NBA Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Offseason

Ferretsquig

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
[h=1]Emeka Okafor traded to Wizards[/h]
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...-emeka-okafor-trevor-ariza-rashard-lewis-pick

The Wiz get Okafor and Ariza for nothing.....New Orleans cleans the slate to build around Davis and Gordon. I assume this means the Wiz are hoping Charlotte passes on Beal because they have nothing on the perimeter and an embarrassment of riches inside. Vesely, Seraphin, Booker, and Blatche backing up Nene and Okafor.

Also sets up the unlikely but possible scenario of the Hornets going after a second max player to team up with Gordon and Davis either this year or the next.

KG coming back to Boston:

The 36-year-old considered retirement, but ultimately decided to return for an 18th NBA season — and more.

According to an NBA source and a source close to Garnett, the sides are working out the details of a deal that will be for at least two years and could possibly include a third.

“The decision came down to whether KG wanted to keep playing,” said one source. “And once he decided that he did, it was going to be Boston. He wasn't going to leave Doc (River) and those guys and play anywhere else.”

KG back to boston might mean ray allen stays. Heat trading out of the 1st round looked like they were saving money and were not sold on the players left on the board though Moultrie is athletic and grabbed a high amount of rebounds and has good size 6-10.. This could end up being a blown opportunity if Moultrie outperforms Pittman. The 45 pick picked up from philly in exchange for Moultrie we picked up a 7 footer Hamilton some have quoted one of the least athletic player sin the draft though has good mid range game. I kind hoping the heat get kenyon martin or marcus camby all this small ball talk is asking for injuries.

Awesome

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Earning my 10, one at a time on a thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its between the Clippers and Heat at the moment. Can't fault him if he chooses LA.....he'd get more playing time there.

Sources: Nets agree to Hawks trade

The Brooklyn Nets have come to terms with the Atlanta Hawks on a multiplayer trade that will land them All-Star guard Joe Johnson in exchange for several players with expiring contracts, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...e-trade-atlanta-hawks-joe-johnson-sources-say

And per Chris Broussards twitter...

Sources: The Nets & Magic are discussing a trade that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphies, Marshon Brooks..and the Nets' first-round picks in 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018..

If it goes through...Orlando would be ripping the Nets a new one. The dude just had back surgery. WOW!

I think its a pretty lousy deal for the Magic......they can get better from the Rockets even if its just for a one year rental.

If they can somehow get the Magic to go for it, they're a legit threat to the Heat. Wallace and Johnson may be on the downward slope of their careers, but they're still both pretty good players, and in Howard you've got the one player in this league that the Heat have no answer for.

I think its a pretty lousy deal for the Magic......they can get better from the Rockets even if its just for a one year rental.

If they can somehow get the Magic to go for it, they're a legit threat to the Heat. Wallace and Johnson may be on the downward slope of their careers, but they're still both pretty good players, and in Howard you've got the one player in this league that the Heat have no answer for.

i think if ray allen wants to play more and isn't chasing the ring as much the clippers are the way to go...as for this potential trade i haven't seen much of the nets obviously but i'm curious as to why you think that's a lousy deal and what exactly are the rockets offering up if you know

I have no idea what the Rockets have offered. The rumors during draft time centered around their picks, and their efforts to obtain two top picks to entice the Magic. Obviously they didn't manage to do that but they do have a bunch of young talent.

To me the players the Nets are offering are nothing but useless baggage, with the possible exception of Brooks. What's the point in being a good lottery team centered around the vast mediocrity that is Lopez? I'd prefer to follow the path of Cleveland or Toronto, hold onto Howard and offer him up in a sign and trade for a couple first rounders next offseason. In the NBA if you're going to lose its better to really stink up the joint and go for one of those top picks, not struggle to eek out 40 wins and hope you land the 1% of those late first rounders that make it big.

Either get a potential franchise player like Bynum, go the Denver route and get some young talent, or just trash the whole thing and try for a guy like Noel next year. Everyone had given up on the Cavs and Raptors as lost causes two years ago....look where they are now. Irving is a star in the making surrounded by 4 other guys in their early 20s. The team may suck but its exciting for the fans to watch the players grow and they have something to look forward to. If Toronto can get a couple years out of Nash like what we saw last season they'll be one of the most entertaining teams in basketball. To me its much better to go this route than try to be the Bucks or Sixers or Hawks or Pacers trying to build some middling starless team that will never contend for a title.

i get your point...is lopez who i admittedly haven't taken much of a look at a pretty average nba player??? brooks i think is a nice piece those 1st rounders provided the nets do what many would expect with howard and williams would likely be in the back half of the 1st round each year so i can see where there's not a whole lot of value there...kris humphries gives you a rotational guy and glass player

as for the nets though with joe johnson i don't get it...the nets fail to land howard and johnson who is trending down and was always overrated in the postseason at least anyways takes them nowhere...well maybe out of round 1 but even then i doubt it

True story, so i arrive at checkers yesterday all geared with miami heat championship gear, hat and shirt and all. An okc fan spots me right away as i enter checkers, he comes up to me screaming "okc" "okc", i look at this person and im thinking to myself "does this guy know the finals is over and okc lost?" , anyways i got a chuckle out of it, told him we are winning next year again and he gave me that "na it aint happening" type response and that was the end of it. He looked furious seeing a heat fan with champions gear. OO it feels so good to be hated lol. Haters everywhere lol.

Poor magic fans looks like the best the magic can do is bynum for howard. The magic should just concentrate on draft picks suck for a couple years ad pull out some good young players through drafting.

For the Heat it looks like Ray Allen is coming here now that the celtics have Jason terry coming. Only Obstical now is if ray wants to go to lob city and get feed pretty passes from chris paul.

The brooklyn nets are trying to make a big 4 to compete with the heat they have the Russian billionaire owner who can take some tax hits. I say bring it on LBJ is cryptonite to cry baby Howard.

If Nash goes to Knicks that could make that team way more potent and make them second best team in the east.

as for the nets though with joe johnson i don't get it...the nets fail to land howard and johnson who is trending down and was always overrated in the postseason at least anyways takes them nowhere...well maybe out of round 1 but even then i doubt it

The Howard dream isn't over yet......just put on hold for a bit.

If you look beyond the contract, the Nets traded nothing for one of the better SGs in the game. I don't see how that's a bad thing. And if its what convinced Williams to stay, then hes worth every penny.

I don't think that team is going to contend without Howard but they may already be a top 3 team in the east, depending on what happens with Rose. To me you have to put Deron in the conversation as the next best player in the conference, and trending downward or not, Wallace and Johnson are pretty good players. If Avery can coax some sort of defense out of guys like Lopez not really known for their prowess on that end of the court then they can be a pretty good team.

And you know what, give Billy King some credit. This team was nothing when he took over and now hes going to Brooklyn with one of the best players in the league and at the very least a solid playoff squad. For all the criticism he got for giving up too much......who would you rather have, Williams or Favors, Kanter, and Harris? Its not even close.

Back
Top Bottom