nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

ferret seems like a guy who knows the game and understands the momentum swings and how certain calls etc can tip things the other way...i wonder if he would say that this series has been called fairly...probably not cause he's a heat fan...

i've laid out a ton of examples throughout this thread of shoddy officiating or bad calls some downright awful a few ok yeah thats debatable...no one wants to come in here and argue the merit of those calls i made examples of either cause either they don't think i'm in the wrong they don't know enough to or and this probably applies for a lot of heat fans they don't care...

if i'm wrong then let me know...lets debate it...i got a month and a half til training camp ha ha...just don't come soft

i could care less what it sounds like to you...i guess i got to go on a basketball board if i want to talk hoops...the people that can here are few and far between...

That's the problem! You aren't talking hoops! You're blaming officiating every chance you get! Gimme a break!

You're going to see what you want to see......objectivity is not the realm of the sports fan. I'm sure you go find some youtube video where a fan goes through his tevo and shows how Westbrook was fouled every time he went to the rim and Durant was hit every play before touching the ball. I remember some bitter carolina fan doing it for Rivers last year.....showing how he lifts his pivot foot every single play prior to putting the ball on the floor. As a tar heel fan would I have liked to see him get called for it? Sure, why not. But I also can recognize how quick and subtle the kid is and how difficult it would be to see.....and how horrible a game would be if you stopped play every single time you saw someone shuffling their feet.

Durant missed a shot hes hit many times before. Westbrook missed a shot he probably shouldn't have been taking, but again one hes hit in the gym a few hundred thousand times. If those shots had gone down you wouldn't be here bitterly lamenting the quality of the officiating.....that would be the Heat fans.

by the way the mavs beat the heat last year cause jason terry straight iced em from long range in the clutch and jason kidd hit some big 3's off the kick out and in the 4th quarter nowitzki stepped it up...that and the mavs zone d gave the heat fits...zone still gives bron and wade problems...and finally cause bron did not have a good series

that had nothing to do with officiating...

lmao, so when the heat lose the officials have nothing to do it but when we win they are always a scapegoat for the other team? lmao, come on, the blaming of officials is a joke and lame. Its like when the dolphins lose the to the patriots, the officials always favor brady and the pats, but in the end, refs dont decide the game, the players performance always do and the patriots always out perform us and also have the much better talent and coaching. Hopefully that changes under philbin but really, come back to earth buddy.

bill simmons even makes mention of a few officiating related things in this column...and he's right...although i'd argue that 50/50 calls is kind at best...and he also acknowledges the 4th foul on durant was the worst all postseason...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8077467/that-boy-competed

b/t ferret those missed shots by durant and brook could still have gone in and they may have somehow found a way to win yesterday and i would still be saying that in games 2-4 especially the thunder have been getting jobbed...by the way you didn't answer my question...has this series been called fairly??? yes or no

can't believe there's not one heat fan on this forum who will come in and say we are really getting the whistle in this series...

Last edited by a moderator:
bill simmons even makes mention of a few officiating related things in this column...and he's right...although i'd argue that 50/50 calls is kind at best...and he also acknowledges the 4th foul on durant was the worst all postseason...

b/t ferret those missed shots by durant and brook could still have gone in and they may have somehow found a way to win yesterday and i would still be saying that in games 2-4 especially the thunder have been getting jobbed...by the way you didn't answer my question...has this series been called fairly??? yes or no

can't believe there's not one heat fan on this forum who will come in and say we are really getting the whistle in this series...

:lol: Unbelievable.

Just stop already, for christ sakes, games are coming down to the wire, bad calls on both sides, miami is finding ways to win at end of the games, thats the truth. An example, the 50/50 ball when the game was tied up 94-94 i think and haslem deflected the ball right to chalmers , chalmers steps back behind the line and hits a 3 giving miami not only the lead but also momentum. Daggers like that are hard to come back from, thunder never took the lead after that play. Haslem out jumped 2 thunder players to deflect that ball to chamers, thats the plays that are winning these games, miami has more hustle, more talent, more of a complete team like lebron said at the post game conference. Officiating has been great, its your thunder that can not maintain there 18 point leads that cost you the game. Not even the official can help miami come back from a 18 point lead or whatever it was.

Just stop already, for christ sakes, games are coming down to the wire, bad calls on both sides, miami is finding ways to win at end of the games, thats the truth. An example, the 50/50 ball when the game was tied up 94-94 i think and haslem deflected the ball right to chalmers , chalmers steps back behind the line and hits a 3 giving miami not only the lead but also momentum. Daggers like that are hard to come back from, thunder never took the lead after that play. Haslem out jumped 2 thunder players to deflect that ball to chamers, thats the plays that are winning these games, miami has more hustle, more talent, more of a complete team like lebron said at the post game conference. Officiating has been great, its your thunder that can not maintain there 18 point leads that cost you the game. Not even the official can help miami come back from a 18 point lead or whatever it was.

officiating has been great...i bet it has if you're a heat fan...i will stop...stop responding to your nonsense...good day marshall...

go ahead and thumbs down this one too...

officiating has been great...i bet it has if you're a heat fan...i will stop...stop responding to your nonsense...good day marshall...

go ahead and thumbs down this one too...

i proved you wrong and you got nothing to say. priceless. Btw, u got a thumbs down :)

I have no idea. I come at it from a Heat fan's perspective so of course the missed fouls that I'm going to remember most clearly are those committed by the Thunder. If you asked for me to recite a list of the blatant blown calls in game 4 I'd come up with about 7 on the Thunder and 2 on the Heat. Does that mean the Heat were getting robbed or I have a built in bias? I tend to think more the latter than the former.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hooshoops

you blow a 17 point lead in a short time span and want to try and blame the refs for it? im just having a hard time wondering how in the hell the refs can accomplish such a task.

you blow a 17 point lead in a short time span and want to try and blame the refs for it? im just having a hard time wondering how in the hell the refs can accomplish such a task.

i'm not talking about the 17 point lead...they did blow that...but that kind of thing happens in the nba all the time...they took some ill advised too early in the shot clock jumpers and forced some things and the heat capitalized...

i proved you wrong and you got nothing to say. priceless. Btw, u got a thumbs down :)

you haven't proven squat...know hoops like you know football...neither carry any weight with me if i'm being honest

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom