nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.

could not have said it better. When miami loss to the indiana pacers in game 2 or 3 or w.e, there was tons of bad calls that were favoring the pacers but u know , i still did not blame the refs. At the end of the day, the pacers just out played us, and so i always put it on who played better and never blame the refs. The refs is an easy scapegoat for losing, but again, at the end of the game, blaming the refs aint going to make anyone feel better after losing a game. All it matters is, who gets the W at the end of the game. Look back at that jets-dolphins monday night game where revis should have been called for pass interference, he got away with it and made a crucial pick 6. Do you think the jets gave a damn that the refs help them win that game? no f-ing way, im sure they will take a Win anyway they can get it, hect, look at the saints. LOL

No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

please, you act like the thunder dont get away with anything. I cant count how many times i have seen dwade/lebron get hacked in this series with no calls. If the nba was rigged like u say it is, miami would have won the finals against the mavs. Face it dude, all 4 four games have come down to the wire, and everytime miami has come out on top because they are just the "better" team, thats the same thing magic said after the game. Its starting to show who is the better team. The thunder can keep up with us, they can, but overtake the game from us they canoot because we just dont "let" them. A good example is, game 4, 94-92 thunder, wade makes a crucial block which resulted with james putting us right back on top by 1. 95-94, did the refs help the heat with that block shot and 3 point shot by lbj to give us control again? No. Blaming officials is lame, you blame the thunder who had many chances to take control but just could not make there shots and miami did. 1 more win.

Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!

this post right heres sums it up for me, i dont know how someone can complain about refs after reading this. Im outta here, check back with u all later. 1 more win, go heat!

Again, I'm not going to use officiating as an excuse win or lose, especially in a hypothetical situation. Like I said, no one can control how the game is officiated. That's why I'll never let it get to me, positively or negatively. You've gotta learn to adjust and move on...as a team, player, or coach. Control what you can control. The Heat are definitely doing a better job of it.

The fact that you are using officiating as a major scapegoat for the Heat being up 3-1 is just laughable, IMO. There's so many other reasons why the Heat are getting it done and the Thunder are not. A couple of calls or miscalls is not going to change the fact that the Heat are the better team right now, now matter how much you scream "foul".

i think its laughable that you think the thunder should just "overcome" the terrible officiating...like they should be above the officials or something...that's laughable...ha ha...just overcome your best player having to sit for long periods of time in the nba finals due to garbage calls...just overcome lebon james every time anyone touches him gets called for ticky tack calls that put james at the line for 2 shots over and over just overcome missed foul calls on your superstar in final one possession games that could have tied the game...just overcome

please...and those stats you pump out like hot cakes mean squat if you look at things in a game by game and possession by possession basis...it's just ignorant

please, you act like the thunder dont get away with anything. I cant count how many times i have seen dwade/lebron get hacked in this series with no calls. If the nba was rigged like u say it is, miami would have won the finals against the mavs. Face it dude, all 4 four games have come down to the wire, and everytime miami has come out on top because they are just the "better" team, thats the same thing magic said after the game. Its starting to show who is the better team. The thunder can keep up with us, they can, but overtake the game from us they canoot because we just dont "let" them. A good example is, game 4, 94-92 thunder, wade makes a crucial block which resulted with james putting us right back on top by 1. 95-94, did the refs help the heat with that block shot and 3 point shot by lbj to give us control again? No. Blaming officials is lame, you blame the thunder who had many chances to take control but just could not make there shots and miami did. 1 more win.
First off, I said the NBA isn't rigged. I completely agree that the Heat outplayed the Thunder in games 3 and 4. My only issue with the officiating was in game 2 on the final play.

i think its laughable that you think the thunder should just "overcome" the terrible officiating...like they should be above the officials or something...that's laughable...ha ha...just overcome your best player having to sit for long periods of time in the nba finals due to garbage calls...just overcome lebon james every time anyone touches him gets called for ticky tack calls that put james at the line for 2 shots over and over just overcome missed foul calls on your superstar in final one possession games that could have tied the game...just overcome

please...and those stats you pump out like hot cakes mean squat if you look at things in a game by game and possession by possession basis...it's just ignorant

blaming the officials is standard operating procedure for sore losers. I mean, what else are you going to do? surely you are not going to admit that miami is just the better team with the better talent. Ofcourse not. You sound like you are just a bit too dissappointed that your thunder are letting you down, face it, there good but not "that" good yet. They have issues that needs fixing on that team and outside of ibaka there defense stinks. Officials dont determine nba finals outcome, the players performances do, period. If the officials are favoring miami so much like u say miami would have beaten the mavs last year in the finals. Mavs beat the heat with these so called officials that favor the heat like u say, the better team will always prevail, just not your thunder though, they are "special" , just stop dude.

First off, I said the NBA isn't rigged. I completely agree that the Heat outplayed the Thunder in games 3 and 4. My only issue with the officiating was in game 2 on the final play.

again, your blaming a hole game on 1 crucial play that was questinable whether it was a foul or not, the officials didnt think so and neither did i. There was body to body contact but to me it did not look like it warranted a foul. Durant was in the air and never lost his balance and got a great shot off, he just choked and missed a great look. Even if the thunder tie the game it still doesnt mean they win that game, miami gets the ball back tied up with a chance to win a buzzer beater. That game was favored to go the heat the hole way thru and thru, the thunder tried to steal it and choked, some ppl can accept it, some cant, point blank period.

blaming the officials is standard operating procedure for sore losers. I mean, what else are you going to do? surely you are not going to admit that miami is just the better team with the better talent. Ofcourse not. You sound like you are just a bit too dissappointed that your thunder are letting you down, face it, there good but not "that" good yet. They have issues that needs fixing on that team and outside of ibaka there defense stinks. Officials dont determine nba finals outcome, the players performances do, period. If the officials are favoring miami so much like u say miami would have beaten the mavs last year in the finals. Mavs beat the heat with these so called officials that favor the heat like u say, the better team will always prevail, just not your thunder though, they are "special" , just stop dude.

i'm not even a thunder fan...so in the end it doesn't matter all that much to me...although i'd like to see em get a fair shake...and they haven't

take your sore loser stuff somewhere else...your lost

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

that's your only issue with the officiating??? yeesh...

by the way the mavs beat the heat last year cause jason terry straight iced em from long range in the clutch and jason kidd hit some big 3's off the kick out and in the 4th quarter nowitzki stepped it up...that and the mavs zone d gave the heat fits...zone still gives bron and wade problems...and finally cause bron did not have a good series

that had nothing to do with officiating...

i'm not even a thunder fan...so in the end it doesn't matter all that much to me...although i'd like to see em get a fair shake...and they haven't

take your sore loser stuff somewhere else...your lost

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

that's your only issue with the officiating??? yeesh...
There was more than that, it was just the first one that came to mind.

:lol: Ignorant is the fact that you're putting this whole series on officiating...that's what's ignorant! There's PLENTY of reasons why the Heat are outplaying the Thunder so far...everyone here has given you fair reasons why the Miami Heat are up 3-1, but you stand by you stand by you bullheaded argument of blaming the refs! It's preposterous quite frankly.

To me, it just sounds personal and sour grapes because you happen to be a Boston Celtics fan and you REFUSE to give the LBJ & the Heat any credit for taking this series so far since they happened to beat your team. But hey, one opinion is not going to change the fact that the Miami Heat have been a better team so far. So again, sulk all you want about the refs...tell us to get lost because "we don't know what we're talking about". In the end, the truth will be told. Thank you!

by the way the mavs beat the heat last year cause jason terry straight iced em from long range in the clutch and jason kidd hit some big 3's off the kick out and in the 4th quarter nowitzki stepped it up...that and the mavs zone d gave the heat fits...zone still gives bron and wade problems...and finally cause bron did not have a good series

that had nothing to do with officiating...

Uhhhh, this year no one on the Thunder is icing them from long range in the clutch. In the 4th quarter, the "big" star for the Thunder (Durant) isn't stepping up in the clutch on a consistent basis. The Miami Heat ARE making the offensive adjustments to whatever the Thunder throw at them defensively. And finally, last but not least...LeBron is having a GREAT finals so far! All that has NOTHING to do with officiating.

:lol: Ignorant is the fact that you're putting this whole series on officiating...that's what's ignorant! There's PLENTY of reasons why the Heat are outplaying the Thunder so far...everyone here has given you fair reasons why the Miami Heat are up 3-1, but you stand by you stand by you bullheaded argument of blaming the refs! It's preposterous quite frankly.

To me, it just sounds personal and sour grapes because you happen to be a Boston Celtics fan and you REFUSE to give the LBJ & the Heat any credit for taking this series so far since they happened to beat your team. But hey, one opinion is not going to change the fact that the Miami Heat have been a better team so far. So again, sulk all you want about the refs...tell us to get lost because "we don't know what we're talking about". In the end, the truth will be told. Thank you!

i could care less what it sounds like to you...i guess i got to go on a basketball board if i want to talk hoops...the people that can here are few and far between...

Uhhhh, this year no one on the Thunder is icing them from long range in the clutch. In the 4th quarter, the "big" star for the Thunder (Durant) isn't stepping up in the clutch on a consistent basis. The Miami Heat ARE making the offensive adjustments to whatever the Thunder throw at them defensively. And finally, last but not least...LeBron is having a GREAT finals so far! All that has NOTHING to do with officiating.

just stop...you sound more lost by the minute...durant hasn't been stepping up in the 4th quarters and in the clutch...ha ha...what game are you watching...clueless

just stop...you sound more lost by the minute...durant hasn't been stepping up in the 4th quarters and in the clutch...ha ha...what game are you watching...clueless

:bobdole: Just like he did last night right? Batman deferring to Robin because he couldn't handle the big moment! Same thing they said about LeBron last year right??? In the meantime, LBJ is hitting CLUTCH 3 pointers on a crampy leg. Oh, but yeah, I bet it was THAT was the refs fault too, right? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom