NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

68 teams are thrown into some tournament and told to go fight for a title lol. That's trash. Half of them didn't beat anyone to get the same opportunity. So right off the bat, half the teams didn't even earn the right to be there...they just won some crappy conference full of culinary institutes that no one has ever even heard of.

In college football, it's King of the Mountain. Win your games and play a tough schedule. The best of both worlds. And at the end of the season, I get to see two teams that we KNOW earned the right to play for a title. And if an undefeated team like Utah gets left out, then tough **** it's your own fault. Schedule someone worth playing.

JCane is an elitist. I wanna see teams get what they've earned and not some "chance" when they haven't proven themselves over the long haul.

We don't know that they earned it, in CFB it's win 3-4 tough/semi tough games(maybe even a road game tosseed in!), play in a major conf and you can play for a Nat'l Title.

If you want to see teams earn it how can you suport the CFB system?

Yeah, win YOUR games on YOUR schedule, make sure they're TOUGH LEGIT games, stay undefeated, play in a REAL conference...that's earning it.

You can't beat up Montana State and Waterbury Tech and then claim you're just as deserving as someone who plays LSU, Alabama, and other tough games. Doesn't work like that.

In a tournament for football, they'll play LESS tough games and you're going to end up having teams win it with two losses more frequently lol.

Yeah, win YOUR games on YOUR schedule, make sure they're TOUGH LEGIT games, stay undefeated, play in a REAL conference...that's earning it.

You can't beat up Montana State and Waterbury Tech and then claim you're just as deserving as someone who plays LSU, Alabama, and other tough games. Doesn't work like that.

In a tournament for football, they'll play LESS tough games and you're going to end up having teams win it with two losses more frequently lol.

Not all scheds are created equal, we can think we know which scheds are tougher but we don't know. Auburn's sched was not difficult last year, they had ONE legit road game- that's not a tough sched. We have seen big progarms go undefeated and get screwed b/c of perceived schedule strength. It's an asinine system.

So if Auburn's schedule wasn't that tough, what does that say about everyone else? Who had a tough schedule in your mind?

I think Alabama had the toughest and also had one of the best teams. Auburn beat them in Tuscaloosa after being down big time. They also beat USC...who also beat Alabama.

I don't like the USC beat Alabama and Auburn beat both argument but you seem to like those a lot seeing as how you talked about Utah beating Oregon State lol.

So if Auburn's schedule wasn't that tough, what does that say about everyone else? Who had a tough schedule in your mind?

I think Alabama had the toughest and also had one of the best teams. Auburn beat them in Tuscaloosa after being down big time. They also beat USC...who also beat Alabama.

I don't like the USC beat Alabama and Auburn beat both argument but you seem to like those a lot seeing as how you talked about Utah beating Oregon State lol.

now, I haven't examined everyone's sched. I know from looking at Auburn's sched that theirs was not very difficult w/ just one tough road game out of only 4 road games all year.

USC is in LA, the Carolina version was an overrated team who Auburn got to play at home and at a neutral site.

You sked me who Utah beat, I posted the numerous good teams they beat.

"But South Carolina was ranked 12th and 19th when they played."

I can see you using that argument to defend someone from the tournament.

:lol:

Im not sure junc understands that you cant realistically play a top 25 team every week.

Im not sure junc understands that you cant realistically play a top 25 team every week.

If team plays 12 reg season games and 4 are against top 25 teams that's really not that difficult especially when only one is on the road. I get that every game isn't going to be tough but I can't take it when people are acting like Auburn played this crazy sched when in reality it wasn't really difficult at all. That doesn't mean they weren't the best team but it would be much harder to win a title if you had to win 2 or 3 games in a Tourney rather than crusing to one game to decide the title.

You trying to say Moorehead State wasnt a tough team to beat?

After you get out of the 1st rd you are hitting top 25 caliber teams as a high seed. There are 4-5 tough games for a 1 or 2 seed, that's 3-4 more tough games to win than in the CFB bowls.

If team plays 12 reg season games and 4 are against top 25 teams that's really not that difficult especially when only one is on the road. I get that every game isn't going to be tough but I can't take it when people are acting like Auburn played this crazy sched when in reality it wasn't really difficult at all. That doesn't mean they weren't the best team but it would be much harder to win a title if you had to win 2 or 3 games in a Tourney rather than crusing to one game to decide the title.

Well obviously it would be harder. It wouldnt necessarily pick the best team though. All a playoff does is give inferior teams a better chance at winning the title and lowers the chances for the true best teams.

Well obviously it would be harder. It wouldnt necessarily pick the best team though. All a playoff does is give inferior teams a better chance at winning the title and lowers the chances for the true best teams.

The best teams will find ways to win. Should we abolish playoffs in all sports? Should the SB have been NE and Atlanta?

The best teams will find ways to win. Should we abolish playoffs in all sports? Should the SB have been NE and Atlanta?

The first sentence is absolutely not true. You really think the 07 Giants were better than the Patriots?

As far as abolishing playoffs, they are fun for the entertainment. I dont watch because I think the best team will win. That isnt the case often. NCAA football is different. I like playoffs, but their system is fun in its own right. Every single game of the season is huge. The best two teams square off more often than not. Its different than playoffs, but good in its own right.

I was listening to ESPN Radio tonight at work when I heard an advertisement for Mike and Mike. They were playing a clip from a previous show where Mike Greenberg, junk's boy, said that the tournament is filled with excitement but it's just a STUPID way to pick a champion because it completely delegitimizes the regular season.

Pretty accurate.

Back
Top Bottom