NCAA March Madness | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA March Madness

I hate that the 4 ACC teams played each other. That sucks, we could have had an all ACC Final Four.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I hate that the 4 ACC teams played each other. That sucks, we could have had an all ACC Final Four.

yeah. Though there's going to be one acc team in the championship game. Great game adjustments by Boeheim. a great coach. It's going to be a matchup of great, most likely hall of fame coaches this saturday with Boeheim vs Roy Williams. It would have been nice with it spread out by the regions so could have been more acc teams go further on the other regions. Though there was miami and Duke and they couldn't continue on.

yeah. Though there's going to be one acc team in the championship game. Great game adjustments by Boeheim. a great coach. It's going to be a matchup of great, most likely hall of fame coaches this saturday with Boeheim vs Roy Williams. It would have been nice with it spread out by the regions so could have been more acc teams go further on the other regions. Though there was miami and Duke and they couldn't continue on.
The Man trying to hold us down!

The Man trying to hold us down!

It would be interesting if it ends up being Villanova vs Syracuse for championship game. Because it would be former big east rivals playing each other and a long time familar match up with nova and cuse. I'm surprised nova never crossed over to acc considering they have been a very good big east team for many years and many other former big east teams have.

Even though in separate conferences, that's one match up where I think both teams would still remember or be familiar with each other's style because of the many years of playing each other. Also since cuse has always played the zone defense under boeheim and nova having played cuse many times when cuse was in the big east have faced and played against it before and cuse playing nova.

Not shocked Kansas didn't make the FF again, if not for kendall Marshall getting hurt in the 2012 Tourney Bill Self would only have 1 FF on his resume.

it feels like it has been 20 years since the heels made the FF, this has been such a fun group and they are playing really well. Should be a fun Final Four with, hopefully, the Heels cutting down the nets next Monday Night.

It would be interesting if it ends up being Villanova vs Syracuse for championship game. Because it would be former big east rivals playing each other and a long time familar match up with nova and cuse. I'm surprised nova never crossed over to acc considering they have been a very good big east team for many years and many other former big east teams have.

Even though in separate conferences, that's one match up where I think both teams would still remember or be familiar with each other's style because of the many years of playing each other. Also since cuse has always played the zone defense under boeheim and nova having played cuse many times when cuse was in the big east have faced and played against it before and cuse playing nova.
I don't think that Villanova has the chops in football to be in the ACC. We already struggle with the perception that outside of a handful of teams, the conference is mediocre at best. However, I would love to have them as a basketball member and would welcome them if they could get their football team a little stronger.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Not shocked Kansas didn't make the FF again, if not for kendall Marshall getting hurt in the 2012 Tourney Bill Self would only have 1 FF on his resume.

it feels like it has been 20 years since the heels made the FF, this has been such a fun group and they are playing really well. Should be a fun Final Four with, hopefully, the Heels cutting down the nets next Monday Night.
As long as one of the ACC teams win it, I will be happy.

I don't think that Villanova has the chops in football to be in the ACC. We already struggle with the perception that outside of a handful of teams, the conference is mediocre at best. However, I would love to have them as a basketball member and would welcome them if they could get their football team a little stronger.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

As long as one of the ACC teams win it, I will be happy.

Oh yeah I wasn't think about the football side of the acc. Villanova is a basketball school, like some teams are and vice versa. I don't think I heard of villanova as far as football, so they can;t be good on the football side. But from the basketball side, it would be intriguing if they were in the acc group, because they usually are a good or very good team, so they'd fit in with the acc as far as former big east teams coming over. But then against syracuse is not that good as far as a football team.

They haven't been for a long time and they haven't done much in the less competitive big east as far as football and then they go to acc with better football teams and it hasn't fared well for cuse.. Last times cuse was pretty good was in the 90s when Mcnabb was qb throwing to hall of fame WR Marvin Harrison. Quite a combo there huh? But they still were limited then, because I remember when cuse finally got to a big bowl game and to the orange bowl against a dominant football Seminoles team and got absolutely crushed ha and came back to reality fast. The last time cuse was really good in football was the 70ss and 50s and hey days, back when Larry Cszonka played for them. Yes our dolphins HOf's alma matter was Syracuse and don't forget arguable the best RB of all time, Jim Brown and also who was really, really good at lacrosse too.

Oh yeah I wasn't think about the football side of the acc. Villanova is a basketball school, like some teams are and vice versa. I don't think I heard of villanova as far as football, so they can;t be good on the football side. But from the basketball side, it would be intriguing if they were in the acc group, because they usually are a good or very good team, so they'd fit in with the acc as far as former big east teams coming over. But then against syracuse is not that good as far as a football team.

They haven't been for a long time and they haven't done much in the less competitive big east as far as football and then they go to acc with better football teams and it hasn't fared well for cuse.. Last times cuse was pretty good was in the 90s when Mcnabb was qb throwing to hall of fame WR Marvin Harrison. Quite a combo there huh? But they still were limited then, because I remember when cuse finally got to a big bowl game and to the orange bowl against a dominant football Seminoles team and got absolutely crushed ha and came back to reality fast. The last time cuse was really good in football was the 70ss and 50s and hey days, back when Larry Cszonka played for them. Yes our dolphins HOf's alma matter was Syracuse and don't forget arguable the best RB of all time, Jim Brown and also who was really, really good at lacrosse too.

'Nova football is FCS so that wouldn't have worked. The latest expansion was geared more toward basketball but at least SU has an FBS football program. if not they wouldn't have been invited.

'Nova football is FCS so that wouldn't have worked. The latest expansion was geared more toward basketball but at least SU has an FBS football program. if not they wouldn't have been invited.

Are you talking about the latest expansion of the ACC?

Are you talking about the latest expansion of the ACC?

yes, when they raided the Big East. UL, SU, Pitt all have good basketball programs and the ability to at least compete in football. ND came for basketball as well. When the ACC was initially ruined as a basketball conference was when they expanded for football in the 00s bringing Miami, Va Tech, BC and went from big time football schools to mediocrity so they didn't upgrade football and dragged basketball down.

yes, when they raided the Big East. UL, SU, Pitt all have good basketball programs and the ability to at least compete in football. ND came for basketball as well. When the ACC was initially ruined as a basketball conference was when they expanded for football in the 00s bringing Miami, Va Tech, BC and went from big time football schools to mediocrity so they didn't upgrade football and dragged basketball down.

Conference realignment has always been about 2 things: TV eyes and football. Basketball, even in the ACC was only a secondary discussion. The very reason why U of L is in the ACC rather than UConn is because of U of L's football program, our basketball program is only a plus. UConn's football program is a joke. 98% of the sporting world only cares about college basketball during one month a year. Indiana, Kentucky, and tobacco road are the only areas that watch college basketball religiously and those areas don't have enough eyes to worry about. EVERYONE watches college football, so they pulled in Pitt and Cuse to get those TV markets.

If you think anything otherwise then you don't understand the economics of college athletics. I mean I thought everyone know why the realignment happened the way it did?

I checked out of the Cuse game because I was hungover and had the meat sweats and was regretfull the next morning that I did.

Conference realignment has always been about 2 things: TV eyes and football. Basketball, even in the ACC was only a secondary discussion. The very reason why U of L is in the ACC rather than UConn is because of U of L's football program, our basketball program is only a plus. UConn's football program is a joke. 98% of the sporting world only cares about college basketball during one month a year. Indiana, Kentucky, and tobacco road are the only areas that watch college basketball religiously and those areas don't have enough eyes to worry about. EVERYONE watches college football, so they pulled in Pitt and Cuse to get those TV markets.

If you think anything otherwise then you don't understand the economics of college athletics. I mean I thought everyone know why the realignment happened the way it did?

the last bunch of teams brought into the ACC were to improve basketball. UL has a nice football program but they are not a Nat'l power. UConn wasn't accepted mostly b/c of academics. They have a football program similar to Pitt and Syracuse.

Pitt and SU markets are meaningless just as the Boston market was when they brought BC on. I agree most decisions are driven by football which is how college sports got ruined in the first place but this expansion was more about basketball and it has paid off quickly.

the last bunch of teams brought into the ACC were to improve basketball. UL has a nice football program but they are not a Nat'l power. UConn wasn't accepted mostly b/c of academics. They have a football program similar to Pitt and Syracuse.

Pitt and SU markets are meaningless just as the Boston market was when they brought BC on. I agree most decisions are driven by football which is how college sports got ruined in the first place but this expansion was more about basketball and it has paid off quickly.

UConn has much better academics than U of L does.

You know what, I'll just drop it. I don't feel like beating my head against a wall in this thread about the NCAA tournament.

UConn has much better academics than U of L does.

You know what, I'll just drop it. I don't feel like beating my head against a wall in this thread about the NCAA tournament.

My mistake on UConn, I heard that somewhere but I think I got the schools confused. Either way why do you have to act like a jerk all the time? they expanded w/ an eye on basketball this time. that is indisputable. Gaining those markets for football was meaningless, it's like the Big 10 adding Rutgers. That doesn't mean they didn't take football into consideration but the move was made w/ the idea of getting back to the ACC being the best conf every year like it was pre expansion.

The latest round of ACC expansion, the one driven by basketball instead of football,

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-de****/article64584677.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-de****/article64584677.html

The latest round of expansion will do little for football.

But after diminishing its stature with each football-inspired expansion, the ACC has finally gotten it right for basketball this time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...37dca6-a085-11e3-b8d8-94577ff66b28_story.html

Back
Top Bottom