NCAA March Madness | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA March Madness

Obviously I'm hoping for a Carolina win recognizing that it will be a tough game, but the reason I came here to post was a thought that I just had. It is pretty clear the Final Four will be played in a football stadium from here on out due to the sheer number of tickets that can be sold. With Miami adding a roof this year how awesome would it be for Miami to host a Final Four? Huge multi-day event filled with people flush with cash. Would be a huge revenue boost for the area and exciting destination for fans.

Obviously I'm hoping for a Carolina win recognizing that it will be a tough game, but the reason I came here to post was a thought that I just had. It is pretty clear the Final Four will be played in a football stadium from here on out due to the sheer number of tickets that can be sold. With Miami adding a roof this year how awesome would it be for Miami to host a Final Four? Huge multi-day event filled with people flush with cash. Would be a huge revenue boost for the area and exciting destination for fans.

If you're talking about Dolphin's stadium hosting it, then that roof isn't a full roof, like a dome. Its more like a shade roof for the stands. The stadium will still be open in the middle. The NCAA would never hold the Final 4 in an outdoor setting. Weather is just too unpredictable for an indoor sport like basketball.

If you're talking about Dolphin's stadium hosting it, then that roof isn't a full roof, like a dome. Its more like a shade roof for the stands. The stadium will still be open in the middle. The NCAA would never hold the Final 4 in an outdoor setting. Weather is just too unpredictable for an indoor sport like basketball.

Interesting, I had thought the intent was always to make it closable if necessary like NRG and Lucas Oil.

The last non Dome Final four was at the Meadowlands Arena in 1996. They were the last to get a bid before they changed the rule.

I know this sounds redundant considering the last game from nova, but wow nova can shoot

Holy **** what a great championship game. That sucks for unc, man losing to buzzer beaters suck especially when climbing back into and that incredible three to tie it only for a game winning three from nova to answer right back

After 2 clunkers for Final 4 games, this championship game delivered big time. Too bad it was on TBS and not CBS. Ratings will probably be the lowest its ever had.

Great ending but the officiating was atrocious in favor of Nova. They were allowed to be as physical as they wanted and Carolina was called for nothing but touch fouls. that non foul foul at the end of the 1st half was a 4 point swing and a HUGE difference. Then that travelk they called a foul w/ 30 secs left and Carolina down 1. Just atrocious and a travesty.

I really like Jay Wright and I like this 'Nova team, congrats to them for taking advantage but if the game is even close to being called the same for both teams Carolina wins by double digits.

Back
Top Bottom