly and made so many bad signings that its almost impossible to see either of those things happening.

Kemba is the best thing that's happened to Hornets basketball since Baron Davis and I can't imagine they would trade him or offer anything less than the max unless he wanted out. There's really no other reason to watch that team other than him and its not like tanking for the next five years is guaranteed to produce someone better.

they are in cap hell from over paying marginal talent just to get them to come to charlotte. there is room for some hope for the future...if Monk would ever fix his inconsistency then he good be a great starter at 2, miles bridges has a lot of potential. I am actually happy with the last 2 drafts. rumors of getting Jrue holiday I read today. so that would be an improvement over lamb...

back to topic, even tho us looking into Jrue and also Drummond are actually on topic, just rumors not actual moves. some dumbasses in Arizona posted lonzo was traded to phoenix I believe. ****ed up part will be if it comes true now and who leaked what, or is it just scrapped. I could see the Lakers trying to get as many 1st rounders as possible, maybe that would make the pelicans happier than players

Its hard to see the Pelicans caving in and trading Davis before the offseason and I can't see that being good news for the Lakers. Ingram and Ball aren't exactly trending upward and the longer they play the more time there is to see the flaws. Last season it was still possible to talk yourself into one of them become a franchise cornerstone but the progress just hasn't been there.

Of course if Davis has told them there's only one team he going to sign long term its going to be tough to find too much better elsewhere. I do think at the very least they'll want to see how the lottery shakes out. Zion alone seems far more appealing than anything the Lakers can put together.

tobias harris to philly is a big one but the clippers got what I feel is a LOT more in return.....

phillly....Harris, center Boban Marjanovic and forward Mike Scott

Clippers... Landry Shamet, forwards Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Phillys 2021 and 2023 second-round, 2020 protected first-round pick, unprotected 2021 first-round pick via the Miami Heat.

I really think that this means Phil is saying we are going to win the championship this year or bust. probably is you always hear big 3, now they are trying to say we have a big 4. big 3's egos are hard enuf to keep in order, now you're adding a 4th.

Where as the Clippers are getting Shamet who a lot feel is now a steal late in first round with high potential. phillys 2nd round picks have zero value, and phillys 2020 pick should be in the 20s. not to mention that philly now has traded for two potential FA's in Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris. the second greatest value in this trade for LaC def has to be that unprotected Heat pick.... This year its definitely a 76ers win (unless too many egos), unless they win a championship, are able to resign Butler and Harris, and pull a GSW where they convince veterans to play for them for dirt cheap though, they are probably looking at a lot of issues2 years down the road.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

LaL...reggie bullock

Det... Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, 2nd round pick...

Bullock was a Tar Heel so he's awesome. not a game changing trade IMO but lakers did improve with it. Bullock is a rental that will go from starting to add a 3pt threat off the bench

tobias harris to philly is a big one but the clippers got what I feel is a LOT more in return.....

Great trade by the Clippers. I love Harris but he is going to demand the max and paying it would have crippled that team for years to come. There was no way they should have been able to get what was essentially 3 first rounders for him.

He does look like a good fit for Philly but its going to be a mess if they get bounced early in the playoffs. Can you really pay both Butler and Harris max dollars if this current composition doesn't show itself to be a contender? I don't even know if you can even if it is.

Its going to be a fascinating playoffs.....even in the east. So much on the line for Boston, Toronto, Philly who all need to prove to themselves and to their star free agents that they can contend with what they have. Even Charlotte with Kemba and Milwaukee with Middleton and Bledsoe. Its a shame Miami is in such a bad spot....the minute one of those teams gets knocked out the vultures will start circling and someone with cap space is going to wind up with a new star.

det...thon maker

mem..Stanley Johnson..

don't really know too much about this one since I haven't been to on the up and up on the nba in the last year. I could've sworn for the longest time I kept hearing that thon had the tools to be some generational type talent if he put it all together

det...thon maker

mem..Stanley Johnson..

don't really know too much about this one since I haven't been to on the up and up on the nba in the last year. I could've sworn for the longest time I kept hearing that thon had the tools to be some generational type talent if he put it all together

Two busts getting swapped. They both look the part but haven't managed to put it together on the court.

The Heat shipped TJ and Ellington off for Anderson. Mostly just a swap of bad contract saving the Heat a bit of money. Since Ellington had to approve its assumed hes going to get bought out and sign with a contender. It also clears up some of the backcourt clutter the Heat had.

wish I wouldn't been so damn tired and in bed so early last night . would've been awesome seeing Harrison barnces traded during the friggin hornets game

It is hard to believe anyone is still
wish I wouldn't been so damn tired and in bed so early last night . would've been awesome seeing Harrison barnces traded during the friggin hornets game

I hate to see anyone pin their hopes on Barnes and its hard to like that trade for the Kings when Porter was available for so little. Barnes as a small ball 4 is interesting.....as a 3 trying to take wings off the dribble he is uninspiring. The Kings have something good going with Fox, Hield, and Bagley and I hate this argument that a small market team must feel compelled to overpay mediocrity instead of pursue marquee free agents. Maybe they can't land one of the superstars but they gotta be able to do better than Barnes.

It is hard to believe anyone is still

I hate to see anyone pin their hopes on Barnes and its hard to like that trade for the Kings when Porter was available for so little. Barnes as a small ball 4 is interesting.....as a 3 trying to take wings off the dribble he is uninspiring. The Kings have something good going with Fox, Hield, and Bagley and I hate this argument that a small market team must feel compelled to overpay mediocrity instead of pursue marquee free agents. Maybe they can't land one of the superstars but they gotta be able to do better than Barnes.

it felt friggin insane that we couldn't even get like a 2025 conditional 2nd round pick out of Frank Kaminsky. and as far as Barnes goes, I guess the smaller market teams have to hope at some point that the player he is on his hot nights is the player he stays and he becomes a superstar. the problem is that despite being a small market, charlotte isn't cool like it was in the 90's. we were great at drafting and had talent galore. now it was exciting to see guys like Al Jefferson playing 70's basketball past his prime in the paint, giving nic batums of the world max deals, paying out the ass for old 3/4 wings that have a decent outside game like marvin Williams. honestly a team like charlotte is going to HAVE to hit on 3 or 4 drafts in a row to be contenders and hope the players have some kind of loyalty. a lot of people say that turning down Celtics 3 or 4 #1 picks for the Frank K pick was one of our dumbest moves. the year we drafted MKG...OKC was wanting to trade us James Harden and their first, for the number 2 pick so they could've gotten Beal.

it felt friggin insane that we couldn't even get like a 2025 conditional 2nd round pick out of Frank Kaminsky. and as far as Barnes goes, I guess the smaller market teams have to hope at some point that the player he is on his hot nights is the player he stays and he becomes a superstar.

I've watched Barnes since he was as Carolina and hes never going to be a star. The man is the exact same player he was when he left high school....granted he was a pretty awesome high school player. If I were the Kings I'd be more frightened of the influence hes going to have on the kids they have who could still develop into stars. Hes perfect evidence of the fact that if you have the physical gifts you don't necessarily have to be possessed by the game 24/7 in order to make it big in the NBA.

the problem is that despite being a small market, charlotte isn't cool like it was in the 90's. we were great at drafting and had talent galore. now it was exciting to see guys like Al Jefferson playing 70's basketball past his prime in the paint, giving nic batums of the world max deals, paying out the *** for old 3/4 wings that have a decent outside game like marvin Williams. honestly a team like charlotte is going to HAVE to hit on 3 or 4 drafts in a row to be contenders and hope the players have some kind of loyalty. a lot of people say that turning down Celtics 3 or 4 #1 picks for the Frank K pick was one of our dumbest moves. the year we drafted MKG...OKC was wanting to trade us James Harden and their first, for the number 2 pick so they could've gotten Beal.

I think you have to hit twice. The Sixers got Embiid/Simmons, OKC got Durant/Westbrook, Golden State Curry/Thompson, San Antonio Robinson/Duncan. Charlotte with Oladipo or Beal along with Kemba suddenly becomes a compelling team that if managed right can attract that third star and contend.

Still you can't be too pessimistic as a fan when you've got Kemba. There aren't a whole lot of guys who can do what he does.

Back
Top Bottom