NBA Offseason | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Offseason

I don't know why you think they won't have the money. As long as the owner is willing to pay the team can spend. The new CBA has put a few more limitations in place but everyone still has a mid-level exception of one sort or another to use and like the Heat they can just keep adding a piece every year.

I would think the Magic could get a better deal as well. I dunno how much better.....find it hard to believe the Lakers are giving up Bynum if Howard won't agree to a multi-year deal. The Rockets should be desperate enough to take a shot without any guarantees. Then again this a league where Pau Gasol was traded for a lot less, and Chris Paul was about to be traded for a couple of journeymen.

They could add a small piece every year, but that team is nowhere near as enticing as the Heat, which is why they're able to entice players like Ray Allen. To start off, the Nets would have 4 players on the roster worth a damn. 4. Then Teletovic who may or may not be any good, most likely a Ryan Anderson clone which would be a good fit. Everyone else league minimum scrubs. They won't have competent role players for a good while, like the Heat already do in Miller, Chalmers, Haslem, Battier, even Joel who's a very underrated defender. And again, that's IF they even get good role players at all, which is certainly not a given. Not to mention Wade, LeBron, and Bosh are better than Deron, Dwight, and Joe by a rather wide margin. That's just not a championship team unless they plan on waiting a few years to maybe get good role players with the mini MLE.

And I think Dwight would resign with the Lakers, especially now with Nash and with them possibly getting Iguodala, who Howard put on his list of players he'd like to play with, for Pau Gasol. I see Howard going to the Lakers when it's all said and done with myself.

Its possible. The man seems to change his mind every few months. One thing he has been pretty consistent on is not wanting to play second fiddle to anyone, whether it being Rose in Chicago or Kobe or Paul in LA. If the ultimate goal was to win games he would have teamed up with Rose.

Anyone else notice that Cuban dismantled a championship contender so he could have a starting lineup that now consists of:

Beaubois
Vince Carter
Marion
Nowitzki
Haywood

Poor Dirk hangs around for 10 yrs waiting for them to build a solid team around him and when they finally do it gets blown up and now it seems like they're back in the lottery.

Anyone else notice that Cuban dismantled a championship contender so he could have a starting lineup that now consists of:

Beaubois
Vince Carter
Marion
Nowitzki
Haywood

Poor Dirk hangs around for 10 yrs waiting for them to build a solid team around him and when they finally do it gets blown up and now it seems like they're back in the lottery.

that be be one of the worst strating rosters in the NBA.

Hornets to add Ryan Anderson, Bulls add Hinrich

Sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com on Sunday that the Hornets and Orlando Magic reached agreement on a sign-and-trade deal that will send Magic forward Ryan Anderson to New Orleans to play alongside prized rookie Anthony Davis.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...trade-ryan-anderson-orlando-magic-sources-say

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

LAS VEGAS -- Free-agent point guard Kirk Hinrich has verbally agreed to a two-year contract with the Chicago Bulls, according to a league source.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...irk-hinrich-commits-chicago-bulls-source-says

Good lord that's an awful deal for Orlando.

Yeah it is but right now DwightHoward is nothing but a gianthead ache its better to trade him then just keep putting up with him I lost every amount of respect I have for Dwight Howard.

Yeah it is but right now DwightHoward is nothing but a gianthead ache its better to trade him then just keep putting up with him I lost every amount of respect I have for Dwight Howard.

This is true, but for that trade, I'd rather just let him walk in free agency than pay Lopez the type of money that he's going to get while adding non-lottery draft picks. It should be Andrew Bynum or bust for the Magic unless they get some other good trade offer.

Bynum is as useless as Howard if he won't re-sign. Or even more useless, given the fact hes not half as valuable.

Lopez with a max deal isn't worth it, but at 8-10 mil per over 4 yrs hes a tradable commodity and worth the investment. With the high salary floor that was set up teams have to spend the money on someone, so its not like they can empty the roster and go with a bunch of guys on rookie deals. Or they could, but those would become the richest rookie deals in history.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The Magic look like they've painted themselves into a corner but so did the Nuggets and Hornets and both teams got pretty good deals in the end.

Bynum is as useless as Howard if he won't re-sign. Or even more useless, given the fact hes not half as valuable.

Lopez with a max deal isn't worth it, but at 8-10 mil per over 4 yrs hes a tradable commodity and worth the investment. With the high salary floor that was set up teams have to spend the money on someone, so its not like they can empty the roster and go with a bunch of guys on rookie deals. Or they could, but those would become the richest rookie deals in history.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The Magic look like they've painted themselves into a corner but so did the Nuggets and Hornets and both teams got pretty good deals in the end.

Lopez isn't getting just 8-10 million and that's the problem. He's not worth more than that. The Magic would be better off letting Dwight walk, save the cap room, and start from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom