NBA Offseason | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA Offseason

Kinda looks like the Bulls might be throwing away the season in order to get a high lotto pick to pair with Rose.

Could be in for one very dull regular season in the eastern conference.

What else is new. The EC has sucked for quite awhile.

Billy King strikes again. Humphries to the Nets for 2 years 24 million. Only King could manage to still be ****ed financially with the worst bench in the league without landing Dwight. Seriously, they're in luxury tax territory on their starters alone.

Humphries was given the contract with Howard in mind. They're still trying to get him and will now be able to take back every long term deal the Magic have.

Speaking of clever finances......amazing how the Mavs retooled with a bunch of good vets all one one year contracts in order to keep their dream of Howard/Paul alive. I think the dream is more fantasy, but gotta give them credit for getting Kaman, Collison, Mayo, and Brand. Still think Cuban made a horrible mistake is breaking up that championship roster to go after Howard......

Knicks don't match, Lin to the Rockets (team that released him) :lol:

Atawn Jamison to the Lakers

Grant Hill to the Clippers

thoughts on courtney lee??? haven't seen him since the postseason when he was with the magic years ago...seems like ainge pulled another rabbit out of the hat with the trade though...

thoughts on courtney lee??? haven't seen him since the postseason when he was with the magic years ago...seems like ainge pulled another rabbit out of the hat with the trade though...

Nothing special. Decent trade though for the Celtics considering what they gave up.

Bulls letting Asik go. There goes that great bench. Watson, Lucas, Korver, Asik, and Brewer......never thought they'd let them all go.

That frontline of Asik/Gibson/Brewer was awesome. Impressive how much they outscored their opponents while on the floor given their complete ineptitude on the offensive end.

I hate when owners make decisions based on the money. It makes no sense otherwise to let Asik go......its not going to help the team in any way, and its not like it'll create any room under the cap for further moves down the road. As the GM you have to watch a coveted asset go for nothing so your boss can pocket another 10 mil.

That frontline of Asik/Gibson/Brewer was awesome. Impressive how much they outscored their opponents while on the floor given their complete ineptitude on the offensive end.

I hate when owners make decisions based on the money. It makes no sense otherwise to let Asik go......its not going to help the team in any way, and its not like it'll create any room under the cap for further moves down the road. As the GM you have to watch a coveted asset go for nothing so your boss can pocket another 10 mil.

It makes all the sense in the world to let a JAG like Asik go when an incompetent organization is offering 3 years $25 million for a backup who's lucky to see the floor for 15 minutes a night. Brewer is another dime a dozen defensive role player.

asiks a tough one...sometimes you wonder with more minutes will you get more production there but then i always come back to his roll in chicago is what it should be...a big off the bench for 10-15 minutes a night...i don't think he's worth that money either...but bigs always get overpaid if they don't embarrass themselves on the floor

Its always difficult to define worth in the NBA. If a team is 20 mil under the cap then is a player who gives 15 minutes a game worth 10 mil? You're going to spend the money anyways.....might as well give it to someone that helps the team. You can't go around comparing player's salaries to determine their worth without taking them in the proper context.

The NBA gives teams every opportunity to retain their own players and I just think its stupid to give up young assets for nothing, unless you're clearing up room for something better. If the plan is to give up for the next two years and go for a max player in 2014 I guess its understandable. But who out there is worth wasting two seasons of Rose's career? Kinda find it hard to believe that Lebron is going to opt out of his Heat deal and bolt to Chicago........I guess anythings possible.

Its always difficult to define worth in the NBA. If a team is 20 mil under the cap then is a player who gives 15 minutes a game worth 10 mil? You're going to spend the money anyways.....might as well give it to someone that helps the team. You can't go around comparing player's salaries to determine their worth without taking them in the proper context.

The NBA gives teams every opportunity to retain their own players and I just think its stupid to give up young assets for nothing, unless you're clearing up room for something better. If the plan is to give up for the next two years and go for a max player in 2014 I guess its understandable. But who out there is worth wasting two seasons of Rose's career? Kinda find it hard to believe that Lebron is going to opt out of his Heat deal and bolt to Chicago........I guess anythings possible.

You're being very generous calling Asik a young asset. He's just another guy. Easily replaced. That money is better spent elsewhere than a mediocre center who won't play much because Joakim Noah is obviously the much better player.

Back
Top Bottom