NBA Offseason | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Offseason

Lopez isn't getting the max. Two years ago he was, but not now.

They're going to have cap room whether they bring in a guy like Lopez or not. Now that Anderson is gone the team has no rookie contract players that will demand a sizeable extension and very little in the way of guaranteed salaries after next year. The only real nasty contract is Richardson's, which I'm assuming is going to be included in any deal.

I still think another team will come into the picture, probably the Rockets, Warriors, Pistons, Kings.....some team that's just desperate to be relevant again, even if its only for one year.

Magic and Nets say trade talks are suspended......all the potential sign and trade options are about to disappear and Lopez will get a new deal with the Nets. A team with oodles of cap space could still jump in but I'd guess they'll put everything off until the season starts and all these new contracts are tradable.

Magic and Nets say trade talks are suspended......all the potential sign and trade options are about to disappear and Lopez will get a new deal with the Nets. A team with oodles of cap space could still jump in but I'd guess they'll put everything off until the season starts and all these new contracts are tradable.

Not getting the max eh. Told you. If Hibbert is getting the max, Lopez would too. Pays great to be a decent Center in today's NBA. These dudes are getting overpaid out the ass. Looks like Dwight Howard to the Nets is officially dead. Well this year at least. I suppose they could still land him after Jan. 15th or a sign and trade next offseason, but I very highly doubt it. I've suspected all along he'll be a Laker, and it looks even more likely now.

The Magic win as far as I'm concerned. The return was laughable at best. Brook Lopez with a max contract was more of a negative return than it was a positive, not to mention mediocre draft picks aren't very valuable either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not getting the max eh. Told you. If Hibbert is getting the max, Lopez would too. Pays great to be a decent Center in today's NBA. These dudes are getting overpaid out the ass. Looks like Dwight Howard to the Nets is officially dead. Well this year at least. I suppose they could still land him after Jan. 15th or a sign and trade next offseason, but I very highly doubt it. I've suspected all along he'll be a Laker, and it looks even more likely now.

The Magic win as far as I'm concerned. The return was laughable at best. Brook Lopez with a max contract was more of a negative return than it was a positive, not to mention mediocre draft picks aren't very valuable either.

Hibbert made sense......at least they were bidding against someone for his services. Lopez makes no sense at all. Who else was going to sign the guy to that kind of money?

Dirk gets his buddy Kaman for a season to help ease the pain of being the only half way decent player on a garbage lottery team.

Dallas and Atlanta seem reinvigorated by the Nets' failure. Both are positioning themselves to make a play for two max players next year. Paul, Jenkins, Marvin, Horford, and Howard......now that would be some team.

Luis Scola gets amnestied......would look awesome in a Heat uni. The length of his contract should scare off most of the potential under the cap bidders.

rumor is OKC is trying to make a trade for Dwight, involving Harden-ibaka.

A durant-westbrook-howard combo is scary, hopefully it doesnt happen.

Kinda looks like the Bulls might be throwing away the season in order to get a high lotto pick to pair with Rose.

Could be in for one very dull regular season in the eastern conference.

Back
Top Bottom