NCAA March Madness | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA March Madness

Would love to see a Cinderella team like Syracuse make it all the way.

A lot of talking heads think the cuse doesn't deserve to be in the tournament at all. Does anyone else agree that Syracuse didn't deserve a spot in the tournament? I don't thibk they earned a 10 seed but i thought they deserved to be in it still

A lot of talking heads think the cuse doesn't deserve to be in the tournament at all. Does anyone else agree that Syracuse didn't deserve a spot in the tournament? I don't thibk they earned a 10 seed but i thought they deserved to be in it still
Damn near every ACC team could make an argument that they should be in the tournament. Cuse is a good team and they shut the non-believers up. It just sucks that they play NC, the Heels are tough!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Damn near every ACC team could make an argument that they should be in the tournament. Cuse is a good team and they shut the non-believers up. It just sucks that they play NC, the Heels are tough!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah i had box seats for the su nc game in Syracuse and they hung on till the end. Nc is too big for them interesting match up tonight

Yeah i had box seats for the su nc game in Syracuse and they hung on till the end. Nc is too big for them interesting match up tonight

Yeah but Virginia had talented big men too and better perimeter shooters which is a weakness for the zone defense. And cuse beat virginia who they've never beaten since going tot he ACC. I think Virginia is just as good as UNC with a better defense and cuse beat them. Obviously cuse has a big task at hand, but I don't think it's too much for cuse. Obviously is going to have to play their A game, but don't forget cuse has beaten Unc before as well as duke and Boeheim beat Roy williams team back in the championship when He coached Kansas. There was a stat about how UNC averaged 30 pt average wins or so in aCC tournment or coming up to through this tournament.

The two wins they have on Cuse were a combined 16pts. Even the first one was misleading, where it was close up intil the last few minutes and the last game was won just by 5 and this is with a cuse team that was inconsisten and seems to be doing well now as they are starting to click from the growing pains of having a young roster.

As we know from the dolphins unfortunatley, you can't overlooked conference or division rivals and familiarity. Sure UNC is familier with cuse's zone, but cuse is familar with unc too. And I think the biggest thing that helps cuse is they are playing with house money. People don't realize how much that can help too. Sure cuse players want to win, but nobody expected to be this far let alone be in the tournament. UNC though, they are seen as arguably as the best team in the nation especially after kansas lost. They are supposed to win it all, not cuse. That's a heavy, pressure build burden. That's alot for older, professional athletes let alone kids in the college game, who could be fazed by it. We;ll see. Obviously UNC is scary because they are so talented, and cuse can not allow themselves to get in a hole like they did against virginia or else they aren't climbing back. But if cuse can play strong and keep pace with UNC, it could be interesting..

I get why they are seen that way because they are a #10 seed, but it's still weird to call them a cinderella team. Like many analysts couldn't find themselves to see it that way despite the seeding of cuse, because like some have said. Syracuse as far as the basketball program goes is a "Blue blood", and many teams who are cinderellas are team that aren't really that talented, but over achieve. Cuse has talent, but have been inconsistent through the season, got another life and then started clicking. I know cuse hasn't won it all, so I don't mean the comparison in that sense, but in the sense of them picking up fire in the playoffs makes me think of the NY Giants playoff runs in '07 and '12.

Good job Unc ... I thought cuse had a chance and would play tougher but there's a reason Unc is considered one of the best teams in the nation. They are stacked . I didn't care for the blatant avoidance of cuse fans boeheim or cuse highlights in the game. This anti cuse bull****

I think my uva boys would have given carolina a better game...that zone took uva out...two terrible final 4 games

nova has a team of destiny look but carolina just seems too talented and too front court deep

I think my uva boys would have given carolina a better game...that zone took uva out...two terrible final 4 games

nova has a team of destiny look but carolina just seems too talented and too front court deep

I do think Villanova's pressure will give UNC more problems than Syracuse's 2-3, but the most likely outcome seems to be that UNC may struggle more than normal, but their ability to dominate the boards will be too much for Villanova. Villanova has to force TO's and make a high percentage of 3's to win. I grew up a UNC and UCLA fan, but I'll be rooting for Villanova.

Cuse was starting to get it together toward the second half. Paige just kept hitting those dagger 3s!

Cuse was starting to get it together toward the second half. Paige just kept hitting those dagger 3s!

They didn't deserve a spot but give them all the credit for taking advantage of the spot they got. That team should be really good next year, there won't be any debate come selection Sunday.

I do think Villanova's pressure will give UNC more problems than Syracuse's 2-3, but the most likely outcome seems to be that UNC may struggle more than normal, but their ability to dominate the boards will be too much for Villanova. Villanova has to force TO's and make a high percentage of 3's to win. I grew up a UNC and UCLA fan, but I'll be rooting for Villanova.

Carolina is tough to pressure, they have a bunch of good ballhandlers and good passing big men. we saw how SU came back against UVa pressing and when they tried that against Carolina it killed them. 'Nova is a better pressure D but that speeds the game up and plays into Carolina's hands.

This matchup is really interesting, Carolina has too much down low for 'Nova but 'Nova creates matchup problems w/ their smaller lineup. carolina has used a smaller lineup and had success so we'll see what happens. Should be a great game.

they had a nice 10-0 run and were getting that comeback look. That first Piage 3 was HUGE. Settled the game back down and Carolina cruised. Syracuse looked gassed late, that is another edge Carolina has- depth. Their best player goes out midway through the first half in a tie game, they don't hit a 3 all first half yet they go into the locker room up 11.

Good lord Villanova can shoot. Should be a good game tomorrow.

If they shoot 70% again I will go out on a limb and say they win tonight:D My hope is they got all the good shooting out of their system on saturday.

'Nova has done a GREAT job taking away other teams best players but Carolina doesn't rely on just Brice Johnson so this will be 'Nova's toughest test and it will be Carolina's toughest test. Looking forward to tonight.

The Nova - OK game was misleading in many regards. OK was not prepared to play in a game officiated that loosely. With only 4 fouls called in the first half, OK wasn't getting the calls they're used to and were unprepared to muck up a game to make it low scoring. Nova in turn shot the lights out with shots they're used to taking.

Tonight's game is going to be interesting. UNC, coming from the ACC, is used to that type of officiating and they'll be ready for it. UNC will have to up their perimeter defense and Nova is going to have to challenge UNC on the backboard. They can't let UNC get their usual number of offensive rebounds and UNC is going to have to handle Nova's defense.

In the end I think UNC takes this by 4 or 6 points due to free throws at the end. But it I'll add that Nova can most certainly win this ball game and it wouldn't surprise me if they did. This one is going to be low scoring I think. Nova is going to muck this game flow up as long as the refs are playing along. I think it will be something like 64-60 or 68-62.

Back
Top Bottom