NCAA Tournament Thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA Tournament Thread

The first sentence is absolutely not true. You really think the 07 Giants were better than the Patriots?

As far as abolishing playoffs, they are fun for the entertainment. I dont watch because I think the best team will win. That isnt the case often. NCAA football is different. I like playoffs, but their system is fun in its own right. Every single game of the season is huge. The best two teams square off more often than not. Its different than playoffs, but good in its own right.

Nope, the '07 Giants were not better but they beat them and that is all that matters. You have to earn championships on the field, should we just vote on the champion?

Every single game of the CFB season is not huge b/c most of the games are gimme games. There are a handful of big games in CFB every year. Teams only play a few tough games a year. I don't want a 64 team Tourney but an 8 or 16 team tourney would be great and it would be the best postseason in any sport- a title currently occupied by CBB.

I was listening to ESPN Radio tonight at work when I heard an advertisement for Mike and Mike. They were playing a clip from a previous show where Mike Greenberg, junk's boy, said that the tournament is filled with excitement but it's just a STUPID way to pick a champion because it completely delegitimizes the regular season.

Pretty accurate.

You play the reg season to earn a higher seed and get an easier path to a title but you still have to win on the court. It's like in any sport, in the NFL they play the reg season to see who gets homefield and who gets into the playoffs. It doesn't delegitimize reg season games but they give us true win or go home games unlike CFB where a champ can lose TWO games and still win it all. You can't do that in the NFL or CBB, it's win or you are done.

Nope, the '07 Giants were not better but they beat them and that is all that matters. You have to earn championships on the field, should we just vote on the champion?

Thats why I said I like playoffs for entertainment value, but they dont necessarily pick the best team. You just said what Ive been saying this entire time. CFB is different and fun because the two best teams almost always play eachother for the title. Its different and fun.

Thats why I said I like playoffs for entertainment value, but they dont necessarily pick the best team. You just said what Ive been saying this entire time. CFB is different and fun because the two best teams almost always play eachother for the title. Its different and fun.

But we don't know it is the 2 best teams and many years it may not be the 2 best teams. USC didn't get to play for the BCS in '03(I think it was '03), Nebraska made it in '01, FSU in '00, OSU back to back in '06 and '07,... The best teams are always playing and we really don't know who the best teams are unless they play each other anyway.

The BCS gets the two best teams in the championship far more often than the tournament does that's for sure.

But I was happy to hear Greenberg say what he did. Finally after all of these years this tournament is beginning to expose itself for what it really is and a lot of people are beginning to realize that the BCS might not be so bad afterall.

The BCS gets the two best teams in the championship far more often than the tournament does that's for sure.

But I was happy to hear Greenberg say what he did. Finally after all of these years this tournament is beginning to expose itself for what it really is and a lot of people are beginning to realize that the BCS might not be so bad afterall.

Not really, they have gotten it right maybe 3-4 times since it began, we have seen many CBB title games w/ 2 teams that were considered the best most of the year.

That's how I have felt this entire thread dealing w/ you. Just off the top of my head FSU didn't belong in '00, Nebraska didn't belong in '01, USC was the best team in the Country in '03 and they didn't play for the title, OU lost 35-7 in the B12 ttile game and made the BCS title game in '03, OSU didn't deserve it in '06 or '07, ...

That's alot of years where the best teams weren't playing.

Back
Top Bottom