NCAA to Restore Penn St. Postseason Eligibility Effective Immediately | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA to Restore Penn St. Postseason Eligibility Effective Immediately

Gonzo

Who dat?
Club Member
Reaction score
[tweet]509046522390904832[/tweet]

Amazing. Big Ten starts off the year looking like complete ****, so the NCAA scrambles to prop it up, and all while the news is focused on the big news in the NFL.

:bobdole:

[tweet]509046522390904832[/tweet]

Amazing. Big Ten starts off the year looking like complete ****, so the NCAA scrambles to prop it up, and all while the news is focused on the big news in the NFL.

:bobdole:

Appalling. Absolutely disgraceful to the victims.

Its amazing how those children/adults are always the last thing on peoples mind. But hey, a ****ing game is more important than the years of misery they suffered, amirite?!?!

Prioritizing successful football over ethics is exactly what got that scumbag school into trouble in the first place. :bobdole:

Appalling. Absolutely disgraceful to the victims.

Its amazing how those children/adults are always the last thing on peoples mind. But hey, a ****ing game is more important than the years of misery they suffered, amirite?!?!

Prioritizing successful football over ethics is exactly what got that scumbag school into trouble in the first place. :bobdole:

Is there any reason for schools not to cover up things like children being raped on their grounds? Nope. Fined? The money is going back to the state, where it will no doubt be funneled right back to the school. Scholarships lost and no postseason for a few years? Don't worry, it will all be given back far sooner than stated.

Actually, it's kind of like how our criminal justice system handles individual pedophiles. That state will probably let Sandusky off for good behavior (a.k.a. coaching their beloved college football team).

Meanwhile, players lose everything for accepting a free meal. :idk:

Is there any reason for schools not to cover up things like children being raped on their grounds? Nope. Fined? The money is going back to the state, where it will no doubt be funneled right back to the school. Scholarships lost and no postseason for a few years? Don't worry, it will all be given back far sooner than stated.

Actually, it's kind of like how our criminal justice system handles individual pedophiles. That state will probably let Sandusky off for good behavior (a.k.a. coaching their beloved college football team).

Meanwhile, players lose everything for accepting a free meal. :idk:

Where upon the fans will promptly welcome him back with open arms while, ever so indirectly, blaming the victims.

And all of this is occurring as schools are being busted for not turning in athletes who rape women. The balls of these institutions is really incredible. Then again, as you stated: why wouldnt they do whatever the **** they wanted? Whats the downside? The NCAA clearly doesnt care. You couldnt get more stone cold guilty then Penn State. And yet...here we are. Maybe dead bodies will be uncovered on some school's ground and indisputable evidence will link them to schools upper management, but until then this case was about as ugly (yet as clear cut) as can be. And the NCAA still managed to screw the pooch.

Done. I am done. I hope the players unionize and give the NCAA hell for years to come. I hope Congress gets involved but fat ****ing chance there. There needs to be some sort of check to the NCAA's power because they aren't even hiding the fact that the corrupt police the guilty. Not that any of this is surprising or shocking in the least...which i guess says more about this situation than anything else i could say.

Where upon the fans will promptly welcome him back with open arms while, ever so indirectly, blaming the victims.

And all of this is occurring as schools are being busted for not turning in athletes who rape women. The balls of these institutions is really incredible. Then again, as you stated: why wouldnt they do whatever the **** they wanted? Whats the downside? The NCAA clearly doesnt care. You couldnt get more stone cold guilty then Penn State. And yet...here we are. Maybe dead bodies will be uncovered on some school's ground and indisputable evidence will link them to schools upper management, but until then this case was about as ugly (yet as clear cut) as can be. And the NCAA still managed to screw the pooch.

Done. I am done. I hope the players unionize and give the NCAA hell for years to come. I hope Congress gets involved but fat ****ing chance there. There needs to be some sort of check to the NCAA's power because they aren't even hiding the fact that the corrupt police the guilty. Not that any of this is surprising or shocking in the least...which i guess says more about this situation than anything else i could say.

I am glad you made this post.

I was just getting ready to post how no one can really complain about this while still supporting the NCAA.

I simply do not watch much college football anymore and I refuse to pay to attend games or buy apparel. I can not support an institution that allows criminals to run wild all over campuses in this country while claiming they are "student athletes". Rapes are happening at all of these schools. Just because it is young women and not little kids like in the Sandusky case, does not make it acceptable to me. There are many other crimes going on involving scholarship athletes as well.

Until the NCAA owns up to the scam and starts paying these players I can not support this system. Pay the players for what is essentially a minor league program. Do not enroll them in college classes unless they pay their own way and are actually interested in the education provided. Offer no "special courses" that are total bull****, a disgrace to the school, and a slap in the face to all of the actual students attending the school.

Either pay the players and let them represent the school without being enrolled, or go to a system of using actual students to play the games.

The NCAA knows that using real students to play will not sell. Personally, I do not understand this, because I would rather watch real student athletes play. It is not as if the players they roll out there for most colleges are good enough to be pros anyway. But, the clueless fans believe they are watching some real legit talent out there.

The NFL also knows that an actual minor league system will not sell tickets either. You could take the exact players who are playing FBS football right now and put them in a minor league type of setting and without the schools' names attached to it, no one will watch or pay to attend. For some reason, when you take these not good enough to be NFL players, sprinkled in with a one or two NFL players per team, and put a college logo on their helmets, people FLOCK to the stadiums and have their lives revolve around "their team"! It really is silly.

And of course I realize there are bad people and criminals who wind up in the NFL. Every team seems to have a few. But, down the line it is NOTHING compared to the college teams. After all, it takes a certain level of commitment and maturity to be a professional athlete. Some of the most very talented can likely skate by without making the full commitment, but most of the players have to bust their asses and be extremely responsible to make it in the NFL and stick with a team. Those players simply do not have time to goof around and do stupid things. Borderline guys who make stupid choices will not get as much slack as the most talented players either. A bottom of the roster guy could get cut for getting arrested, while a star will get extra chances. In college, all of the players are treated like stars by the schools and the administration because they can get away with sweeping things under the rug to keep a backup RB around.

I just can not do it anymore. It is not even really good football. The SEC can often have some competitive games that are interesting to watch, but most college games are mismatches and total snooze fests anyway. Even some of the close games in other leagues are nothing more than 52-49 shootouts where no one on the field has any idea how to play defense. The college style offenses are boring to me as well even when they generate tons of points.

I am glad you made this post.

I was just getting ready to post how no one can really complain about this while still supporting the NCAA.

I simply do not watch much college football anymore and I refuse to pay to attend games or buy apparel. I can not support an institution that allows criminals to run wild all over campuses in this country while claiming they are "student athletes". Rapes are happening at all of these schools. Just because it is young women and not little kids like in the Sandusky case, does not make it acceptable to me. There are many other crimes going on involving scholarship athletes as well.

Until the NCAA owns up to the scam and starts paying these players I can not support this system. Pay the players for what is essentially a minor league program. Do not enroll them in college classes unless they pay their own way and are actually interested in the education provided. Offer no "special courses" that are total bull****, a disgrace to the school, and a slap in the face to all of the actual students attending the school.

Either pay the players and let them represent the school without being enrolled, or go to a system of using actual students to play the games.

The NCAA knows that using real students to play will not sell. Personally, I do not understand this, because I would rather watch real student athletes play. It is not as if the players they roll out there for most colleges are good enough to be pros anyway. But, the clueless fans believe they are watching some real legit talent out there.

The NFL also knows that an actual minor league system will not sell tickets either. You could take the exact players who are playing FBS football right now and put them in a minor league type of setting and without the schools' names attached to it, no one will watch or pay to attend. For some reason, when you take these not good enough to be NFL players, sprinkled in with a one or two NFL players per team, and put a college logo on their helmets, people FLOCK to the stadiums and have their lives revolve around "their team"! It really is silly.

And of course I realize there are bad people and criminals who wind up in the NFL. Every team seems to have a few. But, down the line it is NOTHING compared to the college teams. After all, it takes a certain level of commitment and maturity to be a professional athlete. Some of the most very talented can likely skate by without making the full commitment, but most of the players have to bust their asses and be extremely responsible to make it in the NFL and stick with a team. Those players simply do not have time to goof around and do stupid things. Borderline guys who make stupid choices will not get as much slack as the most talented players either. A bottom of the roster guy could get cut for getting arrested, while a star will get extra chances. In college, all of the players are treated like stars by the schools and the administration because they can get away with sweeping things under the rug to keep a backup RB around.

I just can not do it anymore. It is not even really good football. The SEC can often have some competitive games that are interesting to watch, but most college games are mismatches and total snooze fests anyway. Even some of the close games in other leagues are nothing more than 52-49 shootouts where no one on the field has any idea how to play defense. The college style offenses are boring to me as well even when they generate tons of points.

Dr. WV, do you realize how much you contradict yourself?

You can't point out all these shysters like David Garrard and then talk about how diligent these players have to be in order to keep a roster spot in the NFL.

Secondly, the NFL is the scummiest league on the planet, and they'll do anything to "protect the shield".

These organizations and the league itself will cover up everything from cheating (Spygate), Bounties, and wife beaters like Ray Rice... to concussions. Hell, they have murderers and rapists suiting up every Sunday. They have owners running around popping pills and getting DUI's. A blind eye is always turned until they get caught with their pants down. Over and over again. Meanwhile, they certainly don't mind holding municipalities hostage in order to pay for their new stadiums in the NFL either.

The problem with these kids in college is that they're kids first of all. And NCAA rules prohibit coaching staffs from being able to stay in contact with their players as much as they'd like to or need to. Then they turn around and blame the coaches for not keeping a close enough eye on their players. Its absurd.

These are supposed to be "grown men" in the NFL remember. Nonsense. The majority of the league is still the same immature kids they were 5 years prior in college. Only difference is they're armed with a union and multi-million dollar contracts now. There's very few Peyton Manning's or Drew Brees' in the NFL. Those guys are grown men. Most of em lack any type of self awareness.

Anywhere there's that much money at stake, there's going to be corruption and deceiving going on. It doesn't apply only to college football, or even confined to sports period.
Politics and money infiltrate everything where there is a demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say this: I'm 100% with WV on making college football all about actual student athletes again. Guys who are pursuing football as a career should have the opportunity to be PAID fairly for their trouble. Enough of the sham. Even though I think Johnny Manziel is a clown, the idea that he couldn't sign autographs for money while Texas A&M was raking in millions of dollars because of his play is absolutely ludicrous. It's simply not fair to the players, and it's a blow to the integrity of many of these schools.

And I know there is the argument that nobody would want to watch regular joe students play football, but the truth is that I think people who love their schools and their teams won't give a hoot if their guys are going on to a professional league. It's the flip side of "nobody wants to watch a spring football minor league." It's not the 'quality of play,' it's the emotional investment in the teams.

I'll say this: I'm 100% with WV on making college football all about actual student athletes again. Guys who are pursuing football as a career should have the opportunity to be PAID fairly for their trouble. Enough of the sham. Even though I think Johnny Manziel is a clown, the idea that he couldn't sign autographs for money while Texas A&M was raking in millions of dollars because of his play is absolutely ludicrous. It's simply not fair to the players, and it's a blow to the integrity of many of these schools.

And I know there is the argument that nobody would want to watch regular joe students play football, but the truth is that I think people who love their schools and their teams won't give a hoot if their guys are going on to a professional league. It's the flip side of "nobody wants to watch a spring football minor league." It's not the 'quality of play,' it's the emotional investment in the teams.

Again, this falls on the shoulders of the NFL. They are the ones with the rule that won't allow a kid to enter their league until he's 3 years removed from high school. The Universities have to fight off the NFL's scumbag agents constantly from being in contact with their kids, resulting in sanctions and penalties.

Its up to the NFL to fix this. These kids should be allowed to be gainfully employed in the NFL straight out of highschool if that's their wish. Just like they can in any other professional league or sport.

The bottom line is that the NFL doesn't care about the integrity of the game of football on any level. Not even their own. Its all about expanding it and more money.

You are correct about one thing though. Folks that are really tied to the schools they support will watch and attend regardless. Just like they do for other sports at the school. Nobody is concerned with turning them into pros. That's not the job of the University.

Again, this falls on the shoulders of the NFL. They are the ones with the rule that won't allow a kid to enter their league until he's 3 years removed from high school. The Universities have to fight off the NFL's scumbag agents constantly from being in contact with their kids, resulting in sanctions and penalties.

Its up to the NFL to fix this. These kids should be allowed to be gainfully employed in the NFL straight out of highschool if that's their wish. Just like they can in any other professional league or sport.

The bottom line is that the NFL doesn't care about the integrity of the game of football on any level. Not even their own. Its all about expanding it and more money.

You are correct about one thing though. Folks that are really tied to the schools they support will watch and attend regardless. Just like they do for other sports at the school. Nobody is concerned with turning them into pros. That's not the job of the University.

I agree that the NFL is a huge part of the problem. It's a cartel that, quite frankly, should not have the antitrust exemptions it enjoys.

I just can't pin all the blame for the ills of college football on the NFL. The universities that condone and cover-up wrongdoing must share in the blame for these problems, even if the root cause of it all is the absurd system that forces young men who just want to be professional football players to pretend that they are scholars.

I agree that the NFL is a huge part of the problem. It's a cartel that, quite frankly, should not have the antitrust exemptions it enjoys.

I just can't pin all the blame for the ills of college football on the NFL. The universities that condone and cover-up wrongdoing must share in the blame for these problems, even if the root cause of it all is the absurd system that forces young men who just want to be professional football players to pretend that they are scholars.

Absolutely. The issue however is that the NFL has never held any responsibility or culpability into trying to resolve it.

Why would they? The NFL nor its agents care one iota how much trouble a University gets into. They have a free farm system that prepares these kids to play professionally.

That's not what the school is there for. But the way the NFL looks at it.... why should WE spend the resources to develope and prepare these athletes to be professionals when we can just let college football do it?

Everything from nutritional programs to physical development. College football has it covered....on their own dime.

So, what I'm getting from this thread is that both the NCAA and the NFL are **** organizations striving to reach FIFA levels of corruption and depravity.

Oh well, congrats to Pedo State.

Penn State's football program should have gotten the death penalty until Sandusky himself died (in prison, preferably). The idea that that bunch of child rape enabling hillybillys get to root on their team after the way that the team acted and they as fans and supporters acted is a disgrace. This wasn't one guy going on a rampage or popping a few pills or whooping up on someone. This was the institutional cover up of the most heinous crime in our culture. It's frankly impossible to take any Penn State fan seriously as a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Media is ambushed and overloaded with the Ray Rice video yesterday morning, which displayed the incompetence and ass backwards handling of Goodell who continually backpedaled on his "discipline" of the domestic abuse matter every time new evidence was leaked to the public, and the NCAA saw a perfect time to try relinquish the original penalties given to Penn state and slip it under the radar knowing it's only mention would be through the ticker at the bottom of everyone's screen. NCAA football & the NFL are blatantly corrupt and it is ****ing disgusting.

Rozelle and Tagliabue worked way too hard to bring the NFL to it's current glory for this pea-brained ego-maniac ginger to ruin it all so quickly. Goodell needs to be dealt with as well as the corruption of universities continually taking advantage of the student athlete. It's a shame. It's a sham. Something needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom